18-Jul-2011 - Cryptic Clue Fest 3 - UPDATED WITH ALL ANSWERS

Pirkka

Someone is trolling RS wiki and changing the items required for each day, don't trust it for now.

All solutions:

[hide]Before every "clue" you need to talk to Avalani to give her the "weird sparkling stones".

Day 1: 5 Cabbage, 4 Onion, 3 Cow Hide - Avalani(Clan Camp)

Day 2: 2 Bread, 5 Anchovie(cooked), 1 Garlic - Murky Matt(GE)

Day 3: 7 Water rune, 4 Fire rune, 6 Body rune - Wizard Mizgog(Wizard's tower, top floor)

Day 4: 2 Mind Rune, 3 Rope, 4 Logs(normal tree), 4 Leather gloves - Gem trader(Al Kharid)

All items must be unnoted.[/hide]

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This clue is the easiest clue I've ever seen.. Took me 2 seconds to figure out what it was and what everything meant. (Yay for Treasure Trail maps..)

How do you go from Sudoku to "Here are the places to get the items, go get them." :rolleyes:

Btw, four "sets" items today? It's been 3 for like, ever.

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

This clue is the easiest clue I've ever seen.. Took me 2 seconds to figure out what it was and what everything meant. (Yay for Treasure Trail maps..)

How do you go from Sudoku to "Here are the places to get the items, go get them." :rolleyes:

Btw, four "sets" items today? It's been 3 for like, ever.

Yeah, the only "difficult" bit of the maps is figuring where the map is for, which given f2pness makes the search much easier.

Took me all of 5 minutes to find all the spots and even that was delayed by like 3 minutes of irl distractions and scrolling around not twigging draynor one straight away. (for some reason the lack of manor or bank or prison threw me)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So the numbers go:

[hide]

14 2

3 7

Based on the skill icons at their edges, in this arrangement you get no broken icons

[/hide]

I guess the images are

[hide]

Wool, gold bar, eye of newt and air runes

[/hide]

so:

[hide]

14 wool

2 gold bar

3 air rune

7 eye of newt

[/hide]

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think there's more to it than that.

The grid below the pictures has skill icons/ half icons. I've never seen a puzzle like that. I'm guessing it's some sort of math/logic puzzle.

In addition, I'm not sure that's a ball of wool. It looks metallic.

The bottom left picture depicts a a connect 4 grid, some dice and various game pieces. My best guess would be Burthorpe games room related but I have no clue what that could mean.

No; because its f2p only.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

could be bronze wire

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I looked it up, and all the pictures except the top left are from the god letters, which fits with the quote. Don't see how that helps though, probably just reusing artwork.

The bottom part can be cut up and rearranged in Paint, to show how many of each you need.

All the pictures are from god letters and they have been edited.

I think the answer is 2 bronze(or iron) pickaxes, 3 beer glasses, 14 air runes and 7 knives

Haven't tried it yet though.

eye of newt is not free to play

Yes it is. We can buy them in Port Sarim.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Since it's mentioned in the clue that

The Gods toy with us, ferrying their messages to and fro.

do you think we have to refer to the God Letters regarding the items?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

im thinking the pictures r ball of wool, gold bars, game necklace, and skull.

i can figure out the skill icons for the quantity though

The games necklace is a member's item.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I think the answer is 2 bronze(or iron) pickaxes, 3 beer glasses, 14 air runes and 7 knives

Didnt work.

Popoto.~<3

I was right

Answer

2 iron picks, 3 beer glasses, 14 air runes and 7 knifes