saifzam

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Logdotzip brought up a good point:

Since Jagex decided to fix this, they need to fix PJing too, at least with regards to mages. They can't fight how they are meant to fight (i.e. from a distance) because as soon as they start to farcast, some other douchebag rushes them.

td2sig.jpg

I really don't understand how people could disagree with this tweak.

"YO JAMFLEX, I NO THESE SPELLS WERE ONLY SPOSED TO BE FOR MULTICOMBAT AND IMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT U GUYZ IS STUPID FOR MAKING THESE SPELLS WORK HOW THEY SPOSED TO WORK, YAH MEAN?!"

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

"YO JAMFLEX, I NO THESE SPELLS WERE ONLY SPOSED TO BE FOR MULTICOMBAT AND IMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT U GUYZ IS STUPID FOR MAKING THESE SPELLS WORK HOW THEY SPOSED TO WORK, YAH MEAN?!"

I disagree because if you ask me, Jagex needs a more creative solution to combat imbalances than to just bust out the ole' nerf bat and go crazy. By nerfing new and creative tactics, they back themselves into a corner, and you end up with people just standing around in edge just waiting to be rushed. What Jagex needs to do to fix its problems is create a counter. Maybe, make a spell that disables assist for ten minutes, or make a spell that can "steal" the assists that another player is recieving. There could be a shield that reduces the damage of vengance but gives a combat penalty on the wearer, or some bolts that cause another player to potentially lose some spec/health when that target is venged or spec transferred or health transferred. I think that overall, expansions to the PvP combat system are better than nerfs.

Rejected.jpg

I disagree because if you ask me, Jagex needs a more creative solution to combat imbalances than to just bust out the ole' nerf bat and go crazy. By nerfing new and creative tactics, they back themselves into a corner, and you end up with people just standing around in edge just waiting to be rushed. What Jagex needs to do to fix its problems is create a counter. Maybe, make a spell that disables assist for ten minutes, or make a spell that can "steal" the assists that another player is recieving. There could be a shield that reduces the damage of vengance but gives a combat penalty on the wearer, or some bolts that cause another player to potentially lose some spec/health when that target is venged or spec transferred or health transferred. I think that overall, expansions to the PvP combat system are better than nerfs.

How in the world was this a nerf? In what reality is a multi-combat spell supposed to work in single-combat? If you can prove that these MULTI-COMBAT (AS IN MEANT ONLY FOR MULTI-COMBAT) spells were always supposed to work in single-combat (keyword: supposed), you'll have every right to call this a 'nerf,' but until then you just sound like a moron.

dgs5.jpg

How in the world was this a nerf? In what reality is a multi-combat spell supposed to work in single-combat? If you can prove that these MULTI-COMBAT (AS IN MEANT ONLY FOR MULTI-COMBAT) spells were always supposed to work in single-combat (keyword: supposed), you'll have every right to call this a 'nerf,' but until then you just sound like a moron.

Please don't call me a moron for just stating my ideas, I am only trying to have a respectful discussion, and I understand that you disagree with me, but there is no need for name calling.

Either way, to answer your remark, I call it a nerf because when the spells were released, they worked in single-combat, but now restricting them to multi-combat is effectively making them much less useful.

Rejected.jpg

So, because faulty coding allowed these spells to be used in ways they were never supposed to be used, and because it has always been this way, the code should remain broken? Keeping the broken code simply because it's always been broken is not reason enough not to change it.

This was clearly detrimental for PVP. Only an idiot would fail to see that.

dgs5.jpg

So, because faulty coding allowed these spells to be used in ways they were never supposed to be used, and because it has always been this way, the code should remain broken? Keeping the broken code simply because it's always been broken is not reason enough not to change it.

This was clearly detrimental for PVP. Only an idiot would fail to see that.

Maybe you're reading the quote that started this thread differently than me, but the way that I interpreted it was that Jagex decided that it was no longer fair to allow the ___ other spells to be used in single-combat, so they decided to change it.

Rejected.jpg

2-3 years ago(no clue on exact date) famous youtuber was claw specing people in pvp 20+ times

shortly after it was "nerfed" to multi combat

with the release of new wild it was once again allowed in single combat.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

These spells were completely, stupidly overpowered for single-combat. There's no arguing that. You should NOT require a team of people to fight in single-combat wilderness, that's the entire point of single combat. There's no way one guy is going to beat another guy who has a team of 5 people spec transfering him for 12 d claw specs or 6 korasi specs in a row. That is, in every sense of the word, a team ganging up on one person in a single combat area.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Good update. Consider the following: formerly, with energy transfer, people were able to transfer their special attack bar to their friend in single combat, thus the one getting the energy was able to carry out several special attacks in a row. This could be roughly equated to having to fight two people at once in single combat, one of which cannot be killed. Feel cool enough for that? I don't.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

I can't believe I'm going to say this...

I seem to be of the same opinion as Green and Obtaurian.

The spells were not designed to be used in single way combat, an totally went against the very idea of single way combat. It should be 1v1, not 1v1+1. Now if only Mages could farcast it would allow wilderness to be much less broken.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I can't believe I'm going to say this...

I seem to be of the same opinion as Green and Obtaurian.

The spells were not designed to be used in single way combat, an totally went against the very idea of single way combat. It should be 1v1, not 1v1+1. Now if only Mages could farcast it would allow wilderness to be much less broken.

Dan has a sane opinion! *cries and hugs Dan* I knew you could do it!

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Yeah, that'd be great. Being required to have a certain magic level, be on a certain spellbook, and carry certain runes to make sure you won't be team rushed in a single combat area.

Or, we could just disallow team rushing in single combat. Somehow I'm thinking the latter option is a bit less bull [cabbage].

I'm not saying that something needed to be done, I'm just saying that I think a better alternative would have been some sort of hard counter to these spells.

there's nothing wrong with adding more creative solutions to combat but your solution involves creating a single way combat metagame, that only exists when there is spec and veng transferring.

That's just wholly unnecessary. Single way combat is single way combat.

Metagames are nice, but they a single way combat metagame should only involve two players.

Naaxi.png

I always wondered... wasn't lunar meant to be a SUPPORT book? hmm...

Jagex stabilized the combat triangle by overpowering all 3 forms of combat. Melee has dragon claws, korasi, etc. Range has Dragon (e) bolts and magic can now hit over 400 too. But magic is still underpowered as mages can't farcast.

But the farcasting issue isn't a problem because many mages will freeze you then step under you. But IMO magic was never meant to be used solely for combat (or was designed in such a manner that it sucks), i always thought magic was meant to be for hybridding.

Anyway, where can one use these 'support' spells in multi combat anyway? It's kind of pointless if you're at nex and you heal a team mate for 800lp thus losing 800lp yourself.

Agreed, great change. Not just for xfers, but vengeance-other too. It's equally as overpowered being able to circumvent the 30 second vengeance timer by having a squad around you giving vengeance rebounding 75% of damage back to your opponent every blow. And honestly, why care that it was nerfed outside the wilderness either? How many places do you walk around with an inventory of runes to cure-other/venge-other/heal-other people in single combat? If there are any, it's an extremely niche scenario.

I agree lunar needs updating, but as the Chaos elemental hints, we're due for a lunar update and I believe 8-10 new spells so I'm pretty sure it's on the way.