Account hacked, got his IP

Lodewijk66

"Hi guys, so I just found out I got hacked. The hacker just wanted cash, he traded all of my items to one of his accounts and left the rest in my bank. No clue how much it was but I guess something like 70 mil. I feel sad right now but that's not the point. I have the IP-adress of the hacker, screenshotted and wrote it down. Is there anything I can do with this information. I know there's probably no chance to get my items back but I hope to at least help other players from being hacked by the same person."

I posted this on the official RS forums. I hope there's something I can do.

Oh and I feel stupid for not having a bank pin haha :(

Greets,

Lode

You should feel stupid for no bank pin; and stupid for getting hacked in general.

Good password, good recoveries, decent AV, be smart about phishing sites/links, don;t tell anybody you password = odds of getting hacked virtually 0 because the methods left to hack you are mostly so complex only really sad losers bother using them to hack an rs account.

That aside i believe there's a sticky somewhere on RSOF where you can post info like that to help customer support catch him

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You should feel stupid for no bank pin; and stupid for getting hacked in general.

Good password, good recoveries, decent AV, be smart about phishing sites/links, don;t tell anybody you password = odds of getting hacked virtually 0 because the methods left to hack you are mostly so complex only really sad losers bother using them to hack an rs account.

That aside i believe there's a sticky somewhere on RSOF where you can post info like that to help customer support catch him

I know I know, I feel so stupid for not having a bank pin. Getting the account back was not the problem btw, password recovery was sent to me via mail. Thnx a lot for the quick reply :)

It might not be entirely his fault.

Many people over the past 2 weeks have been getting hacked.

I have pictures of 3 different IP addresses that have been on my account over the last 2 weeks, and in the RSOF there has been many pages of threads made about hackers.

- i have had this account for 7 years without being hacked once, then i get hacked 3 times in the space of 1 week, all the IP addresses were from China. I bet your going to tell me that doesn't sound strange.

Lynxrockstar.png

There always a lot of hacking going on.

All it says is:

Recently you got phished or keylogged or leaked your pass some how.

Or you some how got on a brute force hacking list of some china based gold farming company that is dumb enough to use advance hacking methods on rs. (most common method being: you bought from them)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There always a lot of hacking going on.

All it says is:

Recently you got phished or keylogged or leaked your pass some how.

Or you some how got on a brute force hacking list of some china based gold farming company that is dumb enough to use advance hacking methods on rs. (most common method being: you bought from them)

A LOT of hacking.

Not saying he shouldn't have had a bank pin or anything, its just unavoidable for a few people right now.

and i doubt i have a keylogger or phished, i have checked and double checked my computer for anything and there is nothing, i have even been downloading about 5 different anti- virus and keyloggers and other things to remove it but there is nothing there.

however, if your saying people can be hacked because they have RWT then i think they deserve to loose their account. -.-

Lynxrockstar.png

Pretty much every rs hacking case that comes up getting posted about can be traced back to a user fault opposed to just bad luck.

Genuine hackings done by brute force methods are really really really rare, if you get hacked its safe to say you did something.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

hmm.

Back on Topic anyway.

If you go onto the Runescape Official Forums, in the Account security section there is a thread "I have bee hijacked" just post on their the details they ask for and the IP of the person who hacked you, they should get it sorted.

Hope this helps.

Lynxrockstar.png

Pretty much every rs hacking case that comes up getting posted about can be traced back to a user fault opposed to just bad luck.

Genuine hackings done by brute force methods are really really really rare, if you get hacked its safe to say you did something.

+1(and i don't say that often to him)

What most people called getting 'hacked' usually means something along the lines of 'i was stupid and my items were taken because of it'. I haven't really heard of any cases in which it's not the persons own fault(easy passwords/recoveries/recovery questions, storming every phishing site you find, downloading stuff you aren't sure about and so forth. ITS YOUR FAULT!).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

ITS YOUR FAULT!.

That is not always the persons fault.

It usually is linked with the account's owner in one shape or form. The only way where it can't be linked is if they hacked Jagex and quite frankly, they wouldn't hack Jagex just for one or two RuneScape accounts. Even if they gained access to the database, the salts would take an extraordinary amount of computational power to crack. Unless they happen to own NORAD then they're out of luck.

@OP: If you still don't have access to your account, then use the following thread:

[qfc]275-276-10-62906860[/qfc]

It will notify Jagex of what is happening and they will lock your account.

Scan your computer with Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Be sure to change your password and recoveries after you scan, this way if you have a keylogger it won't be a wasted effort. (They won't be able to do anything with your account if it's been locked.)

If the scans come up clean then most likely your recoveries or password have been guessed by someone that you know.

j0xPu5R.png

ITS YOUR FAULT!.

It usually is linked with the account's owner in one shape or form. The only way where it can't be linked is if they hacked Jagex and quite frankly, they wouldn't hack Jagex just for one or two RuneScape accounts. Even if they gained access to the database, the salts would take an extraordinary amount of computational power to crack. Unless they happen to own NORAD then they're out of luck.

Over 1400 people have been hacked over the last 2 weeks, that to me does not look like coincidence at all.

Lynxrockstar.png

It probably was my own fault for not having a bank pin. Would I have had one the the loss would be karils set + whip + fury + dfs. Now the damage is a lot more :( I check and the person lives in Michigan. The Netherlands here so I'm not going to be able to kick the person's butt :P

Thnx alot for all the help guys. I posted in the "I've been hijacked" thread earlier today so I hope something can be done :) Did Jagex ever give the items of a caught hijacker back to the person they belonged too? (I guess not but maybe there's a small chance I'll see some of my items back haha)

ITS YOUR FAULT!.

Over 1400 people have been hacked over the last 2 weeks, that to me does not look like coincidence at all.

My account is like the same as yours: ~7 years old and never been hacked. Stupid bots and hackers taking over RS :(:P

ITS YOUR FAULT!.

There are millions of people playing this game. That's just a drop in the pool compared to the amount of people playing. Don't forget the large quantity of scam emails linking to phishing sites or account powerleveling sites that turn out to be phishing sites anyway. Perhaps the Playstation Network hack a little while ago could have contributed to a few of them (same password as their RuneScape account with same name), but it's mostly the other examples I mentioned.

As I said, if they hacked into Jagex they would do a lot more than just take a few RuneScape accounts. You would see the highest leveled players be taken down first. And, as I said, it's not even possible to begin with. There's a reason why they use supercomputers for codebreaking, and well your personal computer just wouldn't cut it.

@OP, RS Wiki has also had some keyloggers in their advertisements recently. It's not their fault, but I know quite a few people who have had their computers and accounts compromised by it. So be careful when going on there.

j0xPu5R.png

http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/

Check if the "hacker" lives near you. In that case the one to blame might not be so far away...

Good idea.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

ITS YOUR FAULT!.

There are millions of people playing this game. That's just a drop in the pool compared to the amount of people playing. Don't forget the large quantity of scam emails linking to phishing sites or account powerleveling sites that turn out to be phishing sites anyway. Perhaps the Playstation Network hack a little while ago could have contributed to a few of them (same password as their RuneScape account with same name), but it's mostly the other examples I mentioned.

As I said, if they hacked into Jagex they would do a lot more than just take a few RuneScape accounts. You would see the highest leveled players be taken down first. And, as I said, it's not even possible to begin with. There's a reason why they use supercomputers for codebreaking, and well your personal computer just wouldn't cut it.

@OP, RS Wiki has also had some keyloggers in their advertisements recently. It's not their fault, but I know quite a few people who have had their computers and accounts compromised by it. So be careful when going on there.

In addition to this how can you think 1400 is a lot?

The players online now averages at 100,000+

So 1,400 is less than 1/100 of the players on at any given time, less than 1/200 at peak times.

And as pointed out there's MILLIONS of accounts that 100,000 online accounts for about 1/100 of the total accounts. meaning this big 1400 over the past two weeks makes up 1/10,000 of total accounts.

It is literally like a drop in the ocean; in fact as hacking goes its a pretty darn low hack rate given jagex's size and the real life profits that can be made via hacking. I wouldn't call the hack rate high until we hit maybe 1/500 of total accounts being hacked in a short time frame (that would be 20,000 accounts) and even thats kinda a low estimate really.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Way to kick him while he's down.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Apparently, a lot of recent hackings are linked to malware from ads on RS Wiki.

Can someone verify this?

I don't see how, unless you click on the adds. As far as clicking them goes, I've heard of people being hacked by clicking adverts on sites such as zybez before.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

With the systems and security measures Jagex has in place, to brute force a simple 6 length password with no special characters/spaces would take well over a century. Brute forcing and real "hacking" is out of the question.

Either the "hacker" knew enough about you / your recoveries were poorly set that they guessed them, you downloaded a key-logger or visited a phishing site, or shared your password with someone, there is no other means of recovering someone else' account.

09144a99bb.png