Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Terraria

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Sarg1010
  • RSN2:Teh Sarg
Derp, spelled the title wrong. TerrAria. My bad.

http://www.terraria.org/

Posted Image

Dig, fight, explore, build! Nothing is impossible in this action-packed adventure game. The world is your canvas and the ground itself is your paint.

Terraria is coming soon OUT NOW!

Grab your tools and go! You can do many things in Terraria: make weapons and fight off a variety of enemies in numerous biomes, dig deep underground to find accessories, money, and other useful things, gather wood, stone, ores, and other resources to create everything you need to make the world your own and defend it. Build a house, a fort, even a castle, and people will move in to live there and perhaps even sell you different wares to assist you on your journey. But beware, there are even more challenges awaiting you... Are you up to the task?

Older news.

Newest stuff.

Video of 1.1!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azq5IOrFtEI&feature=player_embedded

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Da2Shae
[ Display Name History ]

Da2Shae

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Cool guy878
Oh yeah I remember Notch (Creator of Minecraft) tweeted about this game last week. It looks great! I wish we can get a release date on it.
Posted Image

RSN: Cool Guy878 "D2S" (lost all my friends after a 2 year break, feel free to add me.)

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
  • RSN '07:Shruiken
Fixed your title. You do know you can edit the titles, yes? It's in the full editor.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
Thanks for that :grin: Yea I knew you could, just didn't know where to find it.

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films
Looks like a 2D Minecraft with bosses ... and explode-able TNT in water. :mrgreen:
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

sohkmj1
[ Display Name History ]

sohkmj1

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Stack
  • RSN2:sohkmj1
I like this. 2D minecraft with a bigger (I think?) emphasis on combat.

Abc1230
[ Display Name History ]

Abc1230

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,416 posts
It was just released today or yesterday

LinkOlaran
[ Display Name History ]

LinkOlaran

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • RSN:Link Olaran
I got myself a copy, and so far, I'm getting the exact same vibes as I was when I first started playing Minecraft - and this is a good thing.

I honestly had zero clue what the hell I was doing at first, I couldn't build a house at all, so I basically sat on my failed house and fought off zombies and floating eyeballs until I ended up dying - at which point I decided to actually read a short beginner's guide to it, and then it started getting a little easier, lol.

I've died several times since then, though. One was the result of stumbling into the corrupted area, panicking when I started taking damage from something, then jumping into a chasm as a result and exploding into bloody chunks on impact with the bottom. Was hilarious, I'll admit. Others just tended to be getting into a situation where I was getting piled by waay too many critters at once, or getting cornered, or something similar.

I've only gotten the guide and a merchant in my world right now, though. Both have fairly tiny houses, but I have my own larger home in which I have storage chests, a furnace and anvil, workbench, etc. Purposely left out a chair, so the building wouldn't be considered as npc house material, so I won't come back to some random noob moving into my storage area.

Currently, I've left my small village of three shacks and headed out to the left (seeing as the right leads to corruption and likely another bloody, chunky end) in search of mushrooms, caves, and any copper and iron I can scavenge near the surface. Hoping to get enough money to purchase the miner's helmet from the merchant, but it's fairly costly for my current situation, lol.

Overall, it's a hell of a good game. Extremely simplistic looking (kinda like Minecraft), but it's a lot of fun.

Maze
[ Display Name History ]

Maze

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,661 posts
Bought it on sale.

This game's incredible. I love it a ton.

I died to the Eye of Cthulhu three times though, lol. Now I know that I have to fight it on a flat platform for it to be easier.

Overdoziz
[ Display Name History ]

Overdoziz

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,241 posts
I've been playing Terraria for about a week now with some friends of mine on a server. I love how much content the game has.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

LinkOlaran
[ Display Name History ]

LinkOlaran

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • RSN:Link Olaran
Yeah, it took me an hour or two of trying to kill the Eye of Cthulhu the first time as well, but once you get his attack patterns down, assuming you have enough time and potions (and shurikens, assuming you're only in starter gear), you should be able to take him down. Very, very helpful to have a large flat platform to fight him on so you can dodge.

The new potion/buff system makes it even easier - gravitation potion with a closed in large box so you can flip up onto the ceiling and down again at will helps a lot if you can control it. Ironskin and hp regeneration buffs are all that I really need, though - admittedly, I'm in silver armor and have 340 ish hp from the ton of heart crystals I keep finding, but still.

Eater of Worlds and Skeletron will prove far more difficult than the Eye, so get used to dodging a lot - you used to be able to just lure EoW back to spawn and just suicide kill him, but since he flees when you die now AND can only be fought in the corruption, he's a bit more difficult.

I personally rate Terraria as equal to Minecraft in how good the gameplay is, in my opinion. They're both slightly different takes on the same sort of genre, but both are extremely fun.

Only thing I really dislike about Terraria are those god damned bats that constantly swarm me everywhere. Just enough health to be a nuisance, do a decent amount of damage, too small for me to accurately shoot them down with a bow, and somehow they're fast enough to ram me when I try using my sword occasionally. Very, very irritating -.-

Oh, and of course they have different variations just about frigging everywhere, so you can never really get away from them, either. Other than the dungeon, normal surface, and desert, they're everywhere or there's a different flying creature that's even more irritating to deal with (such as eater of souls swarming in corruption).

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB
Might pick it up because it is on sale. I have a friend that really wants me to play it and I want too...as soon as Im done with runescape lol.

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Ouchy
[ Display Name History ]

Ouchy

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,365 posts
Is this like Minecraft was to everyone, where it looks incredibly boring and stupid, but once you play it you find out it is actually a good game?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

Posted Image

Overdoziz
[ Display Name History ]

Overdoziz

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,241 posts
It's a lot more interesting than Minecraft in my opinion. It's more focused on fighting and exploring whereas Minecraft focuses more on building structures. There's also a ton more content in Terraria than there is in Minecraft.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Maze
[ Display Name History ]

Maze

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,661 posts
The building aspect is in Terraria, it's just not as advanced as Minecraft.

One thing that is cool about Terraria is that, if you create a new world, you don't have to start from scratch again. Your character will keep all his stats and items, and you can make multiple characters.

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
We should make a TIF server on here. Equipment and supplies carry over from singleplayer to multiplayer, so it could be pretty fun. Much like people have done with Minecraft. :thumbup:

Maze
[ Display Name History ]

Maze

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,661 posts
Made a new world specifically for building and endgame content.

Built a tower for me and am currently building a hotel for the NPCs. Then I'll probably make a hellevator (A hole that you drop into that makes you drop into the underworld and has cobwebs at the bottom to slow your fall).

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • Clan:SoDB
Been playing it a few days now. Must say I REALLY enjoy it. I am also working on hosting my own server.

The video I used.

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
Well, so far on the map I've been playing on, I've reached the Underworld (died twice), found two floating islands within jumping distance of each other (lucky charm and red balloon were found), aaaand now I just found an underground jungle after jumping off of one of the islands and landing in a cave. Died there, but found some feral claws, which are very useful. This has turned out to be a pretty awesome map. The underground jungle is very dangerous though, so anyone who finds it better be ready to be attacked by Man Eaters from underneath.

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts