Trollbomber's Blog To Completionist - Max Cape Achieved

Started fishing rocktails yesterday since my online classes started up. Should get 93 fishing in the next week from continuing that.

Mined a little bit tonight, but only about 80k xp or so. I think I can still get 94 this week if I'm lucky (with the help of effigy stages of course), but if not I'll surely have it next week.

Sold the little bit of gold and rocktails I fished and bought some cannonballs, grabbed my hati gloves, and headed to cave crawlers. Although I've "wasted" plenty of xp in the past on combat skills past 99, I wanted to test how much pure ranged xp I could get from these gloves, seeing as that's the last combat skill aside from prayer I need to max. After a little over an hour I left there with +200k range xp (no effigies sadly), and had 85% left on my gloves. This means my gloves should have a little more than ~1.1M range xp left to gain on them, which will put me about 500k away from 99 when I'm done. I'll easily get the rest of that xp from my cannon while at frosts. Kind of weird to know that once I'm 99 range, 99% of all my range xp will have come from just cannoning stuff :P

Hunter has been put on the backburner as I still have no desire to train it. Tbh I'm not as excited for the 90s skillcape as I though I would be, so I'll just get around to it eventually.

Trollbomber.png

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was pretty busy near the end of last week/early weekend so I didn't play much. However I managed to get a lot of mining in today (975k total, 425k of that from effigies), which gave me this:

120122220214.png

Which allowed me to boost to open my 17 sated mining effigies:

120122221145.png

I'm going to work on 94 mining tomorrow, and 95 within the next week.

I also figured up how much money I need to finish my remaining buyables (prayer, smithing, fletching), and ended up with ~270M. That's ~100 hrs of frost dragon killing, so I'm going to begin working on that while I'm not skilling.

Trollbomber.png

Nice lvl's u got there! :D

what's that thing you have in yur inventory? looks strange ;)

anyhow good luck on maxing out! It's a nice goal.. :thumbsup:

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!

Nice lvl's u got there! :D

what's that thing you have in yur inventory? looks strange ;)

anyhow good luck on maxing out! It's a nice goal.. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

The mining urns fill up just as every other urns do and teleport away for 625 xp, and the juju mining potions give you a chance of having any ore mined sent directly to your bank (for 5 minutes/dose), which is very convenient.

Trollbomber.png

Got another mining level tonight:

120124204615.png

764k off 95, so I shouldn't have a problem getting it within the next week. Played a lot of MW3 while I was mining, so my xp rates were low, but oh well.

After mining is done, I'll only need 97 firemaking (1.46M from), 92 agility (610k from but have 88% skoll boots left), and 94 construction (225k from, aka 8 more days of assists) before I open my effigies finally. If I get the other stats before construction then I'll spend a bit of cash to get it and open the effigies early. Looking at no longer than 8 days otherwise.

After those are all taken care, I'm going to begin DGing a bit more (248k from 102) and killing frosts also to begin saving for my remaining buyables (0M/270M lol).

Also, I finally managed to buy JOAT. I made the dumb mistake of cancelling my membership near the end of last year when I thought I was "quitting" once again, which screwed me over seeing as I rejoined the next month anyway <_< , then the ass-clown that hacked me wasted most of my loyalty points on titles, otherwise I would have had JOAT last month. Oh well. This week's + next week's penguins, February's troll invasion, 8 days of JOAT on runecrafting, and all random event xp lamps will get me 92 RC right before I start opening them up (203k from atm). Doesn't make a huge bit of difference waiting to start using dragonkins 1 level higher (~1.3k more xp/lamp), but all the extra xp helps regardless. All xp rewards will be going to agility after 99 RC.

Trollbomber.png

Botting LRC. I see you there.

What's a bot?

Well, I've decided to change up my playstyle a bit and decided to change some of my recent plans:

• First and foremost I will continue saving effigies for the time being. The thought of dumping them all to get 99 runecrafting sounds great, but I don't really want to block an effigy combo already, especially with how many more potential effigies I stand to gain from glacors/frosts.
  • I am going to begin doing the shattered heart activity and collecting rocks weekly. I don't believe I have any pieces in my POH yet, so this will probably last for a full 30 weeks (do rocks reset when penguins do?).
  • I will try to kill Bork every day.
  • I will begin doing TOG every week to help out with my lowest skill.
  • I will continue to apply xp-rewards from random event lamps, troll invasion, penguin points, and JOAT to runecrafting.
  • Aside from collecting construction rocks via mahagony tables, all construction xp will continue to come from the daily 30k xp in assists.

All of these should hopefully help me enjoy the game a bit more and ease some of the grind.

I've heard that Glacors still make fairly decent profit (similar to frosts) despite my unfortunate luck with them last time I tried, so I will be returning to them after BXPW (I want to use overloads on my trips, and I'll have plenty). Until then, I will be killing frosts to build a stash of Glacor supplies alongside everything else I listed. I've managed to buy ~11k cannonballs from selling the gold ore I'ved mined recently and will be using them at cave crawlers for more pure range xp with my Hati Gloves (85% remaining) soon to get 98 ranged (buying hex). Also want to use up my Skoll Boots (88% remaining) as well. If Glacors turn out to be alright money, I will most likely be camping them heavily after BXPW to use up my overloads and continue to collect effigies. Theoretically I stand to gain another ~120 or so from them by the time I reach 10k kills, but I'll probably gain several more from frosts trips until then.

Looking back, my mind changes a hell of a lot on my goals. Maybe one day I'll stick to one, but probably not.

Trollbomber.png

Awesome work on those skills. Seems like you love using those effigies...But then, who doesn't?

Good luck with your goals :)

Thanks. I had a lot of fun opening all the stages, that's for sure. Still have never used a dragonkin and (for the time being) don't plan on using them for a while. Can't wait for the day I do though :)

So last night I bought some gear to return to Glacors after not having gone for a couple of months. I killed 70, and was greeted by my first death since I've logged my kills. I re-overloaded while killing the glacytes, prayer switched at the wrong time on one of the attacks, and got took a few melee hits from glacytes all at once, causing me to die. From that point on I just decided to re-overload in between kills for safe measure. I didn't get an effigy out of the 70 kills even though the rate is 1/70, so Glacors clearly don't drop them anymore. I raged to Jagex on the RSOF.

I managed to break even with just a tiny bit of profit. Not sure where people get the 3-4M/hr rate of profit for these at. I'm assuming it's an average of all boots + shards in a given time, so maybe I'm just having bad luck. I kept all of my gear for frosts as well, so I'll be switching back and forth between the two over time to make money.

Trollbomber.png

The 3-4m/h ratios come assuming all boots are equally common (or rare), estimated drop rate being somewhere between 1/300 - 1/400 and kill count 45-50 / hour. Of course these are only estimates. People can get upto 55-60 kills / hour, which should be around 5m profit / hour. According to my empirical tests with Glacors, 3m / hour seems reasonable in the long run even if you can't kill 50+ /hour. :)

u5zhkTY.gif

The 3-4m/h ratios come assuming all boots are equally common (or rare), estimated drop rate being somewhere between 1/300 - 1/400 and kill count 45-50 / hour. Of course these are only estimates. People can get upto 55-60 kills / hour, which should be around 5m profit / hour. According to my empirical tests with Glacors, 3m / hour seems reasonable in the long run even if you can't kill 50+ /hour. :)

Thanks, that's what I figured.

I killed another 51 Glacors last night in 55 minutes, which puts me spot on in that average range of kills. Not effigies or boots but at least broke even. Started taking screenshots of my inventory after trips for better logging charms/shards/loot ect. and I'll post it later.

Trollbomber.png

To answer the question regarding Shattered Heart, you can build your statue once every 7 days, and it's 7 days from your last completion. I the first one I've done in this cycle of attempting to complete the POH statue, and have all the rocks ready to go by the next Friday. Same deal, but you just have to pick your day to complete it.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

To answer the question regarding Shattered Heart, you can build your statue once every 7 days, and it's 7 days from your last completion. I the first one I've done in this cycle of attempting to complete the POH statue, and have all the rocks ready to go by the next Friday. Same deal, but you just have to pick your day to complete it.

Awesome, thanks. I figured they were similar to TOG. Haven't done them this week yet, but going to work on them this weekend. Gonna take care of TOG/Bork/Penguins today though.

Haven't posted here in a while, but you seriously never slow down..it's crazy. Maxing obviously will not be any kind of issue.

Thanks. Honestly I've kind of slowed down a lot here lately and done some xp-wasting *cough*glacors*cough*... so I'm gonna try to get back into the swing of skilling again. Might try and knock out 90 hunter this weekend for my 90s cape already.

Trollbomber.png

Went ahead and killed Bork. Pleased with the 10 blues/17 crims + gems I got, so I will definitely be doing this everyday due to the minimal effort involved. Now at ~350 crimson/3100 blue charms banked.

Did JOAT for 8.2k rc xp and TOG for 11k hunting xp. Also went to go check the statue in Varrock to see how far I even was, and needed thief/craft/cook/fletch rocks to finish my current one. Stole from master farmers for a bit for the rocks. 16k thieving xp after all was said and done. Kinda looking forward to small xp increments here and there for all my skills rather than grinding :)

Also, my Glacors trip from last night. Lasted 55 minutes and got 51 kills. My average kills/trip were at 32 while using extremes/iron titan, and I think I can easily do 55-60 kills/trip now with ovls/steel titan.

120126200827.png

Trollbomber.png

Made another trip to Glacors that got cut short by a couple of idiots. Don't understand why people insist on making Glacors difficult for themselves and others:

120127172507.png

So only managed 21 kills:

120127173128.png

I imagine I'll just go back to skilling tonight to gather the rest of my rocks instead =/

Trollbomber.png

Had an odd desire to do some hunter, and ended up doing 413k xp in 2 hours (637 draconics, 145 commons):

120127234126.png

503k from 90 hunter now, and my last level holding me back from my 90s cape. I might try to go for it tomorrow if I'm feeling in the mood to hunt again, but I doubt it. I at least wanna finish up my first week of shattered heart and do penguins tomorrow if nothing else.

Trollbomber.png

Made 2 frost trips (80 mins ea) so that I could buy my dragon pick back (+1 effigy):

120129193416.png

120129211001.png

Used up the rest of my spare overloads, and don't feel like boosting to waste BXPW supplies, so I won't be doing anymore major combat until after I make all of them, which means I'll be doing a skilling montage until then.

Goals to have before BXPW (in no particular order):

• 96 Mining (LRC gold + opening gorged mining)
  • 94 Agility (Skoll boots @ GAA + opening gorged agility + dragonkins)
  • 96 Herblore (Cleaning fellstalk/making renewals + opening gorged herblore)
  • 94 Fishing (Rocktails)
  • 97 Firemaking (Jadinko Lair)
  • 97 Woodcutting (Jadinko Lair + Ivy + opening gorged woodcutting)
  • 99 Runecrafting (Lamps from D&Ds + opening sated/gorged runecrafting + dragonkins)
  • 95 Farming (Fellstalk)
  • 95 Construction (Daily assists + opening gorged construction)
  • 90 Hunter (Draconics)

I know I said I was going to wait, but I'm beginning to run low on bank space mainly due to effigies, so I will be opening them right before BXPW. Yes, this will block an effigy combo, but I'm not too entirely concerned about it. During BXPW the first few hours will be spent making overloads (1460 to make), followed by training agility the rest of the weekend. All this should put me at 2412 total, give or take a random level or two. If I have time/dungeons are available, I'll easily get 102, maybe 103 in that time span. If not then I've got plenty of other stuff to keep me busy.

In other news, I've continued to kill Bork each day, do JOAT, and work on collecting statue pieces when I can. Finished collecting the few rocks I needed for statue piece 1/30 today.

Trollbomber.png

Been a little while since I've updated this. I was busy most of the week moving into my new place, so I didn't have any time to play until today. I did however get a lot done today though.

I started off with spending a couple of hours at draconics to finally finish up 90 Hunter:

120204151556.png

Which of course led to me making my new fancy cape:

120204152826.png

I was 100k off a fishing level, so I chilled at rocktails for a bit:

120204211357.png

After doing my daily construction assist, I was only 15k off 94 so I decided to go ahead and build a few tables to get it:

120204220953.png

After doing penguins, troll invasion, and JOAT, I was only 18k off 92 runecrafting, so I did a little ZMI and with the help of the strange rocks I quickly got, I managed to get this:

120204221202.png

I did a coupe of occult floors, leaving me 65k off 102 which I just bought with tokens. Yeah, no way I'm going to be able to save all my tokens until 119:

120205014420.png

A few of my clan mates were killing Glacors which made me jealous while I skilled, so thanks to a loan from Naive (I've got pretty good credit :wink: ) I managed to buy some Glacor killing supplies and make a small trip (36 kills) down there. No luck with any boots or effigies (~200 kills dry effigy-wise, my luck is bound to pick up soon). Used a few BXPW overload supplies, but I'll be fine.

120205003649.png

Finally ended with another random level:

120205021327.png

Overall was a decent day. Got quite a few strange rocks, so I should be able to finish week #2 sometime soon. Got some stuff to do tomorrow, so if I manage to play at all, I'm going to work towards 95 Mining. Only need 1 agility, 1 mining, and 1 firemaking level now until I can open my effigies :)

Trollbomber.png

Feels like I haven't posted in a little while, so thought I would do that real quick.

I've been keeping up on my D&Ds pretty well for the most part, aside from strange rocks. I seem to have pretty bad luck when it comes to farming/cooking rocks just to name a couple, so a completed statue in 30 weeks definitely won't happen. Maybe by the end of this year instead, who knows. I did however add the new flasks as a sort of D&D for me seeing as it's a daily activity. I don't have any use for the flasks right now, so I'll continue to sell them for a while, and might consider using them once I start MHing later this year, but it just depends on the prices.

I've been spending most of my time playing this week in the LRC mining gold, working towards 95 mining. Getting pretty close, as I'm only 165k away now. I should get it either tomorrow or Saturday.

After that, I only need 97 Firemaking (967k from) and 92 Agility (554k from) until I can open my effigies. Looks like it's going to happen this weekend for sure, as those two levels won't take very long.

After that, I'm going to continue to work towards the other levels I wanted to achieve prior to BXPW.

Trollbomber.png