Beware! Youtube scam going on

runevirage

Someone is spamming popular youtube videos with a link to this video about someone giving away 800M in Runescape:

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IN THE DESCRIPTION: http://www.youtube.com//watch?v=sH6TK_kT1po

In the video description he links to a forum thread that is supposedly on RSOF and tells you to "post a joke" there, with the funniest joke winning. It doesn't link to RSOF however (it links to a login page that looks similar to the official one). If you check the Web of Trust (WOT) information:

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/runecapeservices.t35.com

His link is actually part of the t35.com subdomain, which is known for malware and identity theft according to WOT.

I've seen these links on multiple vids so I'm just warning you scapers out there to not fall for this scam. Also if there is any way to report this player to Jagex please do so.

since the free trade update our clan channel (The Slayers guild) kept getting spammed to join vainpvp 1.5b drop party or stuff like that everydays by different people it was getting horrible....Sadly anyone going there almost deserves it :x

Karateka.pngsigtsg99rscaz7.png

Its pathetic what lengths people go trough to scam.

Can't they earn their gp's honost? its not that hard..

the only reason scams ever work is because people get greedy, and look to earn easy gp through any means necessary

the only reason scams ever work is because people get greedy, and look to earn easy gp through any means necessary

Indeed, greed is one of the biggest flaws of the average player.

It's always good to remember to check any and all links before going places (some have miss-spellings looking like the real thing), and only enter your RuneScape user and password on RuneScape's official site.

You don't need to check other sites to see if someone may or may not be legit as you can tell by the green Jagex bar that appears next to the web address. No green bar equals scam.

loginat.png

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

yeah, if you see a video caliming free rs money, its usualy a scam unless its a drop party announcement or something.

ot: i did once enter a funniest joke thread and won... 200k XD

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I wonder how many runescape nerds will be sent to jail (through anti phishing laws) before they get the hint. More then one has been prosecuted already

Have people spent time in jail for hacking RuneScape accounts? :o

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I wonder how many runescape nerds will be sent to jail (through anti phishing laws) before they get the hint. More then one has been prosecuted already

Have people spent time in jail for hacking RuneScape accounts? :o

Any kind of phishing is illegal and can carry criminal charges.

In New York for example:

§ 156.05 Unauthorized use of a computer.

A person is guilty of unauthorized use of a computer when he or she

knowingly uses, causes to be used, or accesses a computer, computer

service, or computer network without authorization.

Unauthorized use of a computer is a class A misdemeanor.

A Class A misdemeanor carries a jail sentence of up to a year.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Left a comment warning people on that video, guy messaged me saying I shouldn't bother warning people, I replied saying I didn't care and then got this back:

I'm not sure what has happened but my youtube was hacked and someone uploaded a video, ive removed it now thanks for messaging me i got it though my email

Looks like that's one less youtube scam going on. xD

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]