Nomad's Requiem

Ezkaton

Personally I think that Nomad's is going to be a waste of my time and millions of GP but a friend is pushing and pushing me to do it and yeah thought I would come here for some help and advice.

My stats:

Ezkaton.png

Yeah I know I need another construction and 5 hunter levels which in all honesty I CBA to get as I don't know the best place/how long it'll take for me to get hunter (any answers for this?).

But lets say by some miracle I get the stats for the quest what do I do when I hit nomad because personally I really can't be assed to waste overloads, brews, restores and more money on just failing time and time again on him. And due to my laptop being very laggy my friend has offered for me to do it at his when I go up to York next, but by that point I'll be 99 slayer.... So again I really really don't see the point in me bothering to waste millions of GP, many potions, Overloads and time for something that I probably wont be able to have til 99 slayer.

So forgive me for being so pessimistic, but what on earth can I do to kill Nomad?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I personally found that soulsplit alone made Nomad a joke.

The biggest problem is saradomin brews reducing your damage output.

That really doesn't make nearly as much a difference with soul split.

A chaotic rapier would also help, but I personally did Nomad with a good 20+ saradomin brews to spare with a zamorakian spear and soulsplit.

That after I died 2 times to Nomad because I didn't use soul split.

I think you are overestimating Nomad. You should be fine.

Naaxi.png

I personally found that soulsplit alone made Nomad a joke.

The biggest problem is saradomin brews reducing your damage output.

That really doesn't make nearly as much a difference with soul split.

A chaotic rapier would also help, but I personally did Nomad with a good 20+ saradomin brews to spare with a zamorakian spear and soulsplit.

That after I died 2 times to Nomad because I didn't use soul split.

I think you are overestimating Nomad. You should be fine.

I think this sums it up.

Here is my minimalistic setup I used to finish him:

Equipped: Neits charged with kyatt scrolls, black d'hide (Karil's is better ofc but Nomad destroys (you have to repair it again) if he kills you), ranger boots, rune x'bow, ruby bolts (e), zammy book and ava thingy.

Invent: 3'ish range pots, 4-5'ish super restore pots, kyatt pouch, good spec weapon (bgs, claws, ...),rest sara brews + a tort filled with sara brews

Battle:

Constantly pray eagle eye.

mines: run out of them (while avoiding running on them)

double team: Hide behind a pillar until he's alone again. This is a good moment to heal and repot! Throw away empty vials and get new ones from your tort/yack/... and when he's empty get out the kyatt.

Charge attack: Stop attacking with ruby(e) and heal with sara pots until you're above your max and get hit by a hit which is 80'ish% of your full health.

Repeat until he goes berserk.

When he goes into berserk: Swap to your spec weapon and spec and keep melee'ing him (I used a whip but I'm just poor :razz: ). Constantly pray piety here.

I hope that helped.

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg

Random melee gear with magic defence (void), soul split, turmoil, bring a yak then an iron titan.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

When he charges you could hide behind the pillars? that what i did when i had nomad.... then you won't get hit for 750s...

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Yeah, I think that you're being way too pessimistic. It took me quite a few tries, but that was the first day it was out. Now there are countless guides and hints available.

If I possibly could, I'd actually love to try it again. Knowing what I know now I think it would be a much easier fight.

It's all about learning his pattern. Do a few suicide runs to learn his pattern, then gear up for a real attempt. I did fine with a whip/melee gear. I used a tort filled with brews, and when it was empty I brought out a kyatt. Definitly get the kyatt, his spec will help you immensely. Also, claws are a good investment. Bring a ranged weapon for a little more damage when he freezes you.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

To be honest if you have any plans to get a chaotic soon, you should get that and just melee him IMO. I failed 7 times ranging, then beat him my first try meleeing at 90ish melee stats. My setup was this:

(invo/tort)

1 overload

32 brews

8 restores

Veracs Brassy and Skirt

BGS

Kyatt

Ambush Scrolls

(gear)

Fighter hat (or neitz)

glory

dhide body

dhide legs

d boots

barrows gloves

explorer ring

dragon defender

chaotic rapier (longsword will also work according to my friend who used a similar method to this)

Obviously since you have turm/SS you won't need as much healing as I did. Basically I overloaded before I went down into the boss room. I go in and start the fight. Run behind the pillar (carefully cause of mines) when he charges his 750 attack. I personally hid when he had clones, but you can do darts to make the fight go faster if you want, but I liked the little break I had if I needed to drink another dose of overload, it gave me time to heal. When he hit the berserk stage, I switch to verac and brought out kyatt and just tanked him. Took very little damage in the veracs in comparison to in the dhide.

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

With stats like yours Nomad should be a cakewalk. First try used zspear, black dhide, extreme att and str, 4 brews, 2 super restores, invo and yak full of rocktails. Watched for the special attacks, used the brews when froze and didnt bother ranging. Finished with 12 rocktails left on my first try, with a chaotic and overloads would be even easier.

chaosoffar.png