Will 5k autoer In Runescape 2 be banned next? Told you so!!

Biabf

If they used MAC addresses, that might work.. well at least until the chats got a new network card or modem... and Heaven help any legitimate user who buys a used card off those cheats. Plus, MAC addresses are still spoofable...

Even then, that wouldn't stop cheats from using oher computers. If they use public computers, Jagex would end up banning many many public computers from playing, preventing legitimate players from playing at any sort of puplic place, such as internet cafes.

MAC addresses would most definitly work to some degree, but like you said, they can be spoofed. How they would go about that is beyond me. IP addresses are usually all most games work with. MAC addresses just seem more or less ignored, which is really mind boogling in most instances. And yeah, I suppose it would be a problem if MAC addresses would be banned. Since its a cheap and simple fix for most people.

Playing in public places is one thing I will never get. People really shouldn't be playing RS in public places. And I know thats a very strong opinion, but you have no clue what could be planted on those systems to begin with. And most people more often then not actually become victims for simply playing in public places. I actually know of someone who had their account broken into because of just playing in a library. And he was even a player mod at the time. I would also go as far as stating not to even play RS at a friends house.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would support IP ban on repeat offender.

Say if an IP is banned more than 2 or 3 times, then it will trigger a permanent ban on that IP.

It is unlikely that innocent people will get caught up in this.

Well as you might of see jagex have posted this on their homepage
12 January 2006 - Nearly 5000 RS-classic accounts banned Next

As regular classic players will know the classic game was being seriously spoilt by players breaking rule 7. We won't let cheats spoil our games, so we are currently permanently banning nearly 5000 accounts which our system has flagged as using macro software in breach of our rules. RS-classic will be brought back online once that operation is complete.

We recommend all players make sure they are aware of our rules, which are there to keep the game enjoyable for our millions of players. We simply won't let a small minority spoil the game for everyone else. If you don't know the rules already then please make sure you Read them here!

As you know our focus these days is on the main RuneScape game which is far more advanced than RS-classic. The main reason we are keeping RS-classic online at all is to support some of our loyal players who have been with us for years and want to play the old version of the game they are used to. We've therefore decided the best way to stop the cheats just creating new accounts to cause trouble in RS-classic all over again, whilst still supporting the loyal players who have been playing RS-classic fairly for years, is to close RS-classic to new accounts. As such only accounts which have played RS-classic at least once since it went members only on August 3rd 2005 will be able to do so from now on. That's over 6 months ago so easily covers all the people who are actually still actively playing it. This allows the long-term players of RS-classic to continue playing, whilst keeping out the cheats trying to spoil it.

The latest and greatest version of RuneScape - which 99% of our players use - of course remains open to everyone (except rule breakers). It has much better anti-cheat technology and we will also be taking a strong stance against rule-breakers in the current version of the game, but without the need to restrict account signups.

Do you think they may ban tons of Runescape 2 autoers? Comments please?

I feel they shouldnt ban 5k they should ban 15k autoers...[/quote]

Won't say i told you so.... but I did!!

sig5235ro7.jpg

I was looking through the old posts today and I saw as I scrolled down, something about Will Jagex Ban 5000 RS2 Players next? I said to myself, whoever wrote that must think they're Nostradamus now.

Good job on fortelling the future.

Lol, good job!

Did you actually have 'it should be more like 15k' in the original post, as I can see that the post has been editted once? :wink:

If you did, good job! Now, what are the lottery numbers this week?

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Lol, good job!

Did you actually have 'it should be more like 15k' in the original post, as I can see that the post has been editted once? :wink:

its a old topic on the 5k rsc auto banned...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Lol, good job!

The edit date was jan 12th so yeah what are the lottery numbers?

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

its a old topic on the 5k rsc auto banned...

Erm, yeh, I can see that :roll: Your point is exactly....?

The edit date was jan 12th so yeah what are the lottery numbers?

Holy hell, so it is! Man you're good! Ever considered a career in clairvoyancy!?

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Lol, good job!

02, 05, 10, 24, 42... Good enough?
sig5235ro7.jpg

Just edited title... And noticed my post count has dropped 20 or so posts?! *? Whats happened?

Your post counts deducts when posts are deleted off the last page...

Lol, nice guess that they were going to ban them :P

sig1zs0.jpg

De_Pk - Level 117 - Banned September 30th '06.

Need one more, and pick a bonus ball if you please! You realize I am actually going to buy a ticket ith these numbers on them now. Yes, seriously.

:lol:

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Need one more, and pick a bonus ball if you please! You realize I am actually going to buy a ticket ith these numbers on them now. Yes, seriously.

:lol:

Bonus ball 18... If you win you owe me, if you dont its quits hehe... Your rhoice though, tell em the outcome hehe...

sig5235ro7.jpg

lol, sounds fair to me! I say 95 -5 to me :lol:

Need one more by the way :P

Sorry if this is getting a little off topic by the way!!

To keep it on topic, yes, i think it is brilliant that they have banned these cheating scum. Finally gets the game back to what it is really about, which is enjoyment, not profit making. I would say a certain percentage were definitely selling the millions on ebay.

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

12 January 2006 - Nearly 5000 RS-classic accounts banned Next

As regular classic players will know the classic game was being seriously spoilt by players breaking rule 7. We won't let cheats spoil our games, so we are currently permanently banning nearly 5000 accounts which our system has flagged as using macro software in breach of our rules. RS-classic will be brought back online once that operation is complete.

We recommend all players make sure they are aware of our rules, which are there to keep the game enjoyable for our millions of players. We simply won't let a small minority spoil the game for everyone else. If you don't know the rules already then please make sure you Read them here!

As you know our focus these days is on the main RuneScape game which is far more advanced than RS-classic. The main reason we are keeping RS-classic online at all is to support some of our loyal players who have been with us for years and want to play the old version of the game they are used to. We've therefore decided the best way to stop the cheats just creating new accounts to cause trouble in RS-classic all over again, whilst still supporting the loyal players who have been playing RS-classic fairly for years, is to close RS-classic to new accounts. As such only accounts which have played RS-classic at least once since it went members only on August 3rd 2005 will be able to do so from now on. That's over 6 months ago so easily covers all the people who are actually still actively playing it. This allows the long-term players of RS-classic to continue playing, whilst keeping out the cheats trying to spoil it.

The latest and greatest version of RuneScape - which 99% of our players use - of course remains open to everyone (except rule breakers). It has much better anti-cheat technology and we will also be taking a strong stance against rule-breakers in the current version of the game, but without the need to restrict account signups.

I feel they shouldnt ban 5k they should ban 15k autoers...

Won't say i told you so.... but I did!!

Sorry bud, but it shows at the bottom that you edited your post today :wink:

Props on predicting an RS2 mass ban, but nice try on making it look like you're a fortune teller :P

Yeh, its a shame it says that now. Its because he editted the title today to say 'Told you so!'.

I saw it before he editted the title, and it DID say 'Last editted, 12th Jan'.

Shame it now looks as though you faked it!!

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Yeh, its a shame it says that now. Its because he editted the title today to say 'Told you so!'.

I saw it before he editted the title, and it DID say 'Last editted, 12th Jan'.

Shame it now looks as though you faked it!!

Well I do have witnesses...
sig5235ro7.jpg

Well of course they will ban the autoer's it's against the rules...

Although I've never knew so before - and have never used one - text macro'ers are also against the rules - had a friend banned for one.

Personally i think it's good for them to remove the people who cheat.

I think you can gather all the info you need to know about future plans for RS2 from this part of the last sentance of the news item:

It has much better anti-cheat technology and we will also be taking a strong stance against rule-breakers in the current version of the game, but without the need to restrict account signups.

The key word there is "will"... I think that says it all.

-P

Of course they were gonna do a mass ban. Knowing what I knew before the 5k ban on rsc, I knew the RSC ban was just a warm up.. Or a dry run before the real deal.

I'll tell you something else too.. They're not done yet ;)

-P

path0s.png

I feel they shouldnt ban 5k they should ban 15k autoers...

They trust their software way too much, there's autoers at seers flax field, magic trees, fishing guild and many more places on almost every server. I thought they were working on this problem but this kinda killed my hope.

Luckily I can do my own bit against autoers: teleother. Sure it's not that cheap but after tele-othering some 5 autoers to lumby I teled there myself to watch them getting stuck in a corner. That surely made my day :twisted:

proves biabf predicted correctly.

nice, would you read my palm please?

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

proves biabf predicted correctly.

nice, would you read my palm please?

ValaraZ, you need to update your sig :lol:

Yeah, working on it :P

Taking any good suggestions of a nice and catchy catchfrase (spelling?)

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

For those of you who dont believe me ask some of the witnesses. The edit was for the title... I added in 'Told you so!!', anyway for mods to see before the edits? If so, please do so and prove me right...

sig5235ro7.jpg