18-Jul-2011 - Cryptic Clue Fest 3 - UPDATED WITH ALL ANSWERS

Pirkka

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple of us stupid questions about the cryptic clues.

First of all is there any place that lists the answers to all the clues.

Where is the clan citadel I have not been playing Rune scape for the last few months and got behind this apparently is a new area but I'm not familiar with can someone tell me where it at.

How come we got the reward on the 6th day when they said it would take 7 days to complete. :o

Portal can't be 100% ready tomorrow either because their countdown still has 2 days left on it, so it would be coming on Tuesday.

How come we got the reward on the 6th day when they said it would take 7 days to complete. :o

Portal can't be 100% ready tomorrow either because their countdown still has 2 days left on it, so it would be coming on Tuesday.

News says:

This time around, Avalanis studies will take 7 days and 6 gruelling clues must be solved in order to understand the mystery of the stone portal.

6 days of clues 19th through 24th

7th day of her studies is the 25th

Portal is ready on 26th

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Where is the clan citadel I have not been playing Rune scape for the last few months and got behind this apparently is a new area but I'm not familiar with can someone tell me where it at.

I believe on the last page back someone listed them

They have not been released yet.

Goblin Mail can be easily obtained by searching crates in goblin village.

35b9enp.jpg

I believe on the last page back someone listed them

They have not been released yet.

Goblin Mail can be easily obtained by searching crates in goblin village.

I have to say slightly worrying that the whole "not reading the news thing" has got so bad to the extent where someone completely overlooks a "clan citadels coming in 2 days" image right near top of home page.

But yeah go through the thread, we have all the answers here.

I know I summarised the answers to day 1 2 3 and 4 and others have as well. 5 and 6 also appear in later pages.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

@sy, You should have started a clan just to do these clues, and to be ironic with the nice new opening of Clan Citadels. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I guess we still COULD make one... would be kind of useless though tbh, and more of a community clan. Oh well. :mellow:

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

I don't think Pirkka's been around to update the first post.

If anyone's interested, I've been keeping a list.

day 1:

- 5 cabbages

- 4 onions

- 3 cow hides

day 2:

- 5 cooked anchovies

- 2 bread

- 1 garlic

- talk to Murky Matt in Grand Exchange

day 3:

- 7 water runes

- 4 fire runes

- 6 body runes

- talk to wizard Mizgog in the wizards tower

Day 4:

- 2 minds

- 3 ropes

- 4 standard logs

- 4 leather gloves

- talk to the gem trader in Al-Kharid

Day 5:

- 2 iron picks

- 3 beer glasses

- 14 air runes

- 7 knifes

- Talk to Barnabus Hurma in the Varrock Museum, ground floor.

Day 6:

- 1 Wooden shield

- 6 bronze swords (note NOT long sword or 2h sword, just sword)

- 2 goblin mail

- take to Sir Vyvin in Falador

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Did anyone else notice Avalani's robe bottoms weigh 10.4kg? How many of those rocks did she leave in there? :lol:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Updated the start post, gonna tweak it a bit futher next.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

All done with it now. Going to update whatever comes tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, though. Also reuploaded all the images so they work on any computer and won't disappear if Jagex decides to delete 'em.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Does anyone else get the feeling like Avalani is up to something more than just opening a portal to the "Clan Camps"? I don't know exactly why but the last line on day seven, "For now, so long and thanks for all the rocks." just gives me the feeling that she is up to a little more than opening the portal for clan camps. What do you guys think? Maybe she is really a power hungry Lucien follower and we just gave her the last pieces for the stone of Jas' entrance?! :ohnoes: All kidding aside, I feel that Avalani really could be used more than just for this.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

For now so long because we need to go see her tomorrow to learn about the ritual to access clan citadel?

Also as the armadylian citadels perhaps she will go off and research and find that sky city mention AAAAGGGES ago in god letters and we will find an active armadyl worshipping city and avansies n stuff

And wtf a stone of jas entrance? Lucien has the stone already.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Would I still be able to do the cryptic fest tomorrow or would today be the last day?

Mod Timbo originally planned for it to be removed by tomorrow but has however changed his mind on that, understanding that a lot of people may end up missing out. I can't remember how long he said it'll stay up for but I would seriously recommend doing it by Wednesday at the latest.

Hmmm...Do you need to be in a Clan to do the Cryptic Clue Fest? She brushes me aside when I try to talk to her. Wondering if I missed something while reading the Forums. Please let me know. Thanks!

NVM...I just went and talked to every NPC in the Clan Area, and then came back to spoke to her...she let me start it off then.

Edited by Navyvet1

Hmmm...Do you need to be in a Clan to do the Cryptic Clue Fest? She brushes me aside when I try to talk to her. Wondering if I missed something while reading the Forums. Please let me know. Thanks!

NVM...I just went and talked to every NPC in the Clan Area, and then came back to spoke to her...she let me start it off then.

That's weird. I didn't have any problems with my other acc, and she hasn't spoken to anyone else in the clan camp.