Space

archimage_a

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Campaign?

Assuming there isn't already a Captain, Jeremiah is the only viable individual.

Dusty too, probably, but if he ruins this, again, I am going to have a [bleep]ing seizure. <_<

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way Dusty's going to get the title, he's too destructive to even be eligeble for considderation.

Out of those who have held the title, Ross and Retech are the only ones who have the qualities a captain should have. Though I think we should go with a council as well, so that everything is taken into considderation before a major decision is made.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

At most, we should have an acting captain for emergencies.

Ultimately, I don't feel comfortable with anyone holding supreme power for any long period of time, and only comfortable with Jeremiah for a short period of time.

Honestly, I would make a bad captain, because I just crunch numbers. I don't possess any adaptive or reactive traits that make for a good captain, so at most I could be an economic adviser.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I'll be running my own colony most of the time.

I may make a small sqaudron of ships, but I mainly serve under colonisation and as we start off with two ships.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Mather, no one listened to you because no one trusted you in the last game. I'M forgetting what happened last game, I think we ALL should.

And Dusty wasn't destructive until he went into whiny-brat-bullying-the-mod mode because he couldn't be Captain. Well, and there's the fact that he always roleplays the brute force fantastic racism uber nationalist type.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8OpsPok6iQ

As Terrans it is our destiny to explore, only held back by our imagination and the sweat of our brow.

In 1961 we knew that nothing was going to hold us back, we were determined to explore and with only basic technology we begun our ascent into heaven. Those two hundred and eighty one years ago we made a descision and we haven't turned back since.

Because as terrans we can reach any star, any planet, any point. Through the darkest days, through the wind and the rain we will suceed

GLORY TO THE TERRANS!!

GLORY IN DEATH AND ALWAYS!!

FOR IF GOD STANDS IN OUR WAY HE SHALL BE DESTROYED!!

If destruction is the path to glory then let the blood of a thousand planets wash our ship and the screams of the dead sound through the galaxy, let them know that the Terrans shall never surrender.

FOR GLORY!!

--

I would like to be captain.

qTLQRuS.png

I propose that either Dusty or some other neutral individual be captain, for what it's worth I have a rank in piloting as well as the capability to create a 5th level ship weapon (that is useful for orbital bombardment (at least on microcosm)). If we cannot agree on who's captain I propose we set up a counsel of three crewmembers who will act as the governing body (and hopefully not able to agree in the least bit), composed of the oldest tavern members who can actually play the game.

LNYvk.png

Meh. I'll jsut be the repair junky, and if any of you ruin my ships i swear i'm going to murder you horribly.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

A poll has been posted.

There are 3 positions avalible.

Captainacy of Ship 1

Captainacy of Ship 2

And Colonial Controller

All come with 25,000 kT of resources, which you can spend any way you like.

However only 2 ships may be purchased to start with.

Poll will close next saturday.

25,000 kT will be kept in reserve, and only be released with the agreement of all three.

Votes for yourself with not be counted, and votes for the SI are votes for collective decision making, where everyone has 1 vote and there must be 4 votes to do anything with the 25,000 kT.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Meh. I'll jsut be the repair junky, and if any of you ruin my ships i swear i'm going to murder you horribly.

I was hoping to do the same, but with people instead of ships.

On that thought, murdering people if they screw themselves up sort of eliminates the point, so maybe not exactly the same... :razz:

Thinking of an idea for a curio. Cybernetically enhanced human? Perhaps with robotic limbs/brain implants of some kind? Leading to a slow conversion to a fully artificial being? Bonus could be a small number of talent ranks to spend on anything. As it is there are too many researchers.

Mather, no one listened to you because no one trusted you in the last game. I'M forgetting what happened last game, I think we ALL should.

And Dusty wasn't destructive until he went into whiny-brat-bullying-the-mod mode because he couldn't be Captain. Well, and there's the fact that he always roleplays the brute force fantastic racism uber nationalist type.

Lol. I got on one session and was just [bleep]ing around.

Anyways, yes, I generally play the extreme over the top authoritarian type. I'm more of a Cato than a Crassus in real life though.

To anybody that has voted SI,

Please reconsider your choice, there are a majority of issues that could occur when it only takes four out of thirteen people to vote on an issue. It makes corruptability easy and trusting an AI to do jobs isn't one that I would favour.

Please vote me if you want to be listened to but also want to security of having one neutral leader. I'm sure that voting for me would also reap certain benefits, regardless if I suceed in becoming captain or not.

qTLQRuS.png

@Icu and Nex: I dislike wearing armor. The problem is that if I had armor, I'd have to take it off when we're not fighting, put it back on for a fight against whatever, take it off... get the picture? Also, I'd have to make repairs, adjustments, and clean the armor so it doesn't rust or anything. See, it's too much of a waste or time. A sheild and plasma-proof gloves would work just fine.

@Chi: Well that was BEFORE Lee went insane and Faust wiped her mind (Faust wouldn't let her be used for experimentation or let her have a elaborate death plan. Lee was becoming a P.I.T.A. to play). I still wish for Lee to be destroyed before someone (Archi) decides to bring her back and be evil or something. In fact, all the old characters that are not being used now should be destroyed/sucked into a black hole to never be seen again/something so we don't have to deal with them ever again.

@Nex: I'M also going to forget what happened with the last space.

@Everyone: APPOINTING ME AS CAPTAIN OR ACTING CAPTAIN IS ABSOLUTLY FORBBIDEN

By the way, I watched Tron Legacy last night and thought (besides the fact of how awsome it was on the giant tv) we could possibly make a version of some of the weapons, like the disk, and use them. And maybe use the motorcycles too for terran expiditions or something (or just to have fun XD). All, of course shouldn't be able to desitigrate into a bunch of tiny cubes (pixles).

I don't understand something. With these different ships, are their resources shared between the fleet/colony or are they separated according to the ship and then traded/shared when another ship really needs it?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

we could possibly make a version of some of the weapons, like the disk, and use them. And maybe use the motorcycles too for terran expiditions or something.

If you vote me as captain of one of the ships I would be willing to fund a portion of money towards that. Infact as captain I would make research my number one priority, because I know that with strong foundations you will create strong buildings.

qTLQRuS.png

Money is useless for anything but trade.

We need a captain with experience, one that we know can't be corrupted. That's why I voted for Retech.

Honestly I am that kind of guy as well, but I know I'll never become captain unless I perform a coup.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Money is useless for anything but trade.

We need a captain with experience, one that we know can't be corrupted. That's why I voted for Retech.

Honestly I am that kind of guy as well, but I know I'll never become captain unless I perform a coup.

I meant kT of resources.

There is a first time for everything, I think you'll find that a person with experience isn't always the best to lead as they seem to always make assumptions. If you want to test this out close your eyes and walk up the stairs quickly, watch what happens on the last step. Its human nature.

If you want somebody you can trust then you can vote for me.

qTLQRuS.png

Yeah, you have a good point Lynx.

Lynx, Nex was the one who killed everyone except Drake and Jeremiah during your first mission. Also during the first or second session he brought the AI into an error state and stole a shuttle. He's too dangerous and unstable.

Res, *cough* threatening an ally *cough*.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Retech inccoruptable?.. ... Very wrong.

I voted for the SI, because we always have to arge this way, although i'd be more than happy if it was based on numbers.. Say, 3 people show up for a session, only 2 have to vote for something to go through, and as the nmbers go up so do the peoplehaving to vote.. And I don't trust you yet, Resistance, simply because you haven't played a tavern game yet... Well, one like this.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I am extremely corruptable, but I always do things for the benefit of the ship.

The way that I govern is quite simple. I mainly work the economy, making sure our ship has enough resources to keep trucking. Everytime that I have captained, I ask input with everyone before I proceed and talk with everyone, because I don't believe that the captain should have ultimate power to rule a ship. A captain is there to move things along when there is deadlock, to move the ship left or right when an asteroid is flying towards it and the crew is deadlocked.