18-Jul-2011 - Cryptic Clue Fest 3 - UPDATED WITH ALL ANSWERS

Pirkka

Gold bar picture is from Letters 7

Skull picture is from Letters 18

Runelink picture is from Letters 24

Last one doesn't appear to be there

Oh well, TUBA's got it :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was jsut on tht trail too; just finished trawling through.

All 4 pictures appear in god letters.

First one the item is changed entirely

Other 3 an item has been removed

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Who did you speak to TUBA?

Its the guy at the table the one between the wall n the desk, not the one with his bk to the statue

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Saphira you do realise the answer has BEEN POSTED?

Posting what you tried and failed is kinda pointless now; its been solved. We don't need more input on what doesn't work, even if you do wish to try it yourself without reading the answer.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Where is the person you speak to? That's the only part I'm not clear on.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

well fine i was wrong to even try and figure it out and get some help in here sorry will not do that again ..... first time I posted on here and you ream me for it ya I did not read ever post opps...

i will tel u nore if u really want to know but dont feel like it right now =D ty lol haha

[hide]The one with his back to the wall at the desk/table beside shattered heart statue.[/hide]

Plv6Dz6.jpg

[hide]The one with his back to the wall at the desk/table beside shattered heart statue.[/hide]

Sorry, I meant where in RS. Like what building is he in?

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

well fine i was wrong to even try and figure it out and get some help in here sorry will not do that again ..... first time I posted on here and you ream me for it ya I did not read ever post opps...

That's not wrong to do, just pointless to continue posting wrong setup after wrong setup once the right answer is posted.

@Kaida Varrock museum. Thought that was kinda blatently obvious from the picture and reference to shattered heart; though tbf I spose f2p means no need to know that.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Thanks Sy. Yeah, no Shattered Heart in F2P.

Is it just me, or are there a lot more references to members content for this CCF than the last two?

That's not wrong to do, just pointless to continue posting wrong setup after wrong setup once the right answer is posted.

Or that particular person would like us to look over what they brought then post clues as to where he/she may have been lead astray, without the blatent "go to this specific spot bring this this and this"

@saphira head to the 'official rsof discussion' topic qfc: 199-200-417-63008333

Over there is much better if you want subtle clues and gradual unraveling of that particular day.

I think it's just you.

Everythings been f2p in some respect.

Sure membership and knowing shattered heart made this particular location more obvious and the clue did include some members skill icons; but even f2p players can freely see all that in-game.

@wormy If people want subtle clues sure, but there's a difference between posting "I took this, don't see where I went wrong" or "I thought it was x y z,, totally stumped now!" which invites nudges and posting "x, y and z is wrong" which is jsut a report back of wrong combos which help re-direct our efforts.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

[spoiler=The full answer, without any confusing BS or discussion]2 iron picks, 3 beer glasses, 14 air runes and 7 knifes

Talk to Barnabus Hurma at Varrock Museum, ground floor.

There, was that so difficult? Don't need to be all ambiguous. And Sy_Accursed, calm down. It's taking longer for you to post your rants than to just say the actual answer.

Thanks Sy. Yeah, no Shattered Heart in F2P.

Is it just me, or are there a lot more references to members content for this CCF than the last two?

It's an obvious promotion drive for the citadel update.

I'm enjoying the outrageous markups for the items, it's peanuts but a pretty penny is a pretty penny.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Kinda off topic, but is there any clue as to the significance of the guy in Christmas ghost robes and a godsword?

It's the ghost of Guthix with a Guthix Godsword.

I'm really confused on how to do this one. Any hints, please? :)

Edit: I might be onto something now..

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

Hints if you so wish

Pictures:

[hide]

Gods play things is important.

[hide]

The graphics are all old, whats something old and linked to the gods?

[hide]

Check the god letters under submissions

[hide]

All 4 pictures feature in a god letter but they all have had an item obscured/removed...

[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

Numbers:

[hide]

Look at the edges, those skill logos don;t match up...

[hide]

Can the 4 quarters be swapped to make things match?

[/hide][/hide]

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Hints if you so wish

Pictures:

[hide]

Gods play things is important.

[hide]

The graphics are all old, whats something old and linked to the gods?

[hide]

Check the god letters under submissions

[hide]

All 4 pictures feature in a god letter but they all have had an item obscured/removed...

[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

Numbers:

[hide]

Look at the edges, those skill logos don;t match up...

[hide]

Can the 4 quarters be swapped to make things match?

[/hide][/hide]

I was on the trail of the items already. I tried one combo, and it didn't work. I guess the numbers don't match up the obvious way.. I know there's something to do with the skills, but I still don't get it.. more hints, please? :)

Edit: Ooohhh I got it! :P Thanks!

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48