bored + poor <3

kburts

So, starting about 2 months ago, I have been doing a lot of stakes, so many stakes in fact that I made around 90m, so I spent all this money on 91 herbalore for extremes, and now that I have them, I went staking again, but lost my last ~15m, so now I've been completely cleaned (honestly, bank is like 30k), but have overloads. I really like boss hunting, but I find that the materials cost more than the rewards almost all of the time, seeing as i have about 300 bandos kills and still haven't seen anything rarer than a godsword shard/snap seed. I can do frosts, but they are boring as hell and it's so plugged up with bots you get one dragon ever minute approxamately.

What should I do? I have no money, no gear and overloads.

yoshimario.gif

Siggy updated (Aug 23, 2008 9:30 AM)

My Photobucket

Well, If you want to get some money back for gear, I commonly see people lending whips for 5k/hour. You could borrow a whip for a few hours, kill some green dragons or something like that in those few hours, and be able to afford your own whip and some other gear. Or you could do dungeoneering and get a rapier, which will help you for boss hunting.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Join a Corp Clan. Borrow Zammy Spear. Bring Ovls. Make some decent money from LS. Then slowly work your way back up to the 10M range (or get lucky with a sigil drop). Then buy gear for more boss hunting.

Err... corping is extremely inconsistent, not what you need when looking for a new start. And even then it's pretty low income.

I'd recommend doing some break-even skilling (woodcutting etc.) for all stats 50, 60 or 70+ to maybe snatch a nice cape, and farming for money.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Pick mort myre fungi for 30 minutes (~250 k).

Spend this 250 k on 5 snapdragon seeds and 5 super compost to plant. After you plant them go DG for an hour and a half. Then go harvest all of your herbs, sell them on the GE, buy 5 more seeds.

With the 150 k profit go to the RFD chest and buy all the chocolate bars, cooking apples, and pots of flour and sell those on the GE for another 120 k profit.

Visit ardy for your free rune essence, yanille for your free sand, catherby for your almost free seaweed for another 50 k profit.

Take your 320 k to your slayer master and buy all the broad bolt/arrow tips you can to sell for another 100-130 k profit.

Take this and buy all your battlestaffs for another 10, 18, 35, or 70 k profit (depends on your tasks completed). With what's left on your hour and a half timer go back to DGing.

Go harvest your second set of herbs and plant your third set. If you don't have Jujus go to Herblore habitat to work on getting them. Once you've aquired 1.6 mil again invest 1.35 mil into MTK for your passive 2-3 mil profit a week.

On another note, Bandos is only decent money if you can yak the bones and have turmoil to make up for the lack of a healing familiar. That and the hilt drop rate is estimated to be around 1/250-1/300 means its not surprising at all that you haven't seen any good drops...

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

okay, i really do appreciate all these kindly replies from everyone trying to help me out, and I feel that I have not expressed the problem as well as I could have;

I DO have a rapier (2nd one to be precise,) I think my farmin' level is 39? I've never corped before, and I have learned to detest skilling.

As far as I can see it there are only a few meathods of making money

• Production Skills (wc, mining etc)
  • 2nd step skills (smithing, runecrafting etc..)
  • Boss hunting
  • Consistant moneymakers (frost dragons, green dragons etc..)

The thing is that I have done all these menial tasks so much that they no longer appeal to me in any way (except bossing really) To be honest, if there was no dg'ing I'd probably have quit a while ago, but I just dont know what to stay for anymore :/

EDIT: tieszen, although hilts are 1-250/300, shouldn't it really be 3-250/300 because of bcp's and tassets? or am I mistaken

yoshimario.gif

My Photobucket

EDIT: tieszen, although hilts are 1-250/300, shouldn't it really be 3-250/300 because of bcp's and tassets? or am I mistaken

Yes and no. Since its all luck, just because a drop rate is 1/300 doesnt mean it has to be 1/300. You can easily go 600+ kills with out a drop.

And i'm pretty sure that it's not 3/300. It would be my best guess that after you get the first drop, it would reset the drop rate for your next super rare boss specific item to 1/300 again. In a perfect world that is.

chrisman638.png

Yes and no. Since its all luck, just because a drop rate is 1/300 doesnt mean it has to be 1/300. You can easily go 600+ kills with out a drop.

And i'm pretty sure that it's not 3/300. It would be my best guess that after you get the first drop, it would reset the drop rate for your next super rare boss specific item to 1/300 again. In a perfect world that is.

lolol.

Unfortunately - probability of multiple things occuring is an independent event.

It only makes sense as the way RS codes their programs. Otherwise, killing in a group means a lot higher drop chances per boss which is simply not that case.

capt%20kevin.png

I don't mean any offense to the OP, but it really just sounds like you need to figure out how badly you need the money.

If you were really hard-pressed for cash, you could just do one of the methods you listed, even if they're menial tasks. :P If Farming is too boring for you, try doing an herb run in between Slayer tasks, or between boss-hunting trips. That way you can get a mix of profiting and enjoyment at the same time.

Like I said... no offense intended!

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I don't mean any offense to the OP, but it really just sounds like you need to figure out how badly you need the money.

If you were really hard-pressed for cash, you could just do one of the methods you listed, even if they're menial tasks. :P If Farming is too boring for you, try doing an herb run in between Slayer tasks, or between boss-hunting trips. That way you can get a mix of profiting and enjoyment at the same time.

No, I certainly wouldn't take any offense from that, my problem is that well... I dont know how much I need the money, nor do I have any to get started on bossing, I've been doing homework for the whole day except for about 15 minutes, but hope to get some scaping done eventually, I believe my problem is more on a physiological sense where I no longer have the will to play the game because it's just not fun for me anymore.

Well, I went to frost dragons and they are jam-diddly-packed with bots nowadays, which is kind of heartbreaking, considering they were my main money maker, as bosses seemed to actually end up losing me money most of the time because of money spent on supplies.

and to litterbug and chrisman; the drop is not dependant on the player, but on the specific graar you're killing, so having more people in a group would no increase the chance at a drop

and i was thinking you have a 1/300 of a hilt, 1/300 of bcp and 1/300 of tassets

means you have a 3/300 of getting something rare

so 1/100 chance at a rare drop from bandos, or at least thats how i see it :/

Edited by kburts

yoshimario.gif

My Photobucket

No, I certainly wouldn't take any offense from that, my problem is that well... I dont know how much I need the money, nor do I have any to get started on bossing, I've been doing homework for the whole day except for about 15 minutes, but hope to get some scaping done eventually, I believe my problem is more on a physiological sense where I no longer have the will to play the game because it's just not fun for me anymore.

Well, I went to frost dragons and they are jam-diddly-packed with bots nowadays, which is kind of heartbreaking, considering they were my main money maker, as bosses seemed to actually end up losing me money most of the time because of money spent on supplies.

and to litterbug and chrisman; the drop is not dependant on the player, but on the specific graar you're killing, so having more people in a group would no increase the chance at a drop

and i was thinking you have a 1/300 of a hilt, 1/300 of bcp and 1/300 of tassets

means you have a 3/300 of getting something rare

so 1/100 chance at a rare drop from bandos, or at least thats how i see it :/

When doing HW or something just have RS open in another tab or something fishing for monks/sharks/rocktails whatever, so you have that tiny bit of extra cash when you go to do something

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

I believe my problem is more on a physiological sense where I no longer have the will to play the game because it's just not fun for me anymore.

Posting on this, (and just note this is from my own personal experience being in a similar situation).

A big question you need to ask yourself is "what is GP going to do for you?". I am currently F2P because of a similar reason as you. I did most everything I found enjoyable, got bored, studies and such start to take priority, and frankly the game lost its appeal to me. So I switched to F2P. Now i'm sitting in F2P with a bunch of gold I spent time making in members. I regret spending that time now and feel it was "wasted" when I could have been doing things I enjoy more.

In summary, blindly making/grinding for gold is a bad idea if you have nothing you wish to apply it to. If you set a goal as getting xx armor or xx skill, by all means, make the money and go for it! But speaking from my experience (and my personal opinion) it's usually a bittersweet reward making gold with no intention to spend it. It might feel good to see the number grow at first, but once you reach a point, you look back and say "why did I spend all that time doing that".

If you don't have any main goals for gold usage, I would focus on things you enjoy more. You mentioned you like Dungeons, so perhaps that's a route you should take instead (as it requires no gold to start). I hear DGS is quite a good dungeon clan if you are looking for a group to join.

Just don't put the caboose before the coal car. Find out what you want first and then put a goal for it. If nothing appeals to you at all, perhaps a break is in order. Sometimes a 1-2 month break can make Runescape appeal more "interesting" when you return to it.

These are all personal opinions though, so as always, take them with a grain of salt. I wish you luck on whatever decision you make.

If you enjoy dg then I think it's quite possible to spend your entire time in daemonheim. However, if you don't enjoy dungeoneering then I'd suggest you quit rs for a bit. There's not much point if you're not enjoying yourself and you'll probably enjoy it more if/when you come back to it.

ichigosig2da4.jpg