Reporting/Muting

The Observer

In many fights, heated rivalries tend to cause flaming. Some clans take advantage of this by reporting them (or muting them if they're a Player Mod). My question is, is reporting the other clan a decent thing to do? Or do their consequences for their actions?

j0xPu5R.png

LOL, tell your clanmates to stop dropping N-bombs and they won't get muted :thumbup:

On topic, if PMods are muting players for spamming non-offensive material in a fight then they're abusing their powers and are taking away from the spirit of the fight. I personally would like it if PMods didn't have the ability to mute, rather, their reports were sent on a fast-track for JMod review. Too many people have been muted for the wrong reasons, escpecially in wars between clans.

rsd.gif

rsdb.png

124ecdx.gifFormer Admin of The Death Monkeighs124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Vengeance Council124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Eternal Honour Member124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifCurrent Runescape Dinasty Supreme Member124ecdx.gif

I spammed Idiot in a cwa matched opts when the opposing side ran out of bounds continuously, in the report evidence It shows them getting everyone to report me lol.

Also heard mods in top clans reported spammers a lot which is dumb.

6590ew.jpg

Think it's pretty sad tbh. Kind of akin to ddosing an audio server (albeit on a much smaller scale)

Sorry no, reporting/muting someone for breaking a rule, no matter how small of an infraction it was, is not even in the same galaxy as DDoSing an audio server.

A2xdnTr.png

X2LvGU2.png

Rules are rules, and they're made painfully clear through the sign-up process. PKers should be held to them no less than any other slice of the Runescape demographic.

Is it a decent thing for "pet mods" to mute their group's opponents while ignoring similar behavior from the friendly side? I don't think so, but that doesn't excuse the "victim's" offensive behavior.

Have a little taste, a little tact, and a little something between the ears and everything works out for the better. :D

Happy to see some non-clan community members posting.

I completely agree with what you say. If, for example, someone starts spamming obvious offensive material then they should receive their punishments. The problem comes with over-reporting; things that aren't necessarily offensive or problematic being reported and we all know with Jagex's report system the flaws that it indeed has. Examples of that are regular clan pile spam. I have yet to be punished for that but I have seen many players who have been muted because of them spamming 'DF Name' etc, and these are by other clan's members (more notably Player Mods... note that I'm not trying to put Player Mods as a whole in a bad light). Sure it can be removed in the Clan Leaders forum, but it takes quite a while for something to be removed, and by that time, the mute has already expired. (The offence would probably be removed, but still, the damage was done.)

To add to that, most clans use it as an advantage rather than just genuinely reporting. That in itself creates these problems in the first place.

j0xPu5R.png

LOL, tell your clanmates to stop dropping N-bombs and they won't get muted :thumbup:

On topic, if PMods are muting players for spamming non-offensive material in a fight then they're abusing their powers and are taking away from the spirit of the fight. I personally would like it if PMods didn't have the ability to mute, rather, their reports were sent on a fast-track for JMod review. Too many people have been muted for the wrong reasons, escpecially in wars between clans.

Indeed. It's a complete conflict of interest, and mods who insist on using muting as a strategy of war should be punished.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Both things are wrong: players braking the rules by flaming and Pmods power abusing. :thumbdown:

juliet2.jpg

♥ Ex Condemned Army Founder | Ex Silent Ember Council ♥

♥ Aces of War Legend ♥

Dunno why anyone would mute/report someone during a fight tbh. You're just taking away the fun, lol. Muting/reporting the "flamer" will simply tell them that you were affected, and so they will just keep going.

kuru72siggy3.png

Retired on: June 30, 2010

We don't flame in True Ownage, but in Legendz I remember receiving a few mutes when people joined our public chat and tried to make the most out of everything our members said lol. Fortunately I had Clan Leader status on the Jagex forums back then, so an email to them would quickly explain how rival clans are just trying to make trouble - hence the removal of some mutes, but not all.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

Nope, I'd hate to be a hypocrite.

Blasphemy

We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win. ~ Blasphemien Way

29ehbtt.png

"Rest In Peace, Muelmar - A True Modern Day Hero"