DragnFly

How many RuneScape originals from 2001 are still here?

Fall 2001'er present! :)

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

Been playing since 02 classic i beleive :]

Jddogg Still here :]

Just came back actually.

I've been playing runescape for a real long time.

when i first started playing it was for sure around then not sure on an exact date

but there were only 2 servers(worlds) at the time and the highscores consisted of only the players that

were currently online showing the #1 player of each skill i believe

i've been on an off ever since then

Tripler_4.png

*Pokes zargo for fun just cuz she can do so*

July/August 01 for me.

Been there done that and i do have the t shirt (well a runefest tee shift anyway heh) :mrgreen:

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

*Pokes zargo for fun just cuz she can do so*

July/August 01 for me.

Been there done that and i do have the t shirt (well a runefest tee shift anyway heh) :mrgreen:

Hai there <3:

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

I started in September 2004 :D

About 9 months after the releasing of RS2 and Runecrafting skill.

EDIT: It's kinda strange, my registration in tip.it was in Dec 2005, and my first post was just this one :o

is your name on this list?

if not,

cabbage off

That's not really fair since it doesn't contain ALL of the ones who started in 2001. So I won't cabbage off thanks. ;-)

Ancient tip-it'er/lurker (2002ish) and even older RSC'er (sometime in 2001, I remember picking warrior class and having my wooden shield and bronze sword!) I recently came back for the 10,001st time I figured I'd re-register since I lost my old account from '05 centuries ago... What do I find? A thread for long time addicts! I mean players! Yes players.

Quite nice being able to see a few names from the old high scores and ones thrown around in bank chatter (old Seer's Bank <3: ) after 10 years. Did I really just say 10 years?...

... :ohnoes:

is your name on this list?

if not,

cabbage off

That's not really fair since it doesn't contain ALL of the ones who started in 2001. So I won't cabbage off thanks. ;-)

Well not only does the list not contain all of the players who started in 2001, to be honest the list does not even contain all of the players who started in the first month (January of 2001).

An example of this is the creator of this site himself, Silverion. For those not aware, he was #6 on the top 25 smiths (mining+smithing) in the original toplist dated January 21st, 2001. Now he was playing at the beginning, infact tip.it itself was created about ~2 weeks or so after the launch of runescape. Yet, hes absent from the list.

Many of the earlier players in general are no present in this list. For example: Mysticsmagic, DarkPrince, Pugxsi, & Tks are among the many earlier players who are not on it.

So I would hardly consider it a definitive list of original players.

I play since May 2001.

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

btw, i guess the list only for thier friends/whom they know.. not 100% complete

i do play since 2001 'til now and my name is not in the list..

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

haha such rage.

Theres plenty of people who deserve to be in this who weren't on the list.

i guess i should have included a winky face so as not to anger the overly sensitive masses. :P

haha such rage.

i guess i should have included a winky face so as not to anger the overly sensitive masses. :P

I can't speak for ForsakenMage, but I didn't read her reply as particularly angry. For that matter, my reply wasn't an angry one either.

While I did not take your post very seriously, I figured on this kind of post many would. The point I believe we where both attempting to make is that you simply cannot really base a description of original players off that list alone.

That list (despite its flaws, which it obviously has) only covers the first 2000 accounts. RuneScape launched on January 4th, 2001. According to the first newsletter, there was already over 28,000 accounts on January 21st, 2001.

So in the 17 days, this would average out to about 1,647 accounts created per day. In other words, the first 2000 accounts would have been created around ~30 hours hours after launch. That is a bit strict of a definition by anybodys standards really.

Hai.

312ibeq.png

Sexy huh? Even my recovery questions will be able to get the cape.

i started end or feb 2001

from 100 first players i remember talked to following ones:

Rab (still talking sometimes)

Lightning

Ashley

Zaptone Z

Magna

Rubbermaid

Robin Hood

Rattsabre

Roaddogg

Rodrigo

Hurkules

Terminator

Everdred

i never made to first 2k ppl but i was probably not too far away from it...maybe i was in first 10k

here is data from april 12th 2001 that was collected by andrew

Total accounts: 229070

Accounts advanced 5 levels or more: 223904

Accounts used for more than 1 hour: 47190

still surprised that so many was leveling up 5 levels or more because i remember there was tons of mule accounts. but accounts used for more than 1h looks about right...so only less than 50k accounts was actually bothered to play some during first 3 month of RS

I remember i started at time there was 1 world only and in peak times it showed somewhere ~100ppl online but it felt so crowded then and i could not do mining well at peak time because all mining spots was camped because basically only coal spots were varrock west and barb village rocks :P

Hai.

312ibeq.png

You know that recovery thing is a glitch in the system yeah, when something got reset? A lot of people have their recovery date set to that one, lol.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

haha such rage.

Oh no I was in good humour when I replied, don't worry! :D Nice to see you again btw. XD

Hai.

312ibeq.png

You know that recovery thing is a glitch in the system yeah, when something got reset? A lot of people have their recovery date set to that one, lol.

Both of my classic noob account have their recovery set at 28-Feb-2002. Ugh, Someone should have written this up in rswiki already!

haha such rage.

Cabbage in Cabbage out!

edit: :P

Nice to see some active '01ers im only '03 myself.

Runescape player since 6th November, 2003

pen_chef.png

pen_chef.png

flubbersig.jpg