I can't take Jagex seriously anymore.

sees_all1

[hide]

thisneedstostop.png

[/hide]

NOTE: About 10 minutes after I took the screenshot, a PMOD dropped in. He said he muted 24 of them... unfortunately after he left 10 more appeared out of nowhere.

Jagex needs to change their game, and give more power to its players. The tools we have to combat spammers and RWTers are limited, virtually non-existant. I know there are only so many player moderators out there, perhaps we need a new system?

What I propose is straight forward:

1. Allow all players to freeze their chat windows. Allow all players to right-click "Report Abuse" when their chat windows are frozen.

2. Allow all players to send in as many reports as they please, don't limit them to one a minute.

3. When enough players send in abuse reports, a 1 hour auto-mute is placed on the offender. If the offender is automuted X times in Y hours, they're muted for Z hours (yes, there is potential abuse to this system, but I believe it'll help a ton)

4. Limit the number of characters a player can send in the chat window per minute based on some criteria (highest level/total levels/total experience/distance traveled in game)

5. Automatically flag players that type the same thing over and over again (these player's threshold for number of reports required for auto-mute are drastically lowered).

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I dont like getting muted because a bunch of butthurt players decided to report me. I think you overestimate the integrity of the general runescape population by a lot.

I'm not sure you'd be affected by these changes, except you'd be able to get muted quicker.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Turn off ur chat and calm down

They aren't hurting you

They ruin my game experience. They make it impossible to chat with anyone you don't already know. They make runescape a RPG instead of a MMORPG.

♪♪ And I'm not done

I'm only annoyed by the ones that pm me. I leave my private chat to open, but it can force me to turn it to friends only when I enter the GE.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I agree 100%. I got heavily involved in a clan chat which chased around these bots when clan chats came out all those years ago.

When I first started bot busting in the chat, Jagex moderators used to drop in often, come bot busting with us and collect the names of the bots to block all the ones in the same family of bots. As time went on slowly Jagex staff stopped visiting the chat, yet the ad bot problems became worse. It's very disappointing to see it's become this bad. The only way I can see this being fixed is hiring staff just to get rid of the ad bots, or giving out more severe punishments to users who RWT, if no one's buying the money, there's no point to advertise it.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Wow.

So much for Jagex "having the bot problem under control" eh? Guess we already knew that was cabbage before they even said it.

I agree with your points, but I doubt there will be a change.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Agreed with Y_Guy.

The 5th option would only hurt clans because during clan fights everyone tends to spam 'DF' or 'RSD' (depending on the clan obviously) over and over to locate a pile.

The report limit is a joke really. I see tons of macroers. Since I have a report limit I only report one so it doesn't affect my gameplay.

j0xPu5R.png

There's a clan chat in-game called "Ad Busters", generally if you ever see spam like this -- or even just one person, pop in there and notify a Player Moderator. There's generally several in there, depending on what time of day it is. They'll come and take care of them for you.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Give it up, Sees. And give in. (Bwhahahahahah!) Jagex won't do anything until it's almost too late. Find some way around it, bot operators have gone semi-professional on milking money out of the grind since Jagex are lenient on the matter.

Or if you feel it's that bad, move on to other games until something drastic happens within Runescape.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Give it up, Sees. And give in. (Bwhahahahahah!) Jagex won't do anything until it's almost too late. Find some way around it, bot operators have gone semi-professional on milking money out of the grind since Jagex are lenient on the matter.

Or if you feel it's that bad, move on to other games until something drastic happens within Runescape.

While I'm not sure if Sees pays for the game, I certainly do. I tend to ignore bots since they're so amazingly prevalent, but I expect SOME level of control from a pretty well developed company like Jagex. It's pathetic really. I'd much rather they focus on stopping the RWT/bot problem.

PM me for fitocracy invite

While I'm not sure if Sees pays for the game

:wall:

♪♪ And I'm not done

Silly goose, why are you bashing your head in when a quick glance at your status clearly gives way to uncertainty?

SOME level of control from a pretty well developed company like Jagex

There is, but it's so abysmal it mightn't as well exist.

Runescape has more or less peaked, now. Unless they do something as game-changing as the game mechanics that make up Eve Online/Dust 514 you'll see it stay as it were, more or less.

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

What can I say? You get what you pay for :lol:

Whether I pay for the game or not is irrelevant to the rant.

"I pay for the game, so when I rant I deserve to be heard, instead of this other guy because HE doesn't PAY."

Jagex should be worried about their [potential] customer's experience... If I had no history with runescape and I saw that open sore, you'd better believe I wouldn't be back.

♪♪ And I'm not done

B-b-but the money! You must pay or you get no service! Look at how we treat our P2Pers in their fancy clothes and their shiny swords and pets. Look at how shiny everything is! Look how we fix things that aren't broken to make them better!

On a serious note, they do care about their potential customers. Look at how many times they changed the tutorial. (Bahahahahahahaha!)

1emk2e.png

What can I say? You get what you pay for :lol:

Whether I pay for the game or not is irrelevant to the rant.

"I pay for the game, so when I rant I deserve to be heard, instead of this other guy because HE doesn't PAY."

Jagex should be worried about their [potential] customer's experience... If I had no history with runescape and I saw that open sore, you'd better believe I wouldn't be back.

Should. Aren't. Won't.

I didn't say that only payers should be heard, I meant that if anyone in general is paying, there should be some control and following of their own rules on Jagex's side. In terms of F2P, it'd be great if they listened/cared, but they don't. They're a company, they need to pander for the profit :mellow:

They're a company, they need to pander for the profit

That's the sad part. There are companies out there who put profit and their love of making a game as an equal priority.

Nobody is holding a gun to your head to play RS. You play of your own free will. You can go play one of the games made by one of those companies if you like. At least Jagex has customer support, has community input, actively moderates their own game, updates it frequently, and doesn't force you to pay.

They're a company, they need to pander for the profit

That's the sad part. There are companies out there who put profit and their love of making a game as an equal priority.

Nobody is holding a gun to your head to play RS. You play of your own free will. You can go play one of the games made by one of those companies if you like. At least Jagex has customer support, has community input, actively moderates their own game, updates it frequently, and doesn't force you to pay.

That's obvious. You're beating a dead horse.

But customer support? Automated. Community input is more or less ignored unless there's a huge public outcry. Moderation of their game? Hah! Look at all the bots, that sure is a good sign of keeping house. And lately most content updates are short and lack long-term replay value.

If you mean to say criticism of a company by comparing them to another means I should get out and play something else, well then, I suppose that means no criticism can be tolerated.

1emk2e.png

Customer support = read by real people, replied by automation.

Um, community polls? User generated content (thalassus, vet cape look, etc.)? I am sure that Jmods read the forums every day. They might not take many ideas or use them directly, but they do look at the suggestions.

The number of bots doesn't mean there isn't moderation. There are pmods who actively mute spammers and report rulebreakers, and I have personally seen multiple Jmods coming to permamute and ban spammers, scammers, and bots.

It doesn't mean criticism can't be tolerated, it means that you're going to get nowhere criticizing Jamflex and you'd be better served if you either got over it or moved to a different game.