How many RuneScape originals from 2001 are still here?

DragnFly

Been around since June 01! woop! :)

Quest Cape Achieved February 14, 2007. -Not Maintained-

1700+ Skill Total July 15, 2009

All Skills 60+ - July 26, 2009

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

Hello :)

Maybe there should be some kind of "old skool" sticky somewhere. These threads pop up about every 6 months or so and its the same few of us that reply hehe

Yeah I am aware of the past oldschool threads. Most are so vague though, that players starting in 2005-2006 get labelled "oldschool". I just do not agree with that :P

haha

But seriously, hello :)

Still here, and playing actively. I recently celebrated my 10 year anniversary in RS by doing absolutely nothing special, because I didn't realize it was my 10 years until about 30 minutes before.

Yeah the time has really flew by. In some ways, it does not seem like its been 10 years. Hell its been over 10 years now since Falador came out.

A completely random memory for you: Do you remember when J from IRC was quitting and giving away stuff via a game of hide and seek in game? I recall me, you, sir_lance and a few others were playing. I think I got like 1500 bolts and a crossbow, among maybe a few other small things.

Edit: I was getting LJ13 and Lit13 mixed. It was Lit13 who ran RuneScape 2001.

I'm still playing, I started in early summer 2001.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Not 2001, but january or february 2002 i think (don't remember).

10 years next winter, god damn.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Howdy =)

Believe I joined around August 2001, but good god I was 9 years old :o

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I started playing runescape in April of 2001. The majority of my account's stats were gained during classic; once RS2 came out I've only briefly logged in to try out the new Runecrafting and Dungeoneering skills. Though I fondly remember waking up on Dec. 1st to see that the beta of RS2 was out. It was just amazing going from classic to RS2, (or so I thought at first.) I remember the party room duping, the walking out of windmills on the second floor.. good times. Though it never came close to the tight-nit community we had back in classic.

I must have started in 2001 because I remember us playing it in the computer room in the student village in our last semester.... and I graduated in 2001. My player level doesn't really reflect how long I've been playing though as I tend to dip in and out of the game and maybe go crazy on it for a few weeks and then don't play again for a couple of months.... regardless I still stump up for P2P lol. I remember there was a section gated off by one of the banks and through it were loads of houses. When you clicked on it it said "Player houses coming soon." I remember me and my friend being convinced we'd be able to share a house and so saving up our gold ready to buy one. :oops: In reality player houses didn't come out until a good few years later. :grin:

Celticqueen.png