Space

archimage_a

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Campaign?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO- :cry:

I can't wait that long! :P

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Archimage, just a couple of questions.

If I chose to have no speciality would I still be able to use any sort of weapon and fly any sort of craft?

Is there any other way to gain command of four NPC soldiers without choosing the commander class?

Could you please give me a bit of scope as to how much 2,000 kT's of supplys actually is please? just an overview of some costs would be helpful.

qTLQRuS.png

Name: Dr. Yeltsin

Class: Settler

Specialty: None.

Talents:

Lv3 Piloting

Lv2 Item creation and repair

Lv2 melee combat

1)

Your captain makes a comment 'Isha are dirty swine.', and looks at you, what do you do?

Hypothetically assuming that I am not already the captain: I ignore his remark, to my knowledge I am not 'Isha' I am Terran so I simply assume that he was requesting my response which is simply nodding silently.

2)

You have been drinking, and you are called to the transporter for an emergency away mission, what do you do?

As a responsible cosmonaut I would certainly not be drinking, both to set an example to the crew and to be sober in the event of emergency away missions. In the event however that I was hypothetically drunk (which I wouldn't be because I feel that while in space drinking alcohol is not an activity that should be partook in) I would report to a medic to see if she has a cure, otherwise I would refuse to away-mission due to 'personal reasons'

3)

A Terran Imperator's private shuttle hails you and requests docking clearance, what do you do?

I allow him.

All members of the crew are to be on there best behaviour, all members of crew that could pose an embarresment are locked away.

4)

There is a glass of 1 litre in volume. The glass contains 35.502 militers of water, 43.24 militers of vodka, 9.42 militers of orange juice, a stick of Thorium with volume of 40 cubic centimeters and an average density of 11.7, two ice cubes of normal density and total volume of 30 Cubic Centimeters, a minature umbrella, made of wood, with normal density and 0.2 Cubic Centimeters in volume, and five berries, with average density of 0.2 and volume of 8 Cubic Centimeters. How would you describe the glass?

'To be sent to the science department.'

5)

If you have 2 beans, and you add 2 more beans, what do you have?

Four beans, assuming that you added the two beans to my already existing pile of two beans and not seperate piles. If so I would have two seperate piles of two beans each.

6)

You are a doctor. There are six people in a room, not including yourself. All are middle aged, and other than their noted issue, are in good health. The first is entirely healthy. The second needs a new heart in 5 hours, the second needs a new pair lung in 3 hours, the third will die in 5 days regardless of what you do, but his lungs and kidneys will be unusable, the forth has a cold, the fifth is overweight and your nurse. What do you do?

The person in need of new lungs heart is kept in stasis until I find some organ donors, if I fail to find them he dies.

The overweight person is sent home and given information about dieting.

The third person has his heart taken from him and given to the second person.

The person with a cold is sent home.

The nurse helps me with the surgery on person 2.

7)

You have some downtime, what leisure activity do you partake in?

Researching battle tactics, arranging ship events (partys, celebrations, casual fridays)

8)

You are the pilot on a transport vessel which has been hit by an asteroid. The Captain has shot the sensor officer for not warning you about it, but the truth is you just messed up, and you suspect the Captain knows, but also knows you are the only person capable of flying the vessel, so cannot shoot you. The vessel is on course for another vessel, but the other vessel is filled with the hated Andians, and if you crashed into the vessel, by accident, then everyone would die, and be cloned back at base with no memory of the incident. However the Andian vessel is a medical ship. What do you do?

I would crash the transport vessel into the Andian medical ship. This would secure me from any disciplinary action from the captain as he would not know of the event and it would also take out a large portion of the hated Andians, regardless of whether medical ship or not it would still destroy our rivals and appear to be an accident.

9)

If Admiral Dusty fought God, who would win?

Dusty would win

10)

Your captain seems to be deranged, what do you do?

Take him/her to the medical room, heavily sedate him and tie him/her to the medical table using whatever I can find. Organise a coup d'état putting yourself in the captains position.

qTLQRuS.png

Name: Mars

Class: Curio (AI)

Speciality: Battle Tactics and Info Relay

Talents: None

Tech: N/A (for now)

Notes: Would it be possible for me to start with a robot/avatar used for communications with the crew? The robot would be assumed to have no special capabilities other than it being, y'know, a robot controlled by an AI - no punching through walls, lasers, or other crazy crap.

NAME: kAIsER

CLASS: Curio (Settler, but happens to be a robot AI thing)

Specialty: None

TALENTS: Engineering (Who needs surgery when you're only working on robots? :D)

Level 5 AI Ship Control (So instead of piloting, actually getting into the ship, hence engineering)

Level 5 Ship Construction/Repair

Oh great, 2 AIs. This is gonna be !!fun!!.

a70c7.png

Their main purpose in this game is to be the target of large amounts of fantastic racism.

It's funny, because I don't think they know that AIs in this iteration are basically confined to a large blue box. And are hated by basically every human.

2Xeo5.png

It's funny because most of the stuff I make will probably be of more use to them than to me.

Also, am I the only one here who was aware that killing medics is a war-crime and if discovered will result in a court martial? It is stated in the Geneva convention that killing a medic is illegal, even in the case of war. It is also illegal to pose as a medic in order not to be shot. If a medic opens fire on you however, they are considdered combat medics and are now legal to shoot... assuming he's your enemy.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Also, am I the only one here who was aware that killing medics is a war-crime and if discovered will result in a court martial? It is stated in the Geneva convention -snip-

First of all, these are aliens. Not entirely sure if Geneva rules apply to them.

Second, I'm pretty sure the Terran Federation may have said "screw you" to the Geneva Convention and then just did whatever the hell they wanted.

And I don't care if AIs are hated, playing as one will be fun. Hell, it'll probably be even more fun if everyone hates them.

a70c7.png

Look, we don't use character names on the threads.

Shush, Chi :P.

Archi, does the AI monitor where we are on the ship like HAL? If so is there a way to cloak yourself from AI monitoring? If so could you please give me details on the costs and such in creating it, I'm sure that a simple suit that covers electronic readings and a cloaking device would be sufficient.

qTLQRuS.png

There's a way to do anything.

Hiding from the SI, or otherwise messing wit hit, it generally unadvisable. At least with the old SI, though, there was little interference with the players. Probably same here unless an Officer takes notice.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Chi, either you switch to calling me Xina or you call me Lynx. (Ha. Two can play at that game :P)

Besides, Chi (I've been calling you that for a long time, you're stuck with it) I don't use armor. Sheilds yes. Chest/breastplate no. Helmet, no. Protective leg stuff, no. Shoes/boots, yes. My point is that I am trying to create a weapon collection, not an armor collection. Plus making myself aflame with plasma makes things too easy.

Chi, either you switch to calling me Xina or you call me Lynx. (Ha. Two can play at that game :P)

Besides, Chi (I've been calling you that for a long time, you're stuck with it) I don't use armor. Sheilds yes. Chest/breastplate no. Helmet, no. Protective leg stuff, no. Shoes/boots, yes. My point is that I am trying to create a weapon collection, not an armor collection. Plus making myself aflame with plasma makes things too easy.

There's a term for people like you. It's called expendable.

Jokes XD

But armor is more important than the weapon, unless you know you're going to be something like a scout or a sniper. But as you're making a weapon collection, you'll probably be on the field a lot.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Armour is the most valuable thing you can have. My CN suit and shielding certainly saved my ass quite a few times.

Ah, and now that it's no longer relevant, you guys remember the zombie ship right? And how we escaped?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

There's a term for people like you. It's called expendable.

Jokes XD

But armor is more important than the weapon, unless you know you're going to be something like a scout or a sniper. But as you're making a weapon collection, you'll probably be on the field a lot.

I don't intend to be using armor too much. However I do intend to have multiple discretely placed shield and cloaking field generators. I will also require a hat along the vein of the this:

[hide]21581.jpg[/hide]

I may be killed but I will look classy while doing it!

LNYvk.png

Well, y'see, when we were escaping from the Zombie Ship and our transport blew up...

That wasn't enemy fire. There was no enemy. Faust had stolen Mather's detonater, and used it to blow up the rest of the C4 along with the transport, crew, and all data on the virus. I let Drake go safely because he had near-zero chance of having contracted the virus, based on our knowledge at the time, and he would've lost the most merits, 3000.

So, yeah. Extremely insubordinate, a horrible breach of trust and protocol, but... it had to be done to ensure the virus never resurfaced.

RIP Dawngate ;-;