Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Veteran Cape

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poopingman
[ Display Name History ]

Poopingman

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Poopingman
The cape was a great idea, but I believe there should be two tiers. I want a 10-year cape for those of us with a decade of experience. I mean, why bother making the cape if it only represents half of the game's timeline?
Metal fans, check out my band!
Posted Image
Still the King....

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts

The cape was a great idea, but I believe there should be two tiers. I want a 10-year cape for those of us with a decade of experience. I mean, why bother making the cape if it only represents half of the game's timeline?

This has already been discussed, and if I remember correctly they can't do a 10-year cape yet because records of account creation dates weren't logged that far back then.

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Would be cool if Jagex made 20-years Veteran cape :mellow:
Oh yeah (the rock/Dwayne John.) I'm serious.

Poopingman
[ Display Name History ]

Poopingman

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
  • RSN:Poopingman
Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if they had no records back then. Damn, good point.
Metal fans, check out my band!
Posted Image
Still the King....

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,510 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if they had no records back then. Damn, good point.

This is all direct quotes from Jagex btw. They will release a 10 year cape with data starting from the day they started keeping records, so maybe another year or so till they will release it and the first players will be able to get.

aspeeder
[ Display Name History ]

aspeeder

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,083 posts
Besides, iirc they are planning on releasing a second tier for 10 years, they just need to wait a while until their records coincide with that achievement.

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

lordkafei
[ Display Name History ]

lordkafei

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,123 posts
  • RSN:Kafei Nation
They should just scrap the notion of a 10-year cape and go straight to 11.

http://nigeltufnelda...Tufnel_Day.html

:thumbsup:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Nobody
[ Display Name History ]

Nobody

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,722 posts
  • RSN:Quikdrawjoe
  • Clan:None
This is General Discussion so feel free to discuss. If you can't make a relevant post feel free to post on a topic where you can make a relevant post. :thumbup:

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RSN:xpx
10 years was the original idea but i think they have some technical problems with doing it(don't have account creation dates that go back that far) so it has been speculated that they might release the cape next year for people with bunny ears/scythes, but it's just speculation. 10 year cape was always something they wanted to do, even before 5 year capes.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,960 posts
Yeah, they did want to make a 10 year cape, but because of technical limitations it wasn't possible to release it with the other ones.

Even though I probably won't be getting it, I'd be in favour of it being released. This game needs one of those capes that not everyone has.

j0xPu5R.png

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
Just so long as they're clear on whether or not it's members only this time. It probably will, but they were pretty misleading with the whole "available to all players" thing for the 5-year capes.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,510 posts

Yeah, they did want to make a 10 year cape, but because of technical limitations it wasn't possible to release it with the other ones.

Even though I probably won't be getting it, I'd be in favour of it being released. This game needs one of those capes that not everyone has.

See trimmed completionist cape

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,960 posts

See trimmed completionist cape

I still think that the cape (by the time the 10 year cape comes around) will become more popular.

Just look at the highscores. There isn't a skill where someone hasn't obtained 200m experience in. In fact, for the majority of them everybody on the first page has 200m experience. :P

j0xPu5R.png

Gandorf61
[ Display Name History ]

Gandorf61

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,669 posts
  • RSN:Gandorf61
Quote straight from the development blog:

Veteran cape - a cape that any player can wear if their account is more than 5 years old

Next year, we will be able to offer an expanded version of the Veteran cape to those players who have been with us for 10 years. Currently, thatÂ’s not possible, although we know that some of you are already 10-year veterans. See below for how YOU can help design this awesome cape!

So they are going to release a 10 year cape, just not until next year. ;)

ForsakenMage
[ Display Name History ]

ForsakenMage

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 6,856 posts
  • RSN:ForsakenMage
  • RSN2:Pengew Ami
  • Clan:EoE
Moderator Message: If you are going to respond to any thread, please try to be a bit more constructive. That would be the reason why some posts are going missing. Thanks.

On Topic
: I'm a bit more annoyed with the fact that the veteran cape itself was designed by all players, regardless of how long ago they've played, and I'm not happy with the design at all. Just way too much action in it. >.< I hope the ten year cape's design is actually chosen by those who are going to be at the ten year mark.

SythenRs
[ Display Name History ]

SythenRs

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • RSN:SnowJoke

Moderator Message: If you are going to respond to any thread, please try to be a bit more constructive. That would be the reason why some posts are going missing. Thanks.

On Topic
: I'm a bit more annoyed with the fact that the veteran cape itself was designed by all players, regardless of how long ago they've played, and I'm not happy with the design at all. Just way too much action in it. >.< I hope the ten year cape's design is actually chosen by those who are going to be at the ten year mark.

Every player has chance to wear the cape, so shouldn't they have a say in how it looks?

Snowjoke.png

Xtm
[ Display Name History ]

Xtm

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Xtm
I was told June 2012 but dont take me up on that.

ForsakenMage
[ Display Name History ]

ForsakenMage

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 6,856 posts
  • RSN:ForsakenMage
  • RSN2:Pengew Ami
  • Clan:EoE

On Topic

Every player has chance to wear the cape, so shouldn't they have a say in how it looks?

Point made. :) But the way it was described, it felt like to me more directed to older players in general in terms of start date, not how long they've played the game, if that makes sense?

SythenRs
[ Display Name History ]

SythenRs

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • RSN:SnowJoke

On Topic

Point made. :) But the way it was described, it felt like to me more directed to older players in general in terms of start date, not how long they've played the game, if that makes sense?

I see what your saying, but I think they covered that base with the classic cape. So I agree that only people that would have been eligible for the classic cape should have a say in how it looks, but I dont even think there was a vote for that was there?

Snowjoke.png

Pete Party
[ Display Name History ]

Pete Party

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 487 posts
I am ok with the 5 year cape...unless they want to help me getting my old accounts name back.

I can't remember it's name therefor I lost the account :(
Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users