It's Super Effective!

I'll beat you up for your lunch money so I can use it to bribe Kim to capitalize my username.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Started drawing up a map for a fantasy setting after being in a creative slump for most of the summer (with a basic outline for its lore). Still undecided on what to do with it, but it's nice to be able to work on something even if it doesn't go anywhere. now to get beaten up for my lunch money or something

Put it in SVG format and I can make one of these with it: http://codepen.io/meredithz/full/wuvLi/

b4aae3529e.png

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

It is one of my favorites.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

lol

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

So many explosions.

• Like 1

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Spoilers regarding Plague's End

[hide]This thread is about the "revolution" part of Plague's End. It's kind of a complaint about how the part of the quest was made, and partially a hope that Jagex never does something like this again (I know I know.. they will).

I'm not sure if this belongs in Recent Game Updates or Existing Game Content, so put it here for now.

I know there are many threads about Plague's End, but I just want to focus on a single part of it, not the quest overall. If there's another thread about this, I apologize.

Now then... why I dislike it (short version):

It wasn't even half-assed. I can't imagine that the people who wrote the script put more than five minutes' work into it.

Now for the long version, which goes step-by-step (sorry for the long read if you choose to read):

It was hilariously bad. Seriously, by time the "revolution" got half way through, I thought that Jagex had decided to make a joke quest and pretend like it was the grand finale, and then release the real quest soon after.

Basically, we're told to get West Ardougne to rise up against the Mourners to stop them from destroying all those in the city to make a philosopher's sto-- I mean to release the Dark Lord.

How do we go about doing this?

Well, we talk to the guy in charge, he gives us a very small list of names, and we walk a few feet to basically hold a ten second conversation (slight paraphrasing follows):

"Sup bro?"

"Not much. Hating life."

"Well man, let's overthrow these jack asses!"

"AWESOME!"

It's stupidly simple for the most part, and becomes mildly alarming when we "recruit" a couple:

"Hi."

"Hello. This sucks."

"Ready to kill these jerks?"

"YES!. Wife, watch the kids!"

"Screw the kids, let's fight! Ten-year-old son, watch your sister!"

"Okay mom. I can totally do that."

After gathering them all in a public church (because really, where else would you go to plot the overthrow of the existing government, an out-of-the-way area with no one to eavesdrop?), they say to tell an official in East Ardougne and get his support.

We waltz over to the rich people church (because seriously, where else would his office be?) to talk to him, show him a master plan (don't get me started on that one), and he gives us a document to show "King Lathas's army" when they inevitably show up.

And then we go back to the first church, gather our army of about eight people, and proceed to rally the remaining citizens of East Ardougne to overthrow all the mourners and declare vict-- just kidding. We casually walk over to the Mourner headquarters, where the regular citizens effortlessly defeat trained soldiers (though we can help a bit if we want). Then we kill the Mourner leader (unless you listen to his sniveling and let him live despite him being all for murdering a city of people).

Next we hang a flag on the second floor of the Headquarters, and are then confronted by the "army", which consists of a Paladin and a Knight. We are essentially told to surrender, until we apparently show them the document we were given, which they can apparently read from the ground, even though it never leaves our backpack and we never leave the roof.

Then we get to the part that REALLY made me think it was just an epic joke.

The two soldiers immediately disagree, come to the conclusion that they are now on opposing sides and will shortly be killing each other's friends because a fundamental difference in belief (religion vs. logic.. nice Jagex), and proceed to do the logical thing and attack each other in the name of their deeply held belie-- oh, I mean they turned and walked back to the castle together. Because seriously... they may be about to kill each other, but the streets just aren't safe enough at night to walk back to the castle alone.

We quickly follow them to the castle (despite ya know.. being told not to leave the house until the situation was resolved, I think), where the Knight tells us that sides were drawn and he needed our assistance to fight through to confront Lathas.

And so we get to the heavy combat of the quest... by which I mean we safely walked to King Lathas while watching maybe ten NPCs fight each other.

We kill the Paladin (I think it was the one we met at the headquarters) and then confront Lathas. We deal with him in about ten seconds, and....

Revolution over. Time to gather some old people so they can stand back and watch us fight Darth Vader and his merry band of shadows.

Basically, the revolution was completely worthless. The only value in it was to prolong the quest so that Jagex could say it was a 2 hour quest instead of a 1.5 hour quest.[/hide]

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I don't feel surprised. I feel like with "finishing" old quests... Well they don't have the vision of the original quest designer and at this point they're more worried about giving the quests a conclusion so they can say "hah it's done" rather then give it a good conclusion.

• Like 1

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Yeah, when I finished up Salt in the Wound a few years ago, my first thought was "What would the original developer think of this?". It's a bit of a shame when devs leave and the subsequent content just doesn't capture the same feel of the previous installments in the series.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I don't feel surprised. I feel like with "finishing" old quests... Well they don't have the vision of the original quest designer and at this point they're more worried about giving the quests a conclusion so they can say "hah it's done" rather then give it a good conclusion.

Thing is, I think they really do try. But they have to direct the stories so they're ended in the way that allows them to continue with the creative department's overreaching goal.

It's tough and its lead to some pretty unsatisfying moments when they have to justify some of the shinier tools made by the more technical departments, like Salt in the Wound, but there you go. :/

hzvjpwS.gif

Especially for this one, where it was pretty clearly done just so they'd have an excuse to release a shiny new city.

[spoiler=Was speedpainting when I realized GIMP had an ink tool for caligraphy]

eo2TrxN.png

You can tell it's artsy because of how much bullshit angst fills its lines~.

Wait, they finally got around to finishing the Plague series? Was the city any good looking?

It took me a minute to realize that the rope to a noose on her head instead of a turd. I really like the colors you used though.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

I mistook the rope for bread at one point. I guess I have ways to go on texture. I think I just enjoy messy style.

Also gotta kiss my good internet goodbye soon. Not like I will miss Wi-Fi battles much.

EDIT: Decided to name my above piece "Raggedy Angsty".

EDIT2: I hate finding shit too weird even by standards on Tumblr:

tumblr_inline_mxktojrxxr1s62wpm.png

Hitler X Mami does exist.

Thing is, I think they really do try. But they have to direct the stories so they're ended in the way that allows them to continue with the creative department's overreaching goal.

It's tough and its lead to some pretty unsatisfying moments when they have to justify some of the shinier tools made by the more technical departments, like Salt in the Wound, but there you go. :/

Eh. I'll grant that they try... but they lack the original vision and they're just trying (ordered) to finish the series rather then bring a satisfying continuation to the quest. And it shows.

Honestly this all dates back to having no overall story view for early scape. Now new devs are finishing off old storyline that were headed in a different direction then the current storyline is heading. On top of that, as I mentioned, their priority is simply ending the series now rather then working towards a satisfying conclusion.

And whenever you get a new person trying to finish off someone else's storyline, the story never feels right.

You know... the more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to believe that bringing all these storylines to a satisfying conclusion is just impossible.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

[spoiler=Was speedpainting when I realized GIMP had an ink tool for caligraphy]

eo2TrxN.png

You can tell it's artsy because of how much bullshit angst fills its lines~.

Wait, they finally got around to finishing the Plague series? Was the city any good looking?

What's left hand

Heroin, thorazine, insulin, indocyanine? Flu vaccine?? Miscelanios?

Heroin is mroe fun than water gun but otherwise I pick right hand

Right hand = hot glue gun

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”