18-Jul-2011 - Cryptic Clue Fest 3 - UPDATED WITH ALL ANSWERS

Pirkka

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeha probably a reference to some culty film or game show from days by gone.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Even after solving this clue, can someone explain the logic of the solution to me?

The 4 pictures are from the god letters which is hinted at by the gods play things phrase.

Within the god letters all 4 pictures have an extra item.

Top left the air rune has been obsured

Top right an iron pick is removed

Beer glasses vanished from runelink board and a knife and fork from the skull.

This gives air rune, iron pick, beer glass, knife (since we have knives but not forks in game)

The numbers are hemmed in with skill symbols, but they don;t match up.

You re-arrange the 4 quarters of the image til the skill logos match, when you do this you end up with:

14 2

3 7

Then you match the grid results up

14 air rune

2 iron pick

3 beer glass

7 knife

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Chances are it's a reference to something obscure.

More importantly, Jagex has got to stop using jpg files. This is the 21st century, we have png now...

http://www.turnkeylinux.org/blog/png-vs-jpg

So true!

Png is good, but quality for quality in perceptible terms high quality jpg is just as good and much smaller file size

Plv6Dz6.jpg

A ghost speaking in front of its lair was told to be quiet, so it gave in without a why. Six, sibling from New Zealand and Spain's promise. I hear them eating our arm about twice. Bring me these items to solve their greed.

Waiting on the German/French forum threads to be updated so we can see if there's actual meaning behind the words or if it just an anagram.

edit:

« Si dense, ça ne peut être qu’un duo d’airain.

Un émissaire cornu attaché, entre un et trois, dans la forêt.

Deux cottes pour jumeaux qui boulottent d’un lingot la moitié.

Amenez-moi ces objets pour qu’enfin soit apaisée leur faim. »

French clue is completely different in meaning. So it's just the letters that are important, not the words or their meaning.

Im googling for an anagram solver but I can't find any that can do whole sentences.

A ghost speaking in front of its lair was told to be quiet, so it gave in without a why. Six, sibling from New Zealand and Spain's promise. I hear them eating our arm about twice. Bring me these items to solve their greed.

Waiting on the German/French forum threads to be updated so we can see if there's actual meaning behind the words or if it just an anagram.

From the german RSOF:

Sechs brauchen Onyx, Zeit ist diffizil bis auf Weiteres.

"Ein Wald und ein Schelm, wer an die Bürger denkt.

"Die Wüste Gobi lindert die Aufrüstung doppelt.

Bring mir dies, um ihre Gier zu lösen."

Which is another meaning than the english one, so probably the meaning is irrelevant... i hate anagrams and such. :(

[404] Signature not found.

Just a thought, probably wrong :P

[hide]

"so it gave in without a why."

I'm assuming to give in "without a y" is a synonym for give in without the letter y, comply would work so you get "compl", which might be a part of the greater clue, may have to complete something? [/hide]

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

[hide]

I'm assuming to give in "without a y" is a synonym for give in without the letter y, comply would work so you get "compl", which might be a part of the greater clue, may have to complete something? [/hide]

You're on the right track. I've done the first two, stuck on the last :(

samurai_fly.png

samurai_fly.png

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute and it feels like an hour has passed. Sit with a hot girl for an hour and it only feels like a minute has passed - Ol' Al Onestone.

[hide]

spill!

[hide]

spill!

I don't know how to do the hiding thing though, and I don't want to just give away the answers :P

samurai_fly.png

samurai_fly.png

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute and it feels like an hour has passed. Sit with a hot girl for an hour and it only feels like a minute has passed - Ol' Al Onestone.

[hide]

spill!

I don't know how to do the hiding thing though, and I don't want to just give away the answers :P

hide tags, just copy pasta them:

[hide] Spoiler Here [/hide]

And spill since you've already mentioned it, otherwise..... Knifes are coming out.

Popoto.~<3

from runewiki:

[hide]Wooden Shield (ghost speaking = woo, lair = den, be quiet = sh, gave in without a 'y' = ield)

6 Bronze Sword (Six = 6, Sibling = bro, New Zealand = nz, Spain = s, promise = word) [/hide]

edit: they're gone now. So dunno.

[hide]

spill!

hide tags:

[hide] Spoiler Here [/hide]

Okay, cool.

These are all anagrams and synonyms and such.

First clue:

[hide] A ghost speaking = 'woo', lair = 'den', told to be quiet = 'sh', give in = 'yield', without a "why" = eild, so the answer is wooden shield. [/hide]

Second:

[hide] six is the number. sibling = bro, New Zealand = NZ, (so bronze), spain = 's', promise = word, so the answer is bronze sword. [/hide]

Third:

[hide] not too sure about this one. "our arm" is an anagram of 'armour', but I'm not sure about the rest. Obviously we need two of them though. [/hide]

That's all I've got so far.

EDIT: seems LrdOfDth beat me to the first two.

samurai_fly.png

samurai_fly.png

I feel "I hear" might be Iron

Ah an idea:

I hear = iron

them eatting = plate

them = people = pl

eatting = ate

Plv6Dz6.jpg

"our arm about twice" could be a 2h sword?

I don't think so, that doesn't fit with the style of the other two clues.

samurai_fly.png

samurai_fly.png

I feel "I hear" might be Iron

Ah an idea:

I hear = iron

them eatting = plate

them = people = pl

eatting = ate

I just had the same idea. Testing now :P

samurai_fly.png

samurai_fly.png

Trouble is plate legs or plate body?

Unless its devious and means 2 of each?

or "our arm about twice" some how forms into body or legs

also

"Bring me these items to solve their greed."

I think its aniother item

Bring = take = t

me = you

combined to get t-you = two

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Trouble is plate legs or plate body?

Unless its devious and means 2 of each?

or "our arm about twice" some how forms into body or legs

I tried it with two plate body, plate legs, even plate skirt, but no such luck :/

samurai_fly.png

samurai_fly.png

I feel if we are on the right track 4th item must be steel.

Wooden shield

6 Bronze Swords

2(?) Iron Plate (legs, body, skirt?)

2 ?

Given the progression something steel would make sense

Plv6Dz6.jpg