Living minerals

tripler_4

They dipped to 120 last time, then rose to 190, before that they were dipped to *thinks* it was a while ago, but i think it was dipping to 300 and rising back to 400 for a while. They'll go back up eventually, they fluctuate like everything else. :)

*disclaimer* I have a slight interest in them myself.

ffa548f0d9632f46ade2875172a47d39.png

The reason they have crashed so hard is because of the massive amounts of bots who ragequit black demons and went to camp Living Rock Creatures instead.

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

The reason they have crashed so hard is because of the massive amounts of bots who ragequit black demons and went to camp Living Rock Creatures instead.

Wow does this mean i can actually do my black demon slayer task now. Been put off by ut for days as i thought they were heavily botted at trav dung

no black demons are still full of bots, I was there last night on task, the bots arent moving from one spot to another, more bots are being created so the new ones have to find new places to go...

Sounds like a matter of time b4 bots r every where

they already are everywhere, hopefully Jagex's post on the 16th saying that they are seriously persuing all bots and plan to take severe action is the truth and not more nonsense....

I actually am wondering if they have a customer service number that members could call to complain about bots and threaten to unsubscribe if they dont take care of it...

thegame1431.png

are you sure that they have to fix it? I guess if the game ends up being 75% bots and 25% real players, maybe, but until it gets to the point that it hurts their profits, I doubt they will care. Jagex is a corporation and as such cares first and foremost about their profits, and mostly their short term profits, not the long term health of their product and the satisfaction of their customers. They only care about those two things as it relates back to making maximum profit, that is all they care about....

thegame1431.png

are you sure that they have to fix it? I guess if the game ends up being 75% bots and 25% real players, maybe, but until it gets to the point that it hurts their profits, I doubt they will care. Jagex is a corporation and as such cares first and foremost about their profits, and mostly their short term profits, not the long term health of their product and the satisfaction of their customers. They only care about those two things as it relates back to making maximum profit, that is all they care about....

Citation needed. Especially the part about them only caring about short term profits.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

citation needed? Actions speak louder then any citation, how about BXP, that is meant to keep members paying for an extra month after school is started, but ruins the integrity of the game by allowing people signed on during that time to get extra experience in exchange for them getting an extra month's paid membership.

Their complete lack of real anti bot mechanism says another, they trade the short term extra memberships paid for by the account holders of these bots, but threaten the long term viability of the game by allowing it to be overtaken by these bots.....

How about the new membership loyalty, so now for being a paid customer you get better rewards....

The only thing left is a Jagex sponsored RWT site that allows you to buy RS gold and items for real life cash that is paid to Jagex itself......

thegame1431.png

Used to never see anyone down at living rock caverns while i did my slayer assisgnments, but have noticed a huge increase of players/bots down there recently. Must be the reason for the crash in price.

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

citation needed? Actions speak louder then any citation, how about BXP, that is meant to keep members paying for an extra month after school is started, but ruins the integrity of the game by allowing people signed on during that time to get extra experience in exchange for them getting an extra month's paid membership.

How does this ruin the integrity of the game? Its fairly common for MMO's to offer some sort of bonus exp for different things. Does getting bonus exp for using flame gloves and a fire ring ruin the integrity of firemaking? No. And last I checked they do BXPW in march as well. And even if they did do it in september for that reason, that's good long-term planning for getting an extra month of subscriptions every year they normally wouldn't have had them.

Their complete lack of real anti bot mechanism says another, they trade the short term extra memberships paid for by the account holders of these bots, but threaten the long term viability of the game by allowing it to be overtaken by these bots.....

The lack of anti-bot actions could be for a number of reasons. If you don't have proof that they arent banning them for that reason then you can't say its true, find proof or don't post spam.

How about the new membership loyalty, so now for being a paid customer you get better rewards....

Seems like a great way of rewarding people for staying committed to a game, and again is a great example of long term business planning. Not sure what your point with this is besides to contradict yourself.

The only thing left is a Jagex sponsored RWT site that allows you to buy RS gold and items for real life cash that is paid to Jagex itself......

Worse things could happen, and actually from a business standpoint its a great idea. WoW makes a ton of money from people who buy their vanity pets that cost them proverbial pennies to code. This would be a good move in my opinion, more money from stuff like that =more money to hire people to create content or ban bots.

Debunked.

Bladewing.png

debunked??? LOL all those things you posted either dont make sense, or are complete nonsense.... and dont lie and call something spam that isnt, just cause you dont agree because you arent smart enough to see it doesnt make it spam.

Getting one extra month is short term not long term, long term planning would be to get the most subscribers 5 years from now, not right now cause kids are going back to school, a long term plan would be to diversify its customer base to be not dependent on 12-17 year olds with limited income and who are cyclical players, that would be true long term planning.

the sentence of their reasons for anti-bot mechanism that you posted makes no sense, they say their goal is to eliminate bots, but they show no significant effort to get rid of them.

Bonus weekends, many feel ruin the integrity of the game because skills that normall would take a long time to level now can be done in a fraction of the time, all under the ruse, that they dont care about you getting faster exp they just want kids to subscribe for an extra month, if you cant see that, there is no hope for you.

A better way to reward a customer is a rewards program that gives them 1 free month as a reward, but you never reward with in game content, because smart people can see right through that and know that you are really just trying to give members more content then non-members to try to convince non-members to pay..

Please dont be so naive... maybe when you get older you will understand that the only thing that matters to corporations is profit, and nothing else matters. If anything else matters, be sure to know that it only matters as much as it affects profits.....

thegame1431.png

debunked??? LOL all those things you posted either dont make sense, or are complete nonsense.... and dont lie and call something spam that isnt, just cause you dont agree because you arent smart enough to see it doesnt make it spam.

Getting one extra month is short term not long term, long term planning would be to get the most subscribers 5 years from now, not right now cause kids are going back to school, a long term plan would be to diversify its customer base to be not dependent on 12-17 year olds with limited income and who are cyclical players, that would be true long term planning.

the sentence of their reasons for anti-bot mechanism that you posted makes no sense, they say their goal is to eliminate bots, but they show no significant effort to get rid of them.

Bonus weekends, many feel ruin the integrity of the game because skills that normall would take a long time to level now can be done in a fraction of the time, all under the ruse, that they dont care about you getting faster exp they just want kids to subscribe for an extra month, if you cant see that, there is no hope for you.

A better way to reward a customer is a rewards program that gives them 1 free month as a reward, but you never reward with in game content, because smart people can see right through that and know that you are really just trying to give members more content then non-members to try to convince non-members to pay..

Please dont be so naive... maybe when you get older you will understand that the only thing that matters to corporations is profit, and nothing else matters. If anything else matters, be sure to know that it only matters as much as it affects profits.....

I get the feeling you're emotional and just need a good internet fight. I pm'd you my response so that mods don't get on my back.

Bladewing.png

it actually is on topic, since the reason for living minerals dropping is because of botting. The root cause of botting is Jagex's unwillingness to get rid of bots, but we have taken this discussion to PM, even though it is 100% on topic as it is the root cause of the price drop.

The prices of living minerals will continue to drop until the price of them drops far enough to make them less valuable than the next best item for bots.

thegame1431.png

it actually is on topic, since the reason for living minerals dropping is because of botting. The root cause of botting is Jagex's unwillingness to get rid of bots, but we have taken this discussion to PM, even though it is 100% on topic as it is the root cause of the price drop.

The prices of living minerals will continue to drop until the price of them drops far enough to make them less valuable than the next best item for bots.

...No. It's not on topic because it's a tangent that does not answer the question.

Question:

In regards to living minerals how low do you think they could possibly go??

and do you think they will rise back up again. or stay at 80 or less for good?

Talking about what anti bot measures or Jagex's business goals have no place in this thread. Do not turn this into a bot discussion. Simply answer the question and move on, this goes for everyone in the thread. Further posts will be removed.

hzvjpwS.gif