It's Super Effective!

The worst part is that part 3 never came out. =(

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Explain what's new about the hack? 

Standard 386 hack stuff. It's Fire Red with a much higher level curve, anime cameos, and the usual "difficulty" bullshit. Like, grinding for Surge means getting into the low 30s on level 10 wilds, and Misty opens with a Luvdisc that has sweet/lovely kiss at perfect accuracy. I've heard the champion's ace is at 92 and you have to grind on 50s :-(

...Hacks would be cool if hackers didn't all seem to go "POKEMON GAMES ARE EASY SO LET'S GIVE BROCK A LEVEL 30 ACE WITH DOUBLE TEAM AND STONE EDGE"

note: may include hyperbole. it's not a bad hack, just not my kind of thing

• Like 1

Ugh that's annoying. I hate hacks that artificially make the game harder by just requiring you to grind. It's boring and pointless. We all understand how to grind, why make us do it needlessly?

Much prefer the hacks that genuinely add challenges. Stuff like messing with how moves work, or giving a particular Pokemon a unique moveset. Things that actually require you to plan ahead of time in order to beat, but not to the point of having to grind mindlessly. That doesn't prove your skill. It proves your patience. Personally, I'd much rather my skill be tested, since that's something I can actually improve on if I fall short. No matter how many menial tasks you give a person, you'll rarely, if ever, change his or her patience.

I remember Firered Omega being a good example of this. The game was much more challenging but provided a variety of ways to improve your team without resorting to grinding. For example, TM/tutor locations, Fishing Rods appearing much earlier, changed evolutions/learnsets, etc. There were little things like the fossils not being level 5 when you resurrect them (they're level 40, a much more reasonable level at that point in the game) that made the experience all-around better. Even when you did have to grind, you were provided with multiple Lucky Eggs early on in the game, making even that requirement much better.

/rant I guess lol. Didn't expect to type all of that out, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that hacks that genuinely add new challenges to the game are much better than hacks that just buff up enemy Pokemon.

This is why, after having played through one, I dislike Nuzlockes. All they do is force you to grind and be permanently stuck with a string of bad luck.

• Like 1

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I tend to have more of an issue with the kind if stuff that relies more on luck than anything else. That Luvdisc, for example... faster than pretty much everything you have access to at that point, and the battle basically comes down to when you wake up and whether you'll hit yourself in the one turn before it puts you back to sleep.

Literally the best thing I've seen all week.

10659235_576782252430223_703828064886451

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Apparently Mere lost her stingray but didn't find it.

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

i dont have a sting ray but i do have a kinkajou at home

i miss kinky :(

Genuinely curious how you managed to acquire one of those I didn't even realise those exist until now.

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

The Mulan one is one of my favorites.

This one is my favorite though.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

coincidentally, my parents are watching the good, the bad and the ugly atm

LMAO

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

I found my stingray.

7c3a2d552a.png

• Like 3

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

This class has made up terms that are very similar in meaning and you get points docked for not correctly differentiating between them.

Affordance: An object that implies you can act on it.

Signifier: A sign that you can act on an object.

Which means a link is an affordance, but the line under it is a signifier. Which is kind of obvious in that example, but with [bleep]ing door handles or whatever, it's bullshit.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off