Moderator Trainee Recruitment Drive 2011 - CLOSED

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[*]Unbiased and fair.

I guess that rules out whoever created the application form.

i hope you also complain about stating your age and work experience on job applications irl

Requiring an applicant to state their age on a job application in the UK has been unlawful since the introduction of the Equality Act 2010, so yes, I would complain if an employer asked me for my age or date of birth on an application form.

10xy5fk.png

[*]Unbiased and fair.

i hope you also complain about stating your age and work experience on job applications irl

Requiring an applicant to state their age on a job application in the UK has been unlawful since the introduction of the Equality Act 2010, so yes, I would complain if an employer asked me for my age or date of birth on an application form.

good thing we're not in the uk then isn't it...

Bottom line is we can request whatever information we need in order for us to make our decisions. If you don't like it, then you don't need to apply.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the new faces we'll be seeing shortly. :thumbup: Don't be afraid to apply if you haven't already! I was picked up in the last recruitment drive and haven't regretted anything.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

[*]Unbiased and fair.

good thing we're not in the uk then isn't it...

You asked a question, I answered it.

I don't have a problem with Tip.it requiring you to provide your age or Runescape name, it's their site, they're free to choose their moderators however they wish. I don't agree with it, but they have every right to do so (provided you ignore various declarations of human rights).

What I have a problem with is Tip.it claiming that their system is unbiased and fair, when it's neither of the two, and then merely shrugging off any accusations regarding their biased approach. If Tip.it want to have a corrupt system in place, that's their choice, just don't try to claim that it's not one.

10xy5fk.png

You asked a question, I answered it.

I don't have a problem with Tip.it requiring you to provide your age or Runescape name, it's their site, they're free to choose their moderators however they wish. I don't agree with it, but they have every right to do so (provided you ignore various declarations of human rights).

What I have a problem with is Tip.it claiming that their system is unbiased and fair, when it's neither of the two, and then merely shrugging off any accusations regarding their biased approach. If Tip.it want to have a corrupt system in place, that's their choice, just don't try to claim that it's not one.

i like how you somehow know that they're definitely biased just because they ask for information you don't deem relevant?? last i checked they're free to ask whatever they want if it helps them make a decision, and without being pat of the process i dont see how you can claim its "biased"

i didn't know asking someones age was also a violation of their human rights, you might find your efforts better suited to making a difference irl rather than crusading for justice on an internet forum

Guys seriously, if you're going to nitpick about the application and the qualifications, send a private message to an administrator. You all have been reminded multiple times of this already throughout the thread. This is a final warning.

Good luck to everyone applying! :thumbsup:

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

Good luck to everyone who applies. The *looks at wrist* three weeks I've been on the EP has been a blast, and I can only assume the other staff positions are just as fun.

...who am I kidding? EP is the best staff position. :wink:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Well glad to see that my post wasn't even worth a reply, Tripsis.

Just like my PM application was ignored during the last recruitment drive, am I right? Read, but no response. And that was before I started to become a lousy poster on these forums in order to piss you off.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Well glad to see that my post wasn't even worth a reply, Tripsis.

Just like my PM application was ignored during the last recruitment drive, am I right? Read, but no response. And that was before I started to become a lousy poster on these forums in order to piss you off.

What post? And can you really expect people who run an entire forum to be able to respond to every single question/post?

PM me for fitocracy invite

I guess my chances for becoming a mod are pretty much shot. :)

I assume you mean this post??

No one has absolutely no chance of being selected if they meet the basic requirements (three months, 150 posts). Obviously forum history has an affect but no one is immediately ruled out.

EDIT: I should also mention that we don't necessarily reply to unaccepted applications.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Adding to what Y_Guy said, I can guarantee you that your application wasn't ignored. Every application in any of the recruitment drives is looked over closely by those who will be voting on the applications. No application is automatically denied if it meets the requirements.

Also, if you resort to being a lousy poster as a way of "revenge" on the people who didn't accept you, it doesn't make you look any better. Trust me, I've learned that.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Is 150 posts an absolute requirement?

I say this because since I have joined, I have had to prepare and study for exams which is why I have a low post count.

I have only recently been able to start posting daily or every few days.

Robbstarkded.png

I say this because since I have joined, I have had to prepare and study for exams which is why I have a low post count.

I'm certainly not an official of Tip It and I am in no way sure of this, but I don't think they're looking for people who have just recently joined (not enough experience with the forum). Don't quote me on that though, I'm sure you'll still be considered equally :^_^:

PM me for fitocracy invite

Unfortunately we really do ask that our applicants have at least 150 posts :( If you are a couple posts (like 5) short that's fine but you're about 60 short and that's quite a lot :( We really need post count for a few reasons:

• It shows involvement and activity. We need moderators who are around a lot, have free time to dedicate to the site, and regularly engage with the community. While we do look for good moderator qualities, it is also fairly important to us that moderators be known within the community and post count helps with that. It's not meant to be a popularity contest but the role of a moderator is to be a community leader, interact with the community, and be a spokesperson for the community (in addition to the typical moderator stuff like removing bad content). So being known within the community helps with that, also because regular users like having moderators that they know well and see around a lot.

• A higher post count allows us to get a sense of the candidate's personality, behavior and longstanding dedication to Tip.It. If you only have a few posts, it's really not enough for us to get a good sense of who you are over a long period of time.

• It gives us reassurance and backs up what you say in your application. If someone writes in their application that they're very dedicated to Tip.It and have a lot of time to moderate the forums and they love getting involved, it doesn't hold much weight without evidence. So for the dedication, we like to see people who have been around a while and have been consistently active for that time. We understand people take vacations, have real life stuff, etc. but it's easier to see the consistency through the vacations if you've been around longer. For the time part, this is also where post count comes in handy. If someone is posting a lot, that's proof that they spend a decent amount of time on Tip.It and thus also have time to dedicate to being a moderator. And for involvement, we really look for people who are in touch with the community and strive to be a part of it.

Don't misunderstand that we think "the higher post count the better moderator," because that's certainly not true! But the above points explain why we do set some minimum standards. We have had some fabulous moderators who came on board with only 300 posts, and there are some forum users with thousands of posts who would not make great moderators.

Honestly the big problem is that with so few posts, you'd have a hard time matching up against the other candidates who do meet the post count requirement. Even if you present yourself really well in an application and seemingly meet the other qualities we're looking for, you'll probably be outshone by the people who have the same qualities but also have a higher post count.

You can always work on engaging more in preparation for the next recruitment drive :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

and there are some forum users with thousands of posts who would not make great moderators.

:sad:

More sour skittles, tripsis?

:P

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Unfortunately we really do ask that our applicants have at least 150 posts :( If you are a couple posts (like 5) short that's fine but you're about 60 short and that's quite a lot :( We really need post count for a few reasons:

• It shows involvement and activity. We need moderators who are around a lot, have free time to dedicate to the site, and regularly engage with the community. While we do look for good moderator qualities, it is also fairly important to us that moderators be known within the community and post count helps with that. It's not meant to be a popularity contest but the role of a moderator is to be a community leader, interact with the community, and be a spokesperson for the community (in addition to the typical moderator stuff like removing bad content). So being known within the community helps with that, also because regular users like having moderators that they know well and see around a lot.

• A higher post count allows us to get a sense of the candidate's personality, behavior and longstanding dedication to Tip.It. If you only have a few posts, it's really not enough for us to get a good sense of who you are over a long period of time.

• It gives us reassurance and backs up what you say in your application. If someone writes in their application that they're very dedicated to Tip.It and have a lot of time to moderate the forums and they love getting involved, it doesn't hold much weight without evidence. So for the dedication, we like to see people who have been around a while and have been consistently active for that time. We understand people take vacations, have real life stuff, etc. but it's easier to see the consistency through the vacations if you've been around longer. For the time part, this is also where post count comes in handy. If someone is posting a lot, that's proof that they spend a decent amount of time on Tip.It and thus also have time to dedicate to being a moderator. And for involvement, we really look for people who are in touch with the community and strive to be a part of it.

Don't misunderstand that we think "the higher post count the better moderator," because that's certainly not true! But the above points explain why we do set some minimum standards. We have had some fabulous moderators who came on board with only 300 posts, and there are some forum users with thousands of posts who would not make great moderators.

Honestly the big problem is that with so few posts, you'd have a hard time matching up against the other candidates who do meet the post count requirement. Even if you present yourself really well in an application and seemingly meet the other qualities we're looking for, you'll probably be outshone by the people who have the same qualities but also have a higher post count.

You can always work on engaging more in preparation for the next recruitment drive :)

I can see your reasoning and thanks for the reply.

Robbstarkded.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just over one day left, get those applications in! :)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Just sent mine in!

Ended up re-doing it multiple times because I didn't think it was good enough the first few.. lol

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]