Game Update FAQ - 15/03/11

Lep

Just get rid of the ROW already, its causing alot more headaches than it is helping people. All this fuss about one ring when theres hundreds of rings in RS, its just silly...

Its a simple solution.

More like 20

The glitchy steel titan really pisses me off. It's very odd now. It used to be all weird in PVP, now it's weird where it's actually useful. <_<

since when was steel titan not "actually useful" in PvP

The only way to use it in PVP before was to call it. Now you can make it attack whoever you want. But yeah, at TDS it sucks balls now.

What did they change about Big Sexy at TDs? Just started bringing my Steel down to TD again a few days ago... Not been since the update.

09144a99bb.png

What does the message "Your ring of wealth glows more brightly!" actually mean? It happens on every kill so it is completely pointless and does not accomplish the intended purpose of letting us know when it changes something at all.

Mod Piesche: The message lets you know that the Ring of Wealth has improved your chances for the coming drop. This does mean that it will appear every time when killing monsters that have a chance to drop unique rare items on every kill (such as abyssal demons), but the message does not necessarily mean that the drop you receive is rare.

Mod Mark: We wanted to be very clear on when the ring had a potential effect on the drop since it was the most common question about the ring before this update. You can of course filter this out if you turn your game filter on.

This garbage was intended? This is so annoying on the monsters it affects 100%. I don't care about potentially increased drop rates, I care about seeing the message when it actually affects the drop. Here's a quote from the news post itself:

Whats more, the ring will now also let you know when it has made a difference to your drops, so you can better judge how useful wearing one is for how you play.

So instead of shining "when it has made a difference to your drops", it shines "when it has a chance of making a difference to your drops." Stupid.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

-Mages can now continue casting spells if their magic level drops too low (good fight everything used to lower mage)

I'd be best if jagex would just allow people to continue casting spells if their magic is drained , eliminate boosted casting, and give seercull/topaz bolts/ect higher stat drains.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

-Mages can now continue casting spells if their magic level drops too low (good fight everything used to lower mage)

I'd be best if jagex would just allow people to continue casting spells if their magic is drained , eliminate boosted casting, and give seercull/topaz bolts/ect higher stat drains.

Or they could change the way magic damage boosts are calculated by applying a -3% damage penalty for each magic level below your normal level.

Like the inverse of a magic potion.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Or they could change the way magic damage boosts are calculated by applying a -3% damage penalty for each magic level below your normal level.

Like the inverse of a magic potion.

Yeah that would make more sense.

Afterall a warrior getting drained loses strength and attack power not the weapon he is using.

Rangers lose attack power when drained but keep the bow.

So its fair that mages now don;t get omg lvl drain u cant use tht spell no mores, but it needs to be sorted so mage drain does weaken spells strength

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Will Mortania's graphics be like those of Lumbridge Swamp when it gets round to being updated?

Mod Mark: Actually, it will be even better!

Yes please!

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

So long, annoying abby pkers with Seercull. Think farming profit will still be okay, if not, skilling is pretty much dead for, for some exceptions.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Wow Lep, you really like to be positive don't you. You only like POH's? No wonder no updates apply to you as that's one part of one skill in such a huge game.

The updates all look quite good from my perspective.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Just get rid of the ROW already, its causing alot more headaches than it is helping people. All this fuss about one ring when theres hundreds of rings in RS, its just silly...

Its a simple solution.

Actually, there are very few rings worth using in RS. Seers, Berserker, Archer, Explorer(for farming tele) and ferocious.

Not counting (i) rings.

What are you talking about? There are very few rings in the game that aren't useful. There's the Ring of Devotion, which gives some useful defensive stats across the board for f2pers, Ring of Dueling, a staple of Summoning training and Nature runecrafting, Ring of Kinship, which has all the funky customisable options in dungeoneering, Ring of Charos, for cheaper ship chartering, Ring of Slayer for the really convenient teleports to slayer dungeons...

Do I need to go on?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Its a simple solution.

Actually, there are very few rings worth using in RS. Seers, Berserker, Archer, Explorer(for farming tele) and ferocious.

Not counting (i) rings.

What are you talking about? There are very few rings in the game that aren't useful. There's the Ring of Devotion, which gives some useful defensive stats across the board for f2pers, Ring of Dueling, a staple of Summoning training and Nature runecrafting, Ring of Kinship, which has all the funky customisable options in dungeoneering, Ring of Charos, for cheaper ship chartering, Ring of Slayer for the really convenient teleports to slayer dungeons...

Do I need to go on?

Pretty sure the main focus is about rings that are useful in combat.

Wow Lep, you really like to be positive don't you. You only like POH's? No wonder no updates apply to you as that's one part of one skill in such a huge game.

The updates all look quite good from my perspective.

Agreed. I think this update is good and I'm happy that Jagex upgraded the row. Even though skilling has indeed lost some of its usefullness compared to combat, skilling is still skilling. To really get somewhere in RS you need to have high non-combat skills as well. Just look at dungeoneering for example.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Its a simple solution.

Not counting (i) rings.

Do I need to go on?

Pretty sure the main focus is about rings that are useful in combat.

Doesn't look like it to me, since the guy mentioned that the Explorer's ring is good for the farming tele.

~ W ~

sigzi.png