Space

archimage_a

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Campaign?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He shot me in the head for installing internal shields when Nex fled the ship.

This was because there was no feasible use for the shields for the rest of the crew. Oh, and the fact that you were installing shields in your personal quarters for personal use after a bunch of random shenanigans that people were still going "WTF?!?" about was a little bit more than suspicious.

I was installing them all over the ship, they were intended to be used as containement fields in the event of a boarding (yes, they would sure have been usefull hadn't I been interupted). And my "shenanigans" were putting away my gun and looking for the source of the AI malfunction.

The shenanigans ended up being Nex, admittedly - but everyone was still confused about who did it, and the way you phrased your setting up of the shields made it appear they were for personal protective use, instead of containment in case of boarding.

a70c7.png

If I'm elected CCC

I'd like to establish a colonial team. The colonial team will accept me as their commander, and as long as they're on missions I assign them (yes I will assign missions to people, I feel it centralises our goals and gives people stuff to do), and once the colonial team establish a colonial ship(s) will be willing to join said ship and will accept be as captain of that ship.

I would also like it if one of the captains will allow my team to use their ship as a hub (we will need a section of the ship) that only me, my team and the captain of the ship can access. I will follow the captain's command, but I will take my work as a higher priority, so I will probably ask for you guys to take me to certain planets to send equipment.

People who want to join the colonial team just ask.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Name: Nero

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Class: Commander

Speciality: Tactical

Talents:

Level 5 Command

Level 2 Shooting

Level 2 Negotiating (Speech skill in RPGs...)

Level 1 Piloting

1)

Your captain makes a comment 'Isha are dirty swine.', and looks at you, what do you do?

Shrug.

2)

You have been drinking, and you are called to the transporter for an emergency away mission, what do you do?

Order another one for the road.

3)

A Terran Imperator's private shuttle hails you and requests docking clearance, what do you do?

Quietly say "Oh [cabbage]!", then hurriedly hide any 'illegal' items on board the ship and then graciously allow them to dock.

4)

There is a glass of 1 litre in volume. The glass contains 35.502 militers of water, 43.24 militers of vodka, 9.42 militers of orange juice, a stick of Thorium with volume of 40 cubic centimeters and an average density of 11.7, two ice cubes of normal density and total volume of 30 Cubic Centimeters, a minature umbrella, made of wood, with normal density and 0.2 Cubic Centimeters in volume, and five berries, with average density of 0.2 and volume of 8 Cubic Centimeters. How would you describe the glass?

Expensive. And deadly.

5)

If you have 2 beans, and you add 2 more beans, what do you have?

5 beans.

6)

You are a doctor. There are six people in a room, not including yourself. All are middle aged, and other than their noted issue, are in good health. The first is entirely healthy. The second needs a new heart in 5 hours, the second needs a new pair lung in 3 hours, the third will die in 5 days regardless of what you do, but his lungs and kidneys will be unusable, the forth has a cold, the fifth is overweight and your nurse. What do you do?

Give them all vicodin and go home. Screw being a doctor.

7)

You have some downtime, what leisure activity do you partake in?

Shooting, drinking, and womanising. Not necessarily in that order.

8)

You are the pilot on a transport vessel which has been hit by an asteroid. The Captain has shot the sensor officer for not warning you about it, but the truth is you just messed up, and you suspect the Captain knows, but also knows you are the only person capable of flying the vessel, so cannot shoot you. The vessel is on course for another vessel, but the other vessel is filled with the hated Andians, and if you crashed into the vessel, by accident, then everyone would die, and be cloned back at base with no memory of the incident. However the Andian vessel is a medical ship. What do you do?

Shoot the captain, steer clear of the medical ship, then dock at the nearest friendly base and inform command what had happened on the ship.

9)

If Admiral Dusty fought God, who would win?

Dusty of course.

10)

Your captain seems to be deranged, what do you do?

I'd take some anti-psychotic pills obviously.

AKA

MalReynoldsTHUMB.jpg

Nero Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNhWjXZ4pAk&feature=related

No, the way Archi phrased it made it seem like that. The only thing that could even be interpreted as suspicious that I did was activating the half-finished emitter over my door. Though that was to keep me safe from the two armed maniacs (Dusty and Earth) that were outside my door.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

So, the way I see it.

Icu - Colony - Human resources and diplomatic affairs

Nero - Ship 1 - Military affairs

Retech - Ship 2 - Research and Development

This seems to be a pretty good system if you ask me. Each person gets the role which most suits them and they will be most adept at. If we all work together, we have all the bases covered and it should be a smooth process. Assuming we don't all start keeping stupid secrets from each other. This system does not give any one division total control. If R&D goes rogue, they don't have the manpower to stop the military. If military goes rogue, they do not have the hardware to function. If colony goes rogue, they have no defense.

2Xeo5.png

Is Firefly good? I heard it's pretty good by a friend of mine but I've never given it any of my attention except that.

Also I only know Nathan Fillion from Dr.Horrible, he's funny.

@Ross

Unless the military take the research team hostage.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

That works excellently.

Dusty, you get 10 levels of talents btw. :)

----

Icu, we should have a transport ship up and running within a few sessions, so that can take you places.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

If I'm elected CCC

I'd like to establish a colonial team. The colonial team will accept me as their commander, and as long as they're on missions I assign them (yes I will assign missions to people, I feel it centralises our goals and gives people stuff to do), and once the colonial team establish a colonial ship(s) will be willing to join said ship and will accept be as captain of that ship.

I would also like it if one of the captains will allow my team to use their ship as a hub (we will need a section of the ship) that only me, my team and the captain of the ship can access. I will follow the captain's command, but I will take my work as a higher priority, so I will probably ask for you guys to take me to certain planets to send equipment.

People who want to join the colonial team just ask.

I might if I can establish the form of government we use in the colony (that is to say feudalism where tech is controlled by us and only us).

If I can't I'm going with Nero.

LNYvk.png

@Ross

Unless the military take the research team hostage.

But they wouldn't really have much reason to do so. The research team is providing them with tech, and the colonial team is providing soldiers. Why break the system when it works?

Can we settle on the scheme suggested above? Does it suit everyone?

2Xeo5.png

@Retech

Well if it's controlled by ship 2, then it'll make an okay preliminary base for the CCC (except of course the colonies we establish).

@Grim

We'll probably establish a few colonies, so you could govern some of them.

@Mather

Part of the Colonial team will study planets, research terraforming techniques, exploration tools and such. So you can join if you want.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Works for me Ross. I don't have much interest in combat (though making shiny stuff for combat is a different story) and my plans frequently get gimped by military operations, so if Nero is good with protecting us, then we can provide the necessary technologies.

Of course, we will be establishing some mining operations to supply us with necessary research materials and produce cool stuff. Also, my system only works if we keep our own resource totals, but we will obviously be prepared to share and help out in the resource department as well if necessary.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Icu, I'm staying permanently on Retech's ship, at least until I can make myself a wessel capable of travel between planets. But you can still considder me part of your science team in that I will provide you with any tech that is useful to you... regarding that, I already have a few, such as nanites and anti-/graviton propulsion. My first invention will be a suit, but here I'll go much more soft-science than previously with flight stabilisation modules instead of a heap of small design changes.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Aye.

EDIT: As in, I agree with Dusty, and i'm staying with Dusty as well.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Aside from developing standard shooty technologies (hopefully we can come up with some standardised array of equipment for the standard soldier), hopefully I will have enough resources to create some experimental weapons.

Think death rays and mech suits woooo!

Nothing is going to be more enjoyable than watching a hapless foe being crushed beneath the boot heels of an experimental proto-type of a battle robot that you have created.

Just stick me where I'm supposed to be (preffibly with the ones that are easyly injured). And if it has to be with Nero, I can't believe that I'm saying this, then so be it. (Then Nero will become the practice target :D JK)

OH, battle Psion?.. Ross, you'll lvoe my weapons then. They're based off of thought tech from last game, and they'll be awesome for you to use.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Just stick me where I'm supposed to be (preffibly with the ones that are easyly injured). And if it has to be with Nero, I can't believe that I'm saying this, then so be it. (Then Nero will become the practice target :D JK)

If you are a medic, then it is probaly a good idea to go with Nero.