Sara Sword & Zammy Spear

If you have ZS and do waterfiends and corp, keep it

If you have SS and only do waterfiends, keep it

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Keep going for chaotic maul and sell both your spear and sword.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

^unless you corp.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Well, I'll be going back for 85 DG soon. Just wanna get 85 slay and 70 rc first (CSB bound but cant use). I'd only have ~70k tokens if I stop at 85, so a chaotic maul isnt really in my short term plan. And after 85 DG, I'd be camping frosts to get up my herb, pray and summ, so no corping or WF for a long time I guess.

Thanks for advise. Guess I'll let go of both, along with guthans.

Sell the SS. It's quite redundant these days unless you plan to do a lot of Waterfiends, even then a ZS really isn't far behind it.

SS is the best str training in game bar the crapier, and the best waterfiends weapon bar the cmaul. Zspear is beaten for stab weak creatures by korasi's and crapier, crush by the ss and the cmaul. The only place you need a z spear is corp.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Sell the SS. It's quite redundant these days unless you plan to do a lot of Waterfiends, even then a ZS really isn't far behind it.

SS is the best str training in game bar the crapier, and the best waterfiends weapon bar the cmaul. Zspear is beaten for stab weak creatures by korasi's and crapier, crush by the ss and the cmaul. The only place you need a z spear is corp.

Well yeah that's kind of why I was saying he should keep it, incase he does decide to Corp. Also the difference in charms per hour at waterfiends with a ZS vs SS is less than 10 difference, which does add up I guess but by selling his SS he free's up a bit more cash.

4sDIn.png

korasi + ddef

Well yeah that's kind of why I was saying he should keep it, incase he does decide to Corp. Also the difference in charms per hour at waterfiends with a ZS vs SS is less than 20 difference, which does add up I guess but by selling his SS he free's up a bit more cash.

Considering crims work out to around 70 an hour in the ancient cavern, I'd say a ~25% increase is pretty significant ;o

imho, since your goal is to get summoning up I'd keep the ss (at least until you decide to get maul) but sell zs because you don't intend to corp.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

Where are you guys pulling these numbers from :-o?

Ancient cavern fiends are up to 130 crims/hr. The difference between ss and zspear is only like 5 charms, and the difference between ss and maul only another 5.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

korasi + ddef

Is worse than saradomin sword for str training. I want to throttle whomever started that stupid rumor *glares at rswiki*

witchynosaur.png

Although there's really no reason to ever use the SS for strength training. Either whip on controlled, which is superior, or rapier training strength.

Although there's really no reason to ever use the SS for strength training. Either whip on controlled, which is superior, or rapier training strength.

Whip on controlled is in no way superior. Its less hours to max melee by training str to 99 first and then attack and defense subsequently after. Whip on controlled is worse than dscim+ddef to 99 str and then whip to 99 att/def. And obviously if he has a rapier it would be better.

witchynosaur.png

Only Zybez would say ZS is better than SS, and they have negative ranked me cuz I said so. So yeah, SS is superior at Waterfiends.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I do have a crapier. DGing to 82 got me 4 str lvls. By 85 DG, I'd prolly be 95-96. The last few would be from slayer + crapier.

And reason I want to sell is that I'd rather not hold on to equipment that I wont use and dropping in price. I dont mind if it drops but I use it frequent-ish. If I ever need it, I could always buy it back later at a cheaper price.

Edit: Forgot that when I camp frosts later on, I'd be meleeing them and getting str levels. Albeit very slowly...

Edited by Avatar200

I do have a crapier. DGing to 82 got me 4 str lvls. By 85 DG, I'd prolly be 95-96. The last few would be from slayer + crapier.

And reason I want to sell is that I'd rather not hold on to equipment that I wont use and dropping in price. I dont mind if it drops but I use it frequent-ish. If I ever need it, I could always buy it back later at a cheaper price.

Edit: Forgot that when I camp frosts later on, I'd be meleeing them and getting str levels. Albeit very slowly...

If you're going to frost - then you won't be needing them very much since they're both 2h weapons.

I'm not exactly sure what the deal with the ZS is because every so often the price changes pretty drastically.

The SS has rose in price and has been sitting at around 6 mil for a pretty long time so I think it should be fine if you desired to keep it.

capt%20kevin.png