It's Super Effective!

I don't get this, so I'm going to ask the pokemon people here. So I'm playing pokemon gold, and I want to get an eevee egg so I can have a low leveled Espeon. So I bred a second eevee (with a ditto I'm p sure, but it's been a while since I actually bred it), and now I have a male and female eevee. I put them in the daycare center, and went and walked around for two real life days, but they never had an egg, and whenever I looked at them, they were both "brimming with energy" which when I looked it up apparently means they won't ever have an egg.

So what the hell? They're the same pokemon, and they're definitely in the same egg group, so unless there's some other rule I don't know about, I don't understand why this isn't working.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

For Pokémon of the same Egg Group, if the Defense IVs are the same, and either the Special IVs are the same or 8 off, they are incompatible. This is due to the high likelihood of a family relation, hence the inability to breed. - Bulbapedia (in relation to Generation II games)

Essentially, the game is prohibiting incest. Gamefreak is racist, yo.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

fe2ead2f-e8f2-43a9-9848-a8c0c9e6a6e3.jpg

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Good thing we can incest all we want in the name of perfection in later gens.

I've got a Pinsir grandmatriach who's now had her son, her grandson, her great-grandson, her great-great-grandson, and her great-great-great-grandson.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Well.... It works for me.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

^Broken

I was looking at some of the new pokemon from x and y on a whim, and holy shit there are some cool ones. I already liked Sylveon a lot, and then Fennekin, Pancham, Honedge, Meowtastic, Clauncher, Tyrunt, Phantump, Amaura, and Dendenne showed up and were all super awesome, plus the fairy types are all p cool, and it's actually so much better than ruby/sapphire's pokes, which is the most recent I actually played, and better than any of the other two gens except maybe the eevolutions. I know I'm a little cynical about it, but still, there's some cool stuff.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Goodra just really disappointed me honestly. Not a fan of the looks, and the lack of decent offensive stats doesn't help. Also, goo in pokemon terms should mean poison...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

It can be taught Sludge Bomb and Wave, you know. Also, maybe you were using one with lousy IVs since mine in my first Y Locke was amazing as hell. Tanked special hits like nobody's business and did good on offense.

Yeah it can learn a few poison moves. Honestly, I just like my mons to have high speed and offense instead of def. As for IVs, I pay no attention to them. In fact the only reason I have a Goodra was because I found a shiny goomy.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Finally got my brain around the RNG manipulation thing after actually putting thought into. And boy, the 4-5 31 IV mons come. Also, access to a Ditto Safari, even though I wrapped up most of my projects.

Still nice having access to one should the need arise.

Goodra just really disappointed me honestly. Not a fan of the looks, and the lack of decent offensive stats doesn't help. Also, goo in pokemon terms should mean poison...

I personally love the way it looks seeing as it is a walking snail without a shell.

You are also missing the point of its stats. The mon itself is best used as a pivot. Giving it the Assault Vest item makes it one of the bulkiest mons on the special side with many good resistances and few weaknesses. It has an excellent movepool with decent special attack that allows it to hit a lot of stuff for super effective damage. Its ability is a really nice one too for switching into weaker or resisted physical moves. Is it a Garchomp or a Dragonite? No. But it surely isn't an Altaria or Flygon (bless their hearts for trying though).

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

I think it'd be cool to do a Harpie gift exchange for Christmas.

Are we still doing this

I'm down for it.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

I personally love the way it looks seeing as it is a walking snail without a shell.

You are also missing the point of its stats. The mon itself is best used as a pivot. Giving it the Assault Vest item makes it one of the bulkiest mons on the special side with many good resistances and few weaknesses. It has an excellent movepool with decent special attack that allows it to hit a lot of stuff for super effective damage. Its ability is a really nice one too for switching into weaker or resisted physical moves. Is it a Garchomp or a Dragonite? No. But it surely isn't an Altaria or Flygon (bless their hearts for trying though).

You lost me at assault vest. Also, I'm uniterested in competitive battling because reasons.

Plus, Goodra just looks and sounds like a poison/dragon pokémon.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I know how you feel.

Also, Assault Vest buffs its wielder's Special Defense by 50% at the cost of being unable to use Status Moves. Bought one from Maison a day or two ago. Oh, speaking of Maison, might continue my Super Singles Streak from where I last left it (read: curb-stomping Nita), but without that Tru-Ant "strategy" I was using on 1-49.