Drinking/Drugs

Guest Rob

i went out a few nights ago, had too many tequila shots drank more than enough scotch

consequently I don't remember much between 2:30 AM and 3:00 PM of that day. my head hurt terribly which is an exceptionally odd occurrence and I had "shut the [bleep] up" in red marker on my left hand. No idea how that happened.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive party mood for tomorrow (hogmanay) night. Heading to the pubs with a crowd of pals which is always good for a giggle. Sticking strictly to beer and whisky, I think.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Thinking back on this year, it's so obvious for me how much your expectations and mindset affect how drunk you get and how much fun you have. There were a few nights where I *could* drink, and so I just did, but I wasn't planning on doing anything with it. Didn't feel like going out. I drank cause it was there, and I didn't feel the affects at all.

Compare that to when my mates are going to go out, and I get a text from this really cute girl that I should come over and hang out with her and her friends. I down three beers and am psyched because I always loosen up around girls when I'm drunk and it makes things super fun. We went over there and I had a blast and was pretty darn buzzed.

I guess recently I've just had no motivation to get a buzz going.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

New Year's is coming up, which probably means a New Year's party. I'll want to go because I'll want to see a few high school friends. I'll get stuck being the designated driver once again, meaning I won't be able to drink.

I kinda enjoyed the days when I lived in a hall whose RA didn't give a shit about drinking. I actually had fun on the weekends. :\

Why not just call home and have a parent get you guys? That's what I usually do on NYE since no one wants to be the DD. Also I may be lucky since I'm 24 and my parents don't mind me calling in the middle of the night to get me, since they support the fact that I never drink and drive. Also there are no cabs in my town.

New Year's is coming up, which probably means a New Year's party. I'll want to go because I'll want to see a few high school friends. I'll get stuck being the designated driver once again, meaning I won't be able to drink.

I kinda enjoyed the days when I lived in a hall whose RA didn't give a shit about drinking. I actually had fun on the weekends. :\

Why not just call home and have a parent get you guys? That's what I usually do on NYE since no one wants to be the DD. Also I may be lucky since I'm 24 and my parents don't mind me calling in the middle of the night to get me, since they support the fact that I never drink and drive. Also there are no cabs in my town.

My parents mind, though (both that I drink and if I called them up in the middle of the night). :\

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

My parents mind, though (both that I drink and if I called them up in the middle of the night). :\

Well, you could always call a cab. Make sure you don't drive to the party either, so you won't forget and accidentally drive home.

EDIT: forgot that new years was yesterday. icon_wall.gif Well, you could always do this next time.

Well, you could always call a cab. Make sure you don't drive to the party either, so you won't forget and accidentally drive home.

EDIT: forgot that new years was yesterday. icon_wall.gif Well, you could always do this next time.

Where I live, for major things like new years there are always people who sober drive for money as well. Last year a guy who camped on my lawn made ~$300 driving people for that one night.

Mightymuddy.png

Where I live, for major things like new years there are always people who sober drive for money as well. Last year a guy who camped on my lawn made ~$300 driving people for that one night.

It's illegal to drive for money if you're not a cab driver, where I live.

• 2 weeks later...

Any tips on how to quit smoking? Are patches/gum really effective?

Patches/gum have been shown to be effective for the physical addiction, but there are some psychological addictions, such as to actually smoking something, or being in the social situation.

I've actually heard (and from personal experience) people go from a smoking addiction to a patch/gum addiction.

My parents used something called Zyban for a while which seemed to work well.

Personally i found that exercise helps a lot. After a good run/workout i usually could not smoke for quite a few hours afterwards. Just did not taste good.

Any tips on how to quit smoking? Are patches/gum really effective?

Patches/gum have been shown to be effective for the physical addiction, but there are some psychological addictions, such as to actually smoking something, or being in the social situation.

I've actually heard (and from personal experience) people go from a smoking addiction to a patch/gum addiction.

My parents used something called Zyban for a while which seemed to work well.

Personally i found that exercise helps a lot. After a good run/workout i usually could not smoke for quite a few hours afterwards. Just did not taste good.

I smoked for 18 months because I found it gave me access to bigger social groups. Every time I wouldn't get that benefit then I wouldn't smoke. Now the only time I consider touching a cigarette I'm drunk and the group I'm with is mostly smokers and nobody objects. Tempted to start pipe smoking with a group of my friends for social reasons.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I want to up it. No money, no income, no way of going places without someone being able to take me is driving me crazy.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I want to up it. No money, no income, no way of going places without someone being able to take me is driving me crazy.

Weed with no money or income? I feel sorry for you bro.

Got a new color changing bowl today. Can't wait to try it out tonight.

PM me for fitocracy invite