19 year old self-proclaimed "furry" uses Xbox Live to sexually abuse a young teenage boy

Da Pirates

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/04/self-professed-furry-charged-with-xbox-live-child-abuse/

Only reason I am posting this is because I saw this on front page of my local paper.. just so happens the guy lives in a town about 10 minutes away from me :/. At least he's behind bars, too bad that poor kid will be scared for life now. Been a while since I've been on here - how's everyone been?

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

Old news.

Well, it's the internet, [cabbage] happens.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

what's a furry?

Them folks who like funny business with the animals, you see here uhmm, with the animals.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

what's a furry?

Urban Dictionary:

n., adj. In the broadest definition, someone who finds the idea of anthropomorphic (humanlike) animals, in art, fiction, cartoons, costume, or other media, to be an appealing one. Furries are an extremely diverse group and no one furry may possess all, or any, of the traits typically associated with the group; furries can range from people who are fans of old Warner Bros. and Disney cartoons; people who enjoy portraying anthropomorphic animals in art; people who enjoy imagining what a future, past or alternative world might be like if humans were replaced with or accompanied by anthropomorphic animals; and people who like wearing costume tails, ears and/or animal mascot costumes, to those who feel spiritual connections to animals or to the animal form; those who admire the beauty, power, speed or grace of of the animal form; those who believe they have empathy with or can communicate with animals, for example people who work with them; people who have a great deal of respect for animal welfare; and people who find the concept of anthropomorphic animals enjoyable in a sexual way. (Amongst many, many other things.)

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

In the end, this is just another example of why children shouldnt be allowed free access to the internet, no matter how innocent the means of connecting may seem.

Yes, yes, 1000 times yes.

But we all know that won't happen <_<

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

what's a furry?

Them folks who like funny business with the animals, you see here uhmm, with the animals.

Information fail.

Business with an animal is beastiality.

They ONLY sexual elemental of furries is finding anthropomorphic animals enjoyable.

Anthropomorphic = human characteristics and form.

So in the case of furries this means people in animal costumes.

Oh and thou I agree with the sentiment of children need to be controlled online; its never gonna happen the internet is too widely available now and technology is still such a new feild in many ways that for the most part the childs are still > parents with it. so even if controls are in place they can bypass them through the parents failing on passcodes etc

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

What the heck? I've never heard of a furry commit sexual-related crimes. :blink:

Even then though there are far more extreme furries on the internet. Some of the most infamous furries are from the very franchise I've been a fan of a long time...

Creepy.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Upon discovering that the alleged victim was also a resident of Greece, Kretovic set up a meeting. It was during this meeting that police say he sexually abused the young boy.

Enough said. Which idiot is stupid enough to meet up with someone, who, probably sounds a lot older, and you met online.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

I feel kind of wrong laughing at this story, but just seeing the face of the man behind bars I knew he was a creep. Seriously though, what does his being a furry have to do with the story? The homosexual part is what should have been accentuated because that's the only reason he abused that underage boy, it wasn't because the boy was in a fur suit. As a journalist myself, I don't see the relevance of that point nor why it is the headline instead of something along the lines of "Man charged with sexually abusing 13 year old boy".

Otherwise, I wonder where the parents of the boy were at. On every social networking site I've ever been on, on every PSA about the internet they play on TV they always say "Never meet someone in person that you have talked to on the internet, you never know who he/she/it could be".

Otherwise, another creep put behind bars. I'm glad. Too bad the boy will never be the same.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

As a journalist myself, I don't see the relevance of that point nor why it is the headline instead of something along the lines of "Man charged with sexually abusing 13 year old boy".

As a journalist with integrity, you mean.

As a business who wants to pump up the page views, it's completely relevant. Furries are a 'culture' that's very misunderstood and gets a bad label that's largely undeserved...but it's stories like this that fuel the flames and keep the dramatimes goin'.

hzvjpwS.gif

Meh, I blame the kid. They put warnings on games for a reason, and, iirc, they've had a 'do not share sensitive/personal information during online play' warning on every game since 2007. If kids are too dumb to follow these warnings, then there's no real hope for them, is there?

div>

Meh, I blame the kid. They put warnings on games for a reason, and, iirc, they've had a 'do not share sensitive/personal information during online play' warning on every game since 2007. If kids are too dumb to follow these warnings, then there's no real hope for them, is there?

I'm kinda wondering this myself. I mean, the story is sad and all and if it wasn't this kid, it would have most likely been another. But with that aside, are kids really so stupid these days?

Now, i've always grown up to be a skeptical person. I always think the worst case scenario, and always think things through twice. So what I'm wondering is that the way kids are supposed to be? Or is that just me?

I think kids should at least have some common sense when it comes to people online since the internet is too widely available to block them from it all together. He had to have at least seen a picture of the guy before meeting him. His face has creep written all over it. Even at 13 that's the first thing i would have thought.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I blame the parents. When my -13 year old kid (or even -18 for that matter) would go outside I would ask them what he was going to do and with whom. Of course he may have lied about it but my parents always brought me to the place I had to be at that age.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

In the end, this is just another example of why children shouldnt be allowed free access to the internet, no matter how innocent the means of connecting may seem. My children arent even going to know the internet exists until theyre old enough to own guns.

And that's where I disagree. One stupid kid meets an online furry pedophile, and parents go ape[cabbage] and try to shut down everything.

My children arent even going to know the internet exists until theyre old enough to own guns

So concerned with protecting his kids, unless they're completely safe with effing guns....*facepalm*

My children arent even going to know the internet exists until theyre old enough to own guns

So concerned with protecting his kids, unless they're completely safe with effing guns....*facepalm*

I think that quote had less to do with their kids owning a desert eagle and more to do with the age required to obtain one...

hzvjpwS.gif