Tip.it August Challenge

DragnFly

If you're heterosexual, try dating the same sex for one day.

No no...that would leave an impact for far longer than a month...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been falling asleep at sunrise and waking up at sundown.

I'm counting that.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I still don't see why people drink so much soft drink, it's not even good. Get some milk instead.

Not true. I love Sprite and Root Beer. I do try to get a lemonade or tea when I go out to eat though.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Odd enough, before seeing this thread i actually DID do something i have never done before. I was very stressed and decided to understake some extreme measures to unwing: put some ambiental background music on and read books while i listen to it. Needless to say it was a smashing success. So different from the usual aggresive genre i listen to. I've been tinkering with a few one-shot ideas of things to do that i normally wouldn't, but so far i've put them off.

Anyway, have fun guys :D

You want some 'ambiental' music to listen to while you read (I know the genre as post rock): Stars of the Lid; Hammock; God is an Astronaut; Godspeed! You Black Emperor; Yndi Halda; Mono; This Will Destroy you.

There's some that I always enjoy doing anything to. Let's your mind wander.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I'm changing my goal. It's just too much of a hassle to avoid posting so I don't have to do pushups. :/

I'ma do 40 pushups, 40 situps, and 20 squats before I go to bed. That sounds much better.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

T minus 2 days until I start my morning running and workouts.

Sucky thing is that I'm going on a bro trip in two weeks, and there's no way I'll be able to fit running gear and running shoes in my pack along with all the other [cabbage] we have to bring to survive out in the middle of the mountains.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

A lot of work out related goals here...Good luck, hopefully you continue on with it, you'll feel much better off in the long run!

I want to start learning a new language..I guess I could sign up to some course this month, but that's not exactly and start and finish challenge.

So I'll try to transcribe learn the complete Europa by Santana by the end of August on guitar.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I still don't see why people drink so much soft drink, it's not even good. Get some milk instead.

Not true. I love Sprite and Root Beer. I do try to get a lemonade or tea when I go out to eat though.

I'm kinda the opposite here. I'll have a soda or two when I'm out eating, but at home I usually stick to tea or water.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Should be in bed right now. Waking up in 6 hours for my morning run/workout. Stumbled upon some pictures of some extremely fit guys, and it made me even more determined to get into better shape.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Challenge accepted.

I was planning on learning Finnish as my fourth language but I would really like to learn Italian before that. I signed up for Finnish classes (which are supposed to begin next month) but I think I'm going to cancel.

hopefully Next year I'll know English, French, Spanish, Italian and Finnish... and I'll be starting on Russian.

@Duff:

[hide=Lng and contains profanity] 1309442883882.jpg [/hide]

Edited by Jeffwilson99
Please warn if it contains bad language - Jeffwilson99

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

I'm kinda the opposite here. I'll have a soda or two when I'm out eating, but at home I usually stick to tea or water.

I can't drink the water where I live... it's disgusting. We even bought a water cooler, but the jugs of water make me feel ill.

@Duff:

[hide=Lng and contains profanity] 1309442883882.jpg [/hide]

To be completely honest, that gets me pumped. Thanks!

So, I forgot about the 100 push ups program and I just did some on my own, I'll start up with the program tomorrow, then. Went on a 20 minute run. Starting off slow, cause I've learned that you don't want to jump right into 40 minute runs. Plus, my feet are all blistered already.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Started Atkins again. Cookies are my biggest weak point, we'll see how well this goes. Trying to stay on Atkins until next January... Going to be difficult with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Gosh darn candy, cookies, and mashed potatoes!

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

That image is exaggerated with the text. I'm just saying it doesn't really motivate me. Just because your fit doesn't automatically mean you'll kick everyone's butt, or even the butt of someone less fit than you. The guy on that image looks nice but the text is just wrong :shock:

Final1.jpg

I'm not saying this because my previous post's idea was rejected by the later posts, but I really only meant that seeing the guy pumped me up. I actually posted and then was like, 'Wait, there are words that I should probably read.' I ended up just saying screw it.

The text is a bit obnoxious. And I'm not really a huge fan of that type of body building encouragement. I think I've said this in other posts where I'll see a fit guy and it'll motivate me, and I think that's what that picture did.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

• 4 weeks later...

I am proud to say that I have completed my August goal, no soda for the whole month.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I fixed my sleep pattern.

Mission accomplished.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Lovely.

I almost made it all of august without drinking pop. But I found myself at a bonfire for 5 hours, thirsty, with nothing else to drink. So I had to.