XP or cash per hour?

RAHK

even though this topic is a question i think that it lends itself more to discussion than a straight-forward answer:

how much is enough for it to be worth your time? for example the xp per hour that you get cooking/fletching is expected to be MUCH higher than say HP or (solo) rc. and the cash made per hour that you can make from mining, wcing, or rcing is expected to be MUCH higher than say (OBVIOUSLY) fm/prayer/agility or smithing (excluding c balls). my question is twofold:

1. what is the MINIMUM amount of xp/cash that is acceptable to you, personally, for each of your major skills (aka probably not fm) per hour?

2. what is the MAXIMUM amount of xp/cash that you can make for the same?

also for those who don't focus on skills or cash from skills what would you say you make cash-wise merchanting or pking on AVERAGE, of course, an hour?

EDIT:

no offense to the 30 ppl who felt compelled to remind me this is a game but :roll: : the aspect of this game that I, not necessarily anyone else, enjoy is the number aspect. therefore nobody else needs to remind me that this is a game. :wink:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

I cant answer any of your questions the way you are asking for - with numbers. I will however answer with my view on it:

First, the main reason I play is to do things I enjoy and to relax. Keeping track of numbers stresses me, so I never do that. Besides, keeping track of exp and time at my level is just depressing. Also, I dont have the personality or interest to be good at merchating, so I rather do the easier trades (sell for less/pay more) to get it over with, so I can move on to things I enjoy.

Second, doing things the most efficient way is usually boring in my opinion. I need variation to enjoy the game, so I simply do what I feel like at the moment.

This is my personal view. Dont argue about it. We are all different, and enjoy to do things ÃÆÃâÃâín different ways. Some of you enjoy to get as much exp/money per hour as possible. I respect that - so please respect that I like to do things my way. It *is* a game, meant to be fun :)

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

i can totally agree with this viewpoint since thats the way that i played rs until i had completed all the quests. after that i focused on skilling and cash and found that honestly more enjoyable. plus i like numbers :lol:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

I'm with Gugge 100% , when you start to make it all about numbers, it becomes obsessive , obsessive behavior isnt healthy :(

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

I'm with Gugge 100% , when you start to make it all about numbers, it becomes obsessive , obsessive behavior isnt healthy :(

i completely disagree with this statement (sorry). Some people (me for one) truly enjoy breaking things down to their base numerical status. I find it enjoyable knowing the difference of xp an hour that a super set gives, etc. not to mention being able to prove certain things one way or the other through simple math. this game is all about the numbers to me whether it be minutes, xp, gp, or qp its all good.

and you can easily be obsessed with MANY things without going anywhere near numbers. in fact to see the opposite of the spectrum take a waltz through the role-playing forums. the EXACT opposite of numbers but a lot are quite obsessed...

i take back (most of) my 1st sentence though: obsessive behavior IS VERY unhealthy. it, like everything else in life, is about moderation :wink:

(just noticed im no longer a chicken feather yay :roll: )

RahkUrWrld.png

I also agree with Gugge as well as I tend to do what I feel like doing. If I happen to get a level then that's a bonus :)

I have never Merchanted so never have much GP but I am not that imterested in GP so this is not a problem to me. I just enjoy playing as a way to relax and earn some XP in the Skill I am interested in at that time :)

Slimfar :)

slimfarel0ph8.jpg

Many thanks to Pup for my new Siggy :)

I cant answer any of your questions the way you are asking for - with numbers. I will however answer with my view on it:

First, the main reason I play is to do things I enjoy and to relax. Keeping track of numbers stresses me, so I never do that. Besides, keeping track of exp and time at my level is just depressing. Also, I dont have the personality or interest to be good at merchating, so I rather do the easier trades (sell for less/pay more) to get it over with, so I can move on to things I enjoy.

Second, doing things the most efficient way is usually boring in my opinion. I need variation to enjoy the game, so I simply do what I feel like at the moment.

This is my personal view. Dont argue about it. We are all different, and enjoy to do things ÃÆÃâÃâín different ways. Some of you enjoy to get as much exp/money per hour as possible. I respect that - so please respect that I like to do things my way. It *is* a game, meant to be fun :)

Totally agreed. It seems like if I keep track of the exp I am making all the time while I am training it goes slower, and if I constantly keep track of how many nats I have crafted, for example, I seem to make them more slowly; not really, but it seems like it.

The minimum for it to be acceptable to me per hour, when I am actually trying to make money, is 200k gold per hour. When crafting nats in the abyss, I can do more than double that; as much as 450k an hour. Of course, I can't really say for sure because I don't like to keep track of time/numbers. What I mean about when I am actually trying to make money is, if I am training on monsters like basilisks for combat xp, I don't expect to make 200k an hour, in fact, I would be a very happy camper if I made 100k/hour.

This depends. Fishing for example:

If I need some cash, I will fish lobsters because they are worth more. (Lower XP but higher cash)

If I need food for training, I will fish swordies/tuna because they are faster. (Higher XP, lower cash.

Same for mining, coal = money ~ iron = XP.

I find making cannonballs is both. It has high XP, if in large amounts, and also a good source of money.

knkcopy.jpg

I really don't care. Different skills have different rates, so its useless to compare teh xp per hour between them. Same for cash per hour from different skills.

However when I'm trainign a skill I go for the best xp per hour, and when i want cash I go for the best cash per hour. With mining for example I mined iron for xp to 85, now I mine rune for cash. In woodcut I do yews for xp( and fletching), and magics for cash.

Lagatag.png

i completely disagree with this statement (sorry). Some people (me for one) truly enjoy breaking things down to their base numerical status. I find it enjoyable knowing the difference of xp an hour that a super set gives, etc. not to mention being able to prove certain things one way or the other through simple math. this game is all about the numbers to me whether it be minutes, xp, gp, or qp its all good.

and you can easily be obsessed with MANY things without going anywhere near numbers. in fact to see the opposite of the spectrum take a waltz through the role-playing forums. the EXACT opposite of numbers but a lot are quite obsessed...

i take back (most of) my 1st sentence though: obsessive behavior IS VERY unhealthy. it, like everything else in life, is about moderation :wink:

(just noticed im no longer a chicken feather yay :roll: )

Same.

I Like numbers :D

ive found that the only skills im really comfortable making money from is crafting (and high alching my ammies/dragonhide vambs), fletching (and alching/selling the bows) or smithing (and alching the plates). i find it most rewarding to pretty much get the most exp possible from any skill im working on. i never buy or sell materials. the only things i will sell is stuff i cant possibly get any experience from

lately ive been smithing my steel and mith bars into arrow heads instead of plates so i can get some fletching exp and range exp. then, as i kill stuff, i make money buy picking the gp that the monsters drop :shock: :lol:

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

If I need some cash, I will fish lobsters because they are worth more. (Lower XP but higher cash)

If I need food for training, I will fish swordies/tuna because they are faster. (Higher XP, lower cash.

I find making cannonballs is both. It has high XP, if in large amounts, and also a good source of money.

that part i don't get for sure. thats the fish evyerone uses to lvl up fishing. its faster and gives good exp so it beats swordies in the long run. now if your going for money, sharks....

I also agree with Gugge as well as I tend to do what I feel like doing. If I happen to get a level then that's a bonus :)

I have never Merchanted so never have much GP but I am not that imterested in GP so this is not a problem to me. I just enjoy playing as a way to relax and earn some XP in the Skill I am interested in at that time :)

Exactly. If I feel like fighting monsters, I'll just do it and get some slayer. If I feel like mining, I will. Then smith and sell or train ranged with cannon balls (but no cannon, so more selling).

I do what I'm really into, and if there's a way to make money from it, why not make some then. :D

61784167.jpg

that part i don't get for sure. thats the fish evyerone uses to lvl up fishing. its faster and gives good exp so it beats swordies in the long run. now if your going for money, sharks....

Not everyone can do sharks you know.

40onagdca1.png

Oh yeah. That's right.

I don't get cash/xp per hour... I just mine for 10 min, sell what I mined, and use the cash to train till I get bored...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

I don't get cash/xp per hour... I just mine for 10 min, sell what I mined, and use the cash to train till I get bored...

i am NOT i repeat NOT trying to insult you:

i think this is a perfect example of the EXACT OPPOSITE of how i play. :wink:

think of all the time* wasted travelling from the mining spot to the selling spot to the training spot. think of all the POTENTIAL cash* wasted over the months (as in the extra cash that he would have made per item if he would have saved up and sold in bulk). think of the time* wasted from the repeated transition of combat to mining equipment etc.

all the "*" are numbers that i like to mess with. if i can get a tiny edge time-wise or gp-wise then i take it. shaving 12 seconds off of a path that i normally take is well worth the 5 minutes of investigation in the long run to me.

another example is how my bank is organized. not only is everything in ascending order (guam seeds, then marrentil seeds, etc.) everything is put in groups so that complimentary equipment is always easily accesible side-by-side. the logs are in order of level followed by the tinderboxes, the knifes and the bow strings.

i am organized and analretentive about time, gp, etc. on this game. doing so is fun for me and a challenge. now if only my wife could get me to be the same way with my dirty clothes :roll:

RahkUrWrld.png

ummm, no. the people that want pure xp go fly fishing in shilo village

i talk about numbers etc. but am not very good at remembering to write stuff down :oops: for me the minimum cash i will accept is 200k an hour for most activites and i expect AT LEAST 1 lvl a day preferably 3 or 4 (im only 1575 total after all)

RahkUrWrld.png

I also agree, its unhealthy but sumtimes it helps

"all things in moderation" & "All work and no play makes Warlover a dull boy" are 2 phrases useful here

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

i love to use numbers when i play runescape it makes it more fun in my opinion and i dont think it has anything to do with being obsessed. I always have my calculator and microsoft excel on my computer even when i'm not merchanting

96% of teens will not stand up for Christ. If you're one of the 4% that will, put this in your signature.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

i' crazy with numbers... i skipped all the grades they would let me in math. i'm in 7th grae, but 11th math....so i use this to my advantage. i caculate how much i can work, if i get boerd, how much food i should bring, how many of a cirten monster i should kill, and so forth. i only started playing like 2 monthst ago, but these 'numbers' got me to my lvl, and got me the pations to think i can do this. without 'numbers' i wouldn't know that i would have needed to kill 1237 rock crabs to get to 60 atk... with out these numbers i wouldn't kow how many times i should try my luck at stealing from stalls. without these numbers, i wouldn't have been able to THINK about doing monkey madness without lvl 43 prayer...

so in my opinion nmbers are everything. they also help me get my max/min xp/cash per hour. i know my max and mins of xp per hour is about 50k max xp(without cannon) and about 1mil per hour in anything. i also know that i can get a min of about 1k xp and 1k gp per hour... so, well, as my last math teacher says: "GET A FRIGIN MATH LIFE! ONLY $2 DOLLARS AT THE DOLLAR STORE!!!" lol