Space

archimage_a

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Campaign?

Let's review, in roleplay terms. We shouldn't really be voting on any other basis.

Mather: Servile, adheres to protocol over orders. Researcher. Possible colony manager.

Nex Disqualified

SI: Actions by consensus, omnipotent, exploitable. AI. Possible management/captaincy.

Lynx Removed by request

Resistance: Strict, lacks empathy. Settler. Possible management/captaincy.

Stork: Practical, belligerent. AI. Possible captaincy.

Grim: Possibly insane, potentially volatile. Researcher. Unsuitable for management

Ico: Moderate, practical. Settler. Ideal colony manager.

Ross Disqualified

Earth: Apathetic, possibly insane. Engineer. Unsuitable for management.

Retech: Practical, nondescript, loyalist. AI. Recommended captaincy.

Nero: Loyalist, potentially volatile, dangerous to superiors. Tactical. Possible captaincy.

Mask: Possibly delusional, uncaring. Medic. Unsuitable for management.

Paul Psyche evaluation unavailable

Drake Psyche evaluation unavailable

So, options are:

Colony Manager: Mather, SI, Resistance, Ico.

Captaincy: SI, Resistance, Stork, Retech, Nero

Remembering that WE SHOULDN'T BE MAKING DECISIONS BASED ON LAST GAME, I would vote Ico for Colony Manager because he can be trusted to do what's best for the people, Retech for Captain because he can be trusted to make intelligent and practical decisions, and SI for Captain because we don't want to be potentially made helpless by an abusive commander. I think Dusty should be First Officer under SI, with no more vote than the rest of us but command unless outvoted by the majority. Resistance could potentially act as Retech's First Officer, with command if Retech is not present.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY final votes: SI, Retech, Ico. And that is FINAL, mind.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

It's funny because the second I am taken out of the equation everyone is clueless as to who should be captain.

I can't really be captain because I am a psion, and psions are viewed as untrustworthy and evil.

2Xeo5.png

I only voted for SI in the first place cause Archi seemed the best choice, but then I remembered a few things. 1, Archi perhaps makes a better advisor, like in the old Space. 2, An AI captain also doesn't make sense in a world where humans are the only ones viewed as good. By the Terran of course. 3, SI is exploitable, as said by Nex, and thus anyone could get their way.

If SI was a human though, I'd probably pick him hands down.

I personally feel Nero would make a good captain, he has captain qualities. He also singlehandedly put us into submission, which means he's good in a pinch, another good quality.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Dusty should not be first-in-command, not just due to his previous gameplay (and all other games he has played) but also because of his answers for the survey. If you want someone trustable, choose me, you know I don't lie or act selfishly and I am also one of the few who act moraly.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

And I almost subdued Nero singlehandedly, but we decided that I would probably kill myself too and he let me go.

Honestly, though, I had the means and the intent to literally rip his ship in half and detonate the core reactor to take out the drones. I'm pretty sure that's one reason the Terrans aren't fond of Psions. :D

RIP Dawngate ;-;

But I've mutined against all running captains

Jeremiah was co-captain at the time, and I did it by knocking him out and then I blew up an enemy ship.

Jeremiah was captain this time, but it failed due to his totalitarian nature

Nex was captain, and I removed his voicebox and he could no longer issue orders.

What I'm trying to say is, the fact you mutinied and almost suceeded doesn't mean he was a bad captain..

Also Nero was good in my opinion cause he was strict, yet he let people do what they wanted. He made sure they were doing their part for the ship.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Hence why I want Nero as Captain under SI. 'Cause he was a good commander, but I don't want him to do something utterly unacceptable without us being able to do anything.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Dusty should not be first-in-command, not just due to his previous gameplay (and all other games he has played) but also because of his answers for the survey. If you want someone trustable, choose me, you know I don't lie or act selfishly and I am also one of the few who act moraly.

Leading people requires you to lie sometimes, and act selfishly for your crew's self-interest. Morality, however, has nothing to do with whether or not somebody is fit to lead.

Anyways, this is what my characters usually end up being RP'd as: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucius_Cornelius_Sulla

The first session is tomorrow, correct?

I am also devising a method of resource distribution to be used (if I am elected) on ship 2. It will encourage growth and investment in the ship, but give everyone their fair wages for their personal use.

It will also allow people to use their resources that they own even when I am not around.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

The hell is everyone voting for Nero now? He can be leader, but if we vote for SI then he won't control us against our will.

And you realize that a vote for yourself is not counted, Nero.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The hell is everyone voting for Nero now? He can be leader, but if we vote for SI then he won't control us against our will.

And you realize that a vote for yourself is not counted, Nero.

Because everyone realizes that having a democracy doesn't work when half the ship's crew is bat[cabbage] insane.

Yes but you need to vote in all of the polls if you want to vote in one.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you're doing it because people don't want to make a worthless vote, and they probably won't click to see who voted for who before changing to the leader.

That and you don't want to support an opponent.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'm going out on a limb and assuming that it's fun to try and cast you in a bad light. :P

You're a good leader, but you're also the kind of leader who would genocide an entire species for looking at you funny. Hence the need for a higher authority.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I dunno. Nero makes a pretty good captain, since he actually understands what that position entails.

It does not entail making all of the crew happy, all of the time, as a rule. It entails making the decisions which have the highest chance to benefit the ship as an entity and the federation above it REGARDLESS of whether some crewmembers disagree with it.

Point is, being able to make people see your side of the story.

2Xeo5.png

You're a good leader, but you're also the kind of leader who would genocide an entire species for looking at you funny. Hence the need for a higher authority.

No I wouldn't. I would genocide an entire species if they wanted to genocide my entire species.

The universal cycle of genocide. :)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

No I wouldn't. I would genocide an entire species if they wanted to genocide my entire species.

And just by chance looked at Nero in a funny way.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

:lol:

Honestly I don't mind this all that much. So long as Retech is one of the Captains, and Ico the colony manager. Equal votes would make SI a separate entity as well, I imagine, I don't want anyone lording over him this time, fun as it was for me.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

He was also the person to shoot first then ask the questions... when interrogating his own crew. He did that to me.

Because it was an easy solution. And you lost no experience/merit/anything.

I also apologized to you for that, but okay you can have your chippy shoulder.

Also, everyone shot you last game Mather. Hell, when I blew up that transport of ours, I got 10 merits because you were caught in the blast.

RIP Dawngate ;-;