Tip.it August Challenge

DragnFly

Tomorrow starts the beginning of the month of August. I had an idea for a challenge this month.

This challenge is rather simple, although interesting. Throughout this month, just try something different. Something than you normally would not do. If you feel like it, you may reply here throughout the month with your experiences, share it at the end of the month or just keep it to yourself.

That is all.

Some possible ideas:

If you are a fan of rap music... then perhaps try listening to a variety of country music during the month.

If you are an atheist, try attending various church types

If you normally do not exercise, try working some exercise into your schedule.

If you normally do not read books, then try hitting your local library.

Though feel free to come up with your own, as these are mere suggestions. The idea is to expand your horizons by trying something new or different.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll pay my tuition now.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I'd do this, but I'll end up givving up the second week and eventually forgetting about it alltogether.

But hey, if it counts as something, I'll start working for my first time ever. So I guess I could start spending more, too.

16185_s.gif

Honestly I can't think of anything :P

Of your possible ideas,

1. I listen to all kinds of music.

2. I'm agnostic but still have to go to church sometimes.

3. I don't normally exercise but I have already been exercising a bit.

4. I normally read a lot.

And I just fail at thinking of anything else. Maybe I'll lurk and see what ideas other people come up with :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Honestly I can't think of anything :P

Of your possible ideas,

1. I listen to all kinds of music.

2. I'm agnostic but still have to go to church sometimes.

3. I don't normally exercise but I have already been exercising a bit.

4. I normally read a lot.

And I just fail at thinking of anything else. Maybe I'll lurk and see what ideas other people come up with :P

Well lets see...

You could volunteer some of your time, helping the less fortunate.

If you attend a protestant church, try a catholic one.

If you normally do not eat many vegetables or fruits, try adding more to your diet. Or try eating healthier in general.

You could try taking up a new hobby.

Spend some time learning about historic events. Maybe attend some historic re-enactments/renaissance faires.

If you normally do not cook a lot, try cooking more often and from scratch.

If you tend to watch modern movies, then try watching some old hollywood movies.

Alright then. Starting tomorrow. 10 per post. That will be my August challenge.

Let's do this.

(I'll either get buff, give up, or stop posting.)

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Eh, I might grow an actual beard. Use it as a practice run for no-shave/movember. I've already got some nice stubble/semi-beard going on.

Failing that, I'll eat more fruit (which is something I've been meaning to do for a while).

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I like the 10 per post thing, well it can be applied for anything. :smile:

But I'm not going to do that. I am going to get a job, hopefully, by the end of August. If this is so, your buddy Gio's gonna be loaded*. :cool:

*being a relative term, of course

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'm going to cheat, cause this is my last week of work. But I'll start on the 5th of August, and I'll run every morning and start doing pushups and ab exercises every day.

Also, I need to start eating healthier. I usually find myself snacking all day (not the healthiest snacks; just today I ate triscuits, salami, and cheese for about an hour).

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

After not going to school since the beginning of June, I' guess I'll go to school around August 22nd. That sounds good.

OH WAIT..

I can't do these kinds challenges for some reason in all seriousness. Too hard for me.

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

Instead of starting to do something, I'll stop doing something. :thumbup:

I'll try to not drink soda for at least the month of August. This will probably be difficult.

I'll try this, but probably forget tomorrow and have a can of Dr. Pepper.

17175_s.gif

[spoiler=Quotes]

Goddammit Monk, stop being so full of win.

I am Monk's [bleep]

Doing the 10 per post thing is good, but it's easy to forget about or quit because of how inconsistent it is.

Try the 100 Pushups training program. I'm at the start of week 4 (although I had to redo a week). It's definitely helped improve my upper body strength.

I plan on starting that tomorrow, and running every other day. I'm not sure how long, but I want to be a better rower, and arms and legs are key. Anyone know of any good back workout that doesn't require any special equipment?

Doing the 10 per post thing is good, but it's easy to forget about or quit because of how inconsistent it is.

Try the 100 Pushups training program. I'm at the start of week 4 (although I had to redo a week). It's definitely helped improve my upper body strength.

Thanks, I'm doing that starting tonight. And since I did 24 push ups for the initial test I get to start on week 3!

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I've noticed a recurring out of shape/wanting to do more exercise theme on this thread. I can't really apply that to me, but I should probably eat less liquorice. It's like my Achilles heel.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Since I still have all week until I start my little workout, I'll have time to think it over.

I hear long distance running not only burns fat but burns muscle, and I'm trying to build a bit of muscle. So I think I may just do sprints at my track every morning. I hear those are better if you want to do cardio but keep more muscle. I don't think I'll be taking any type of protein supplements. Those taste nasty as heck to me. After my sprints, I'll come home and do push ups, crunches/varied ab workouts, planks, and side planks. I'm real optimistic at this point, but I have a feeling I will want to sleep in instead of wake up at 6 am. D:

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |