You know what I HATE more than anything in this game?

TheGreatGeno

The game in 2006 actually was a lot better....there was actually a community than.

If there isnt one now there sure as hell wasnt one then.

06 - still had the doom sayers that flooded the game and forums saying "RS sucks now, this games going to die soon, etc." Still had lurers, bots and scammers everywhere. It DID had personal trading but DIDNT have clan chat (I think clan chat brough as much community as the GE destroyed). RS is teh same as it was then, just with more skills and quests and better graphics.

Oh and back in 06 it was all the rage to talk about how "miniclippers" are immature and destroyed the social fabric of runescape

actually I feel clan chat has destroyed the communitie a lot..

No longer you'll get into a random talk with strangers, and no longer you'll easily meet new people while mining/fishing/skilling.. People are always busy in "their" clanchat!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Like anything, a game changes. I for one dislike the power creep and utter devaluation of skilling as a viable means of income, which I think the return of free trade exacerbated. Not need to get Hunter or Fishing on your pure if you can just trade across accounts from your maxed combat Corp-er.

I found a panda and then we bought malt liquor. I hold my malt liquor better than a panda.

And I thought my weekends were good. ._.

the community and such may not have changed, but the game certainly has gotten a lot easier over the years... no comment as to whether that makes RS better or worse

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

The game in 2006 actually was a lot better....there was actually a community than.

100% sure you were playing a different game

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

If there isnt one now there sure as hell wasnt one then.

06 - still had the doom sayers that flooded the game and forums saying "RS sucks now, this games going to die soon, etc." Still had lurers, bots and scammers everywhere. It DID had personal trading but DIDNT have clan chat (I think clan chat brough as much community as the GE destroyed). RS is teh same as it was then, just with more skills and quests and better graphics.

Oh and back in 06 it was all the rage to talk about how "miniclippers" are immature and destroyed the social fabric of runescape

actually I feel clan chat has destroyed the communitie a lot..

No longer you'll get into a random talk with strangers, and no longer you'll easily meet new people while mining/fishing/skilling.. People are always busy in "their" clanchat!

I actually end up talking with strangers while doing stuff almost every day.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

I personally liked 2006 RS better than it is now. Although there were still bots, there were lots less of them. Things were lower priced and not influenced by what the GE says it's worth. Free trade was exactly that: Free. In all aspects of the word. No one to tell you, "Well it's this much on GE". Screw your GE price, no one sells things for base price. They all want as much as they think they can get for it, when the GE is telling them otherwise on the price.

Hisaonakai.png

I remember when I started playing in 1945 everything was perfect.

Really though, it's all one game following a progression, it's all good in certain ways, I'd be so bored by now if it had never changed.

Leylen.png

"You know what I HATE more than anything in this game?"

[hide]whiners.[/hide]

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Hell just had a little flashback, it's always been better training at higher combat. Remember in RSC you had to fight people when you fail pickpocketed (i think?), it was a lot easier if you had higher stats.

Depends. You just had to fight for 3 rounds, then you could run off and continue thieving. Then it's just a question of rather you would prefer to kill your target or wait 3 rounds.

lalalasig2.png