How much is Runescape's entertainment worth to you?

Troll Bomber

Membership Fees  

180 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you be willing to pay a month for membership?

• Raise it higher and I'm outa here
    • $10 but not a dime higher
    • $20 is pushing it, but I'll pay to play.
    • I play enough that $30 seems reasonable.
    • I'd be willing to pay $40+ I play so much.

I would pay max 10. Would probably still play if it's more, but I would be very upset -.-

On offtopic, NerdBomber, it's scary how similar our stats are!

Autist.png

Nerdbomber34.png

Seriously, what the hell?

Haha that is weird. I was reading the newer posts and saw my sig with a "what the hell?" under it and was like what did I do wrong? (other than the fact most of my noncombats suck and my prayer is embarassing). But that is weird. Almost +/- 3 on all skills o.O

OT: There's a lot more people than I thought that play the game just habitually... at least more than myself. Chances are I would play for quite a time and put up with quite a bit of BS from Jagex seeing as I just feel I've put too much time and effort into the game to just quit over an update.

Jagex would have to completely and utterly destroy the game beyond playability or charge an outrageous price for what they give out for me to quit. Chances are RL issues will be the end of my playtime. God knows when that's going to happen.

Trollbomber.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to pay around 14$ before I realized my creditcard was eligible for internet puraches. #-o However the current 6/month is really all I'm ready to pay for this kind of casual game. Well maybe the game isn't casual but I'm playing it casually so paying more would be a waste. Maybe if some of the points raised in this thread would be implemented like better customer service I might pay maybe maximum of 10.

Sephy.png

• 2 weeks later...

I would be willing to pay $15/mo. if they improved on the things listed here.

I would lose the luxury of having 2 accounts with members, but maybe they would work something out so you can have multiple accounts connected to a card. ( I know that it could be abused with the current system, but with one similar to wow, you're fine.)

4e0Vn.png

I clicked 40+ just to click it... lol

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

I pay $5 cuz of the legacy thing or whatever. So yeah, they've had my money since when it was actually my parents' money.

$5 is worth 3 or more new shiny colorful things to do a month; weekly updates are a big part of why I still play!

If they doubled that, they would have to make the game easier to keep me here. As in, they would have to create a non-grinding alternative for many skills and lower death penalties even more than they plan to this month.

Basically, I would have to want to play, which isn't exactly the case currently. I think I speak for most people when I say that once you get to 70-80 stats, or even 60 for some skills, whatever original satisfaction goes away from "training" and it becomes a full grind if there isn't a dynamic changing minigame or other alternative.

The graphics are grand in a few places, mediocre in a large part, and hellish everywhere but the main couple of areas. If there was a huge, all-encompassing graphic update the game would feel of much higher quality.

I don't know who finds it fun to click the same couple of things repeatedly for hours on end (unless means justify ends, as earlier in thread ^), or die and lose almost all of their items. I can't do that anymore, but I'm still here - once again - for the frequent updates.

I feel like this thread boils down to what we don't like about the game than appreciating what value it gives us... #-o

2dgucz6.png

Interesting poll. I'd probably pay up to $10-15 a month since I'm a poor university student and need booze money.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

I'd go up to $8 or $9 for better customer support (eg. fixing unfair mutes/bans) or improved bot detection, $12 for both.

You can already succesfully get rid of unfair mutes/bans, if you're determined enough and refuse to take no for an answer. ;)

That said, with the points mentioned by others I wouldn't pay more than I already am. With the method I use loyalty rate is €5,30/month, and I'd be willing to let that go up to €6,50. If they charge more than that I''m out.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Did y'all know cancelling your subscription with the reason of poor customer support... They offer you a discount to reactivate it in the next x amount of days? ;).

Sounds like loyalty rate to me :o

You get that message anyway once you've been subscribed for a year or more.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Seeing as there is only around 40 hours of Original content in the game if you add up EVERYTHING, I feel that $6 a month over time is WAY MORE than I should need to pay.

When I say original content I mean all skills before the thousands of repetitive clicking hours and unoriginal ripped off quests and mini games.

6fcc8f4a14.png

BleachBaboosmall.jpg

Before venturing out of RS and into other MMO's, I would have said that $10-$15 might sound reasonable. But after qutting RS and trying quite a few random MMO's and seeing their cost vs what they offer as gameplay and world, I'd say RS is very not worth that in terms of content, especially after you've done all the quests and diaries and have grinded enough 99's to make your teeth fall out. There is just so much more gameplay other than grinding that other games offer, beyond the other reasons of like tiny world map, the hoardes of bots, the pretty meh graphics - mind you, I'm playing on low-end laptop, and it can still run MMO with much more impressive graphics. In all, I've just became very much jaded with RS - I chose the game a long time ago and spent so long on it, and yet it feels like my time and money could've went better elsewhere. $5,95 is as much as the game's worth. If you play RS for 3 months, you can easily buy a used pc/console game for less than that with much more original content - other than grinding.

If you want to see what I mean - try LOTRO, FFXI or WOW, and for casual gamers - free realms. They're all very diffferent experiences from RS, and for the most part - better.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg