Fletching Question

Teryaki

Im lv92 Fletching right now..

Im only gonna put in about 20m at max to get as much exp as i can with it.. (as fast as possible)

ive been stringing yew longs... and tried addy bolts(about 15gp/xp loss) which is horrible... maybe something that can get me like 2m exp with my 20m that wud be great, thx in advance for your help.

Sig-BlackOps-DjTeryaki.jpg

If you only want like 2m xp you could do either addy or broad arrows. Broads are faster but you need to unlock the ability to make them first. Addy arrows are about 360k xp/hour and 9.5 gp/xp. Broad arrows are about 540k xp/hour and 8.5 gp/xp. That would pretty much chew up all of that 20m though. I'd just string magic longbows but I'm cheap.

You could also do a mix of the fastest method with some stringing. If I remember right, you profit if you go from yew logs -> stung yew longs, then use that profit to do the faster methods. But only if you break your 20m budget

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

Whatever you do, don't do yew longs.... You should be doing at least magic longs. Stringing yew longs do make more profit but you lose 30k xp/hour instead of doing magic longs and making a very small profit. Broad bolts are slower than addy. They only give 30 xp/10 bolts vs 70 xp/10 bolts for addy. Stringing magic longs is about 185k xp/hour and makes a slight profit it's probably your best option if you don't want to spend all of your money but want a decently fast xp rate. There's really no in between the only two you should be doing are either broad arrows if you have the cash or stringing magic longs. Or you could make addy bolts (idk what you're doing to get 15 gp/xp but they're only about 6 gp/xp) while you do something else.

Personally I'd spend the money and do broad arrows then make more money doing something else and go back to more broad arrows later. But that's only because I'm in no rush to get 99. If you're in a rush for 99 just spend some cash for some quick xp but leave enough cash to continue with magic longs for the rest of the xp.

yeah i started fletching broad arrows, figure ill use them for slayer or sumthing..

i NEED to leave at least 500m to merch with so that leaves me with little room for error... but ill manage...

thanks for all the help.

Sig-BlackOps-DjTeryaki.jpg

Assuming you're merching right (you do have a 500 m cash pile) you should be looking at more expensive fletching methods.

As everybody said yews suck (especially since you have access to magics).

Anyhow, broad bolts are kind of annoying (the exp got nerfed and according to grimy - it's about 77k an hour). One good thing is that you can sell the broad bolts pretty fast.

You don't really need the insane amounts of broad bolts that you're going to gain even if you training slayer.

TBH, with the cannon and a select task - you probably won't end up needing that much range exp at all.

capt%20kevin.png

You can check out my [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] spreadsheets @ www.[Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] if you want a breakdown of all the [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] per hour if you want the details.

it's worth noting that you can speed up a lot of fletching training methods by making 1 set of ammo at a time.

I prefer to not rush my fletching.

there's many things to do on the way to maxing, where you can find time to fletch ammo in between.

Most notably, livid farm.

I believe broad arrows are most efficient even at as low as like 1.5 mil gp/hour income.

But you don't really necessarily need that speed if you plan to fletch as a means of multitasking.

Naaxi.png

Wait, posting a link to another fan site is now against jagex's rules? Damn musta missed that one.

This is where I got the info from for the stuff I told you.

Aww I was just trying to help too bad I can't in the help and advice forum. FYI apparently it's against jagex's rules to link to spreadsheets on google now.

Edited by obfuscator
link removed

Wait, posting a link to another fan site is now against jagex's rules? Damn musta missed that one.

This is where I got the info from for the stuff I told you.

Aww I was just trying to help too bad I can't in the help and advice forum. FYI apparently it's against jagex's rules to link to spreadsheets on google now.

Just grimys fansite. There's a huge group of people including myself over there that advocate using a program that is considered by some tip.it admins/mods to be against jagexs rules. At least that's what I understand, if I'm wrong someone please correct me.

either way it sucks cuz half the questions that get asked in H&A could be answered by looking at grimy's sheets.

Edited by obfuscator
link removed from quote

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Not that this really answers your question, but you really shouldn't be using broad arrows for slayer.

Just grimys fansite. There's a huge group of people including myself over there that advocate using a program that is considered by some tip.it admins/mods to be against jagexs rules. At least that's what I understand, if I'm wrong someone please correct me.

either way it sucks cuz half the questions that get asked in H&A could be answered by looking at grimy's sheets.

It's not the program that is illegal (or we'd have censored it) but some applications of it which are advocated by a certain thread on Grimy's forum. And afaik you can still directly link the spreadsheets, so I don't see the problem.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted