Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

England Riots

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I hope none of our fellow anarchists/rebels in the US don't get any ideas...
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

magekillr
[ Display Name History ]

magekillr

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,536 posts
John Derbyshire is a major douche:

Through British veins runs the poisonous fake idealism of "human rights" and "sensitivity," of happy-clappy multicultural groveling and sick, weak, deracinated moral universalism — the rotten fruit of a debased, sentimentalized Christianity. When not begging for forgiveness and chastisement from those who rightfully despise him, the modern Brit is lost in contemplation of his shiny new car or tweeting new gadget; or else he has given over all his attention to some vapid TV production or soccer team. I treasure my faint, fading recollections of Britain when she was still, for a few years longer, a nation. Today Britain is merely a place, a bazaar. Let it burn!

Let Britain Burn

rocc0
[ Display Name History ]

rocc0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,397 posts

You can't riot like this in a US city, the shopkeepers will shoot you.

TANSTAAFL

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films

You can't riot like this in a US city, the shopkeepers will shoot you.

Screw the shopkeeps, the cops would shoot you first.

They take a overbearing "no risk" mentality nowadays.
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

K112
[ Display Name History ]

K112

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:K112
It's kicking off near me in Manchester. Miss Selfridges is being burnt down, the UGG boots shop has had it's doors smashed and there's quite a few hooded "people" on Picadilly gardens and on Market street.

The only real reason I can think of that this would happen is that youths are just thinking "Well, everywhere else got a riot, why shouldn't we?"
Posted Image

Amethyst_Gem
[ Display Name History ]

Amethyst_Gem

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Amethyst Gem
Those wanting a slightly more positive picture:
http://www.flickr.co...ght/6024429000/

Nothing around here yet. Which is enough proof if you still need it that there is no political considerations in this at all - one would think the constituency of the home secretary would be the #1 target were there to be political motivation involved...

(though the rioters probably don't even know what a constituency or a home secretary is)

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts

Those wanting a slightly more positive picture:
http://www.flickr.co...ght/6024429000/

Heh, that blonde chick looks like Rose from Doctor Who.
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

K112
[ Display Name History ]

K112

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 658 posts
Foot Asylum, Swarovski and lush have all had heir windows smashed. Barclays and HSBC all have armed guards inside so don't think the rioters fancy it.
Posted Image

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

Slàinte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts

It's kicking off near me in Manchester. Miss Selfridges is being burnt down, the UGG boots shop has had it's doors smashed and there's quite a few hooded "people" on Picadilly gardens and on Market street.

The only real reason I can think of that this would happen is that youths are just thinking "Well, everywhere else got a riot, why shouldn't we?"

Is Manchester the furthest north the rioting has spread, do we know?

I also saw a bit this morning on some of the organised street gangs in London bragging about what they've been up to (burning patrol cars/looting/robbery etc) which in turn prompted rival gangs to "up their game" by burning more police vehicles and looting more shops. I'd imagine this might be part of the reason why gangs of youths further north started rioting, not to be outdone. It sounds [bleep]ing stupid but it's the exact same here with teams of neds and scumbags going [bleep]-for-tat, fighting and stabbing people over "territory". If your rival does something, you do the same but in a more impressive fashion.

Heck, I'll try to find the article. It puts it a lot more eloquently.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests
What the hell makes people act like that? That's just insane... I really don't know what to say.

K112
[ Display Name History ]

K112

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 658 posts

I also saw a bit this morning on some of the organised street gangs in London bragging about what they've been up to (burning patrol cars/looting/robbery etc) which in turn prompted rival gangs to "up their game" by burning more police vehicles and looting more shops. I'd imagine this might be part of the reason why gangs of youths further north started rioting, not to be outdone. It sounds [bleep]ing stupid but it's the exact same here with teams of neds and scumbags going [bleep]-for-tat, fighting and stabbing people over "territory". If your rival does something, you do the same but in a more impressive fashion.

Liverpool had last night, I think that's just slightly further north. It'll be Cumbria and Kendal next :ohnoes:

Rolex, Mcdonalds and Tesco metro are also now victims. It's all in/around Market Street and St Annes Square in Manchester.
Posted Image

Amethyst_Gem
[ Display Name History ]

Amethyst_Gem

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • RSN:Amethyst Gem

Liverpool had last night, I think that's just slightly further north. It'll be Cumbria and Kendal next :ohnoes:

Rolex, Mcdonalds and Tesco metro are also now victims. It's all in/around Market Street and St Annes Square in Manchester.

I heard Leeds had it a bit last night too and that's further north of either.

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts

What the hell can you steal from a McDonald's?
Posted Image

K112
[ Display Name History ]

K112

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 658 posts

What the hell can you steal from a McDonald's?

Dem Chicken Nuggets
Posted Image

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts
Burgers and fries?

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,954 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I
Chilling in Ealing, it was the most scariest thing; knowing that our Nando's may not be there the next morning. Allow Greggs.

But yeah, rioters smashed all the windows of my favourite Restaurant:
Posted Image
Sad times.

Posted Image

Posted Image (One of the many in Ealing atleast.)
Luck be a Lady

K112
[ Display Name History ]

K112

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 658 posts
It's odd with McDonalds, they're breaking into the places they work.

Subway Manchester

Plain Clothes Police In action

Posted Image

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,954 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I
Another for the Road:

Posted Image
Luck be a Lady

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts
Posted Image
Remember kids, video games make people violent, weed kills you, and when you get pregnant, you die.

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests
Why are people just breaking stuff at random...? I read the OP, but I don't recall seeing a reason as to what the rioters expect to get by breaking windows of small businesses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users