Investigating the Wise Old Man

KCHughes

First off, I noticed from the pictures provided by our fearless investigators showed matching armor in both Kandarin and Lumbridge: The suits of armor, white with a red trim around the shield, and a yellow plume on the helmet. That appears to be Kandarin's colors, especially the shield, but what on earth is it doing in Lumbridge?

I get the distinct impression that Lumbridge have allied themselves with Kandarin, though I do not see why. Could a member possibly talk to all (I know, this'll take you forever) the citizens of Kandarin? They might let slip something about why their shields are in Lumbridge. There's something very interesting in the information about this kingdom- they are rumoured to have connections with lands west of the mountains, where nobody has been since the God Wars. Freneskae (how do you spell it?), anyone?

Anway, the carpets. I noticed that both the red and green carpets, the colors of Zamorak and Guthix, also had black symbols of Saradomin on them. Wenlok and Randox probably remember, but for those that don't, the three of us went through the wilderness looking for clues, and inside the Chaos temple in the northwest part of the Wildy there were red carpets with black Saradomin symbols on them. And we all thought it was incredibly weird. The symbols have turned up on carpets in Lumbridge and Kandarin, too. The Chaos temple also had windows with trees in them, correct? Now, Guthix is sometimes called the god of Nature. A tree would be a prime candidate for a representation of Guthix. Black symbols of Saradomin turning up in major cities, and inside a Zamorakian temple with possible ties to Guthix. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions. :mrgreen:

I'm stumped. The only conclusion I can possibly draw is that the people of Gielinor are slowly drifting away from all the three gods to worship a greater deity. A deity thought dead a long time ago, but in fact was still alive, waiting for the chance to get revenge against Zamorak. Zaros could be coming back. Anyway, another possible conclusion is that they have fused all three gods together to create the ultimate god, and they make note of it by crossing three symbols/colours of the three gods together. And a final theory is that they simply worship any god they feel like.

I find it weird that Misthalin's colors are purple and green, because I have never seen the color purple anywhere in Varrock.

What I find even more weird is that they have the colour purple. That is the colour of Zaros. What is it doing in a town (Varrock) which worships both Zamorak and Saradomin? Both of the gods hate Zaros, yet a place where they are worshipped has his colours. I doesn't make any logical sense.

I also forgot that King Roald might be the leader of Opus Saradomin, that would aid WOM a whole lot when destroying the tower. The black knights are pretty much begging to be blamed for something like that.

If so, it just goes to show that black knights are pretty dim when they can't even see they're being used in a greater plot. They're going to their deaths, and they don't know it.

I've concluded that WOM is Joe, Wenlok. See how cleverly he's playing both sides against each other? :P

Mm, thing is, the WOM is quite greedy. Joe wanted money yes, but he was willing to help others no matter what (remember the young woman, her husband and her child?). The WOM is selfish, and he doesn't care about anyone else, as long as he gets what he wants. :P

Gah, forgot to welcome our newest member. Welcome Lationking! Those pictures you provided were excellent, and I'm sure that they'll help us a lot. It's great that you're investigating Morytania for us too. :D

Also, I remember that the colors of Lumbridge weren't always this way, they had a different symbol if memory serves.

That's where I saw them! On the entrance banners (coming from Draynor), before the update, I recall seeing the two suns that are the symbols of Asgarnia. This is very odd behaviour by Jagex to replace the original Asgarnian symbols with Kandarin ones.

And welcome back Chady. Great to have you back on the investigation team. :D

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not gonna quote this cause its a pain in the arse. It makes perfect sense - historicly - for one of varrocks colours to be purple. Purple used to be the colour of royalty, and I think thats where the colours coming from.

And for anyone who might think im spelling 'color' wrong, it is spelt 'colour' in my country (Canada). Just incase you though I was constantly misspellign a simple word...

Any way im off to investigate, i've got more ground to cover this time, but you guys arent around for hours after i post so it dosent matter :thumbsup:

He may be a follower of the evil chicken. NOTE THE BOOK ON THE EVIL CHICKEN! He's the one who summons the chicken, he's the mysterious old man, and he needs the wiz tower runes to tele around and to harass players. Also, runes are needed to send his pet and master, the evil chicken, to wherever he needs to be.

Note the names:

Mysterious old man

Wise old Man

See it now?

Also, look at the pictures of the wise old man and the mysterious old man.

Wise Old Man - phat + robes=Mysterious old man (?)

HE IS THE EVIL CHICKEN FOLLOWER!

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

First off, I noticed from the pictures provided by our fearless investigators showed matching armor in both Kandarin and Lumbridge: The suits of armor, white with a red trim around the shield, and a yellow plume on the helmet. That appears to be Kandarin's colors, especially the shield, but what on earth is it doing in Lumbridge?

I get the distinct impression that Lumbridge have allied themselves with Kandarin, though I do not see why. Could a member possibly talk to all (I know, this'll take you forever) the citizens of Kandarin? They might let slip something about why their shields are in Lumbridge. There's something very interesting in the information about this kingdom- they are rumoured to have connections with lands west of the mountains, where nobody has been since the God Wars. Freneskae (how do you spell it?), anyone?

Anway, the carpets. I noticed that both the red and green carpets, the colors of Zamorak and Guthix, also had black symbols of Saradomin on them. Wenlok and Randox probably remember, but for those that don't, the three of us went through the wilderness looking for clues, and inside the Chaos temple in the northwest part of the Wildy there were red carpets with black Saradomin symbols on them. And we all thought it was incredibly weird. The symbols have turned up on carpets in Lumbridge and Kandarin, too. The Chaos temple also had windows with trees in them, correct? Now, Guthix is sometimes called the god of Nature. A tree would be a prime candidate for a representation of Guthix. Black symbols of Saradomin turning up in major cities, and inside a Zamorakian temple with possible ties to Guthix. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions. :mrgreen:

I'm stumped. The only conclusion I can possibly draw is that the people of Gielinor are slowly drifting away from all the three gods to worship a greater deity. A deity thought dead a long time ago, but in fact was still alive, waiting for the chance to get revenge against Zamorak. Zaros could be coming back. Anyway, another possible conclusion is that they have fused all three gods together to create the ultimate god, and they make note of it by crossing three symbols/colours of the three gods together. And a final theory is that they simply worship any god they feel like.

I find it weird that Misthalin's colors are purple and green, because I have never seen the color purple anywhere in Varrock.

What I find even more weird is that they have the colour purple. That is the colour of Zaros. What is it doing in a town (Varrock) which worships both Zamorak and Saradomin? Both of the gods hate Zaros, yet a place where they are worshipped has his colours. I doesn't make any logical sense.

First off, I could be real annoying. But I'll only be a little annoying. Based on the posts on last 2-5 pages, it would seem the more pictures you post, the more useful you are. I made Wenlok post that the Ardougne churh had the sword-symbol stained glass but it would seem nobody noticed it. :(

And as for the bolded parts:

1) More likely the Elven forests.

2) And green is the color of Guthix.

Note this:

He has a Sara staff.

So why would he be a zammy follower?

ornaments.jpg

And what is that ornament thingy?

Ornament has been speculated quite a lot. Search the thread and you'll find it.

And about the Saradomin staff, I have them all and still consider myself a follower of Zaros, not any of the 3 gods.

Note this:

He has a Sara staff.

ornaments.jpg

And about the Saradomin staff, I have them all and still consider myself a follower of Zaros, not any of the 3 gods.

>_< didn't think to look.

But if only i could grab his full sara (G).

Which is another indicator of sara following...

i still think he's the Mysterious old man, and the evil chicken's pawn.

As shown thru this.

He may be a follower of the evil chicken. NOTE THE BOOK ON THE EVIL CHICKEN! He's the one who summons the chicken, he's the mysterious old man, and he needs the wiz tower runes to tele around and to harass players. Also, runes are needed to send his pet and master, the evil chicken, to wherever he needs to be.

Note the names:

Mysterious old man

Wise old Man

See it now?

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

Note this:

He has a Sara staff.

ornaments.jpg

As shown thru this.

Note the names:

Mysterious old man

Wise old Man

See it now?

Well if you want to speculate the Old Mant thing, there's Old Man Ral, Weird Old Man, Strang Old Man, and also 1 more I can't remember. So that's quite pointless thing to say. Also the MOM - WOM relation has been discussed as well. Just read the topic please or don't post. (So information which has been said won't be repeated and stuff that has been speculated won't be repeated. Thanks.

Well, Trobigod and I alredy talked about the amount of pics. I still maintain that there usefull but I think I may have cut down on my picture taking. Besides uploading that many is just annoying.

Now I suppose i've started a new investigation series, and this is actually 2 parts (because rimmington is just tiny).

Parts 1&2/5 small towns investigations.

By: Randox

Covered in this investigation: Rimmington, Port Sarim, Mudskipper point.

Still to come: Edgeville, Al-Kirad, Karamja.

Damn, I do the opening better everytime.

Ok, i'll start with Rimmington. There really isent anything ground breaking here. The chemists place on the west side of town is involved in - I think 2 - members quests.

Rimmington

In the town we have:

Hetty - the local witch, involved in a minor freeplayer quest.

Anja & Hengel - a married couple that live just north of hetty.

[hide=Picture of Anja/Hengel house]

house1zc3.png

[/hide]

They have a blue bed which is something I havent seen before.

Brian - Runs the archery store

Rommik - Runs the crafting store.

I did notice the same wall sheild decoration in melzars maze as in lumbridge. I figure melzar might have stolen it but its still worth a mention.

[hide=Melzars Maze]

mazepf7.png

I can no longer enter the maze, I trew away the key #-o

[/hide]

Port Sarim

I'll start this section by writing all the people who can be found here, and i'll even write about the interesting ones (mainly ones I don't like)

The Docks:

Redbeard Frank - involve din pirates tressure, likes the word 'arrr'. He used to be a pirate.

Monks of Entrana - Take you to Entrana, the place where saradomin suposedly arrived on Gieleior(sp?) also know as Runescape.

The 3 sairlors that take you to Karamja.

Klarense - This guy is a crimanal, and the runescape manual agrees. He sells you a boat and when you finish the quest, he steals it. I wish we could kill him and steal that boat :twisted:

The Bar:

Bartender - He runs the bar, starts goblin diplomacy quest.

Ok I suddenly realise this is mostly boring and worthless, im not writing area guides im doing investigations (you have to realise I never plan these out, and I should <.< )

Ok look at this picture.

[hide=Statue]

statueej0.png

[/hide]

Ok, what do you see?

[hide=Click for answer]

If you said monky/ape (face) your right!

[/hide]

Why is there a big statue of someone who proboly came from ape atoll. I do wonder if this is the monkey god? If so the people of Port SArim just became way more weird.

I would like to take a minute to point out that Grum, the guy who runs the jewlery shop has 2 beds upstairs. Also Wydin, the guy who runs grcerystore and never pays you, is the richest man in town judging by his upstairs furniture.

He also has a neat taste in carpets.

[hide=store top and bottom floors]

carpetfu7.png

storeupstairzj0.png

[/hide]

Well, about the only reason I bother picturing those was the lack of other things in this investigation.

But this next carpet pic is different, I mean different...

[hide=pic of different carpet]

newcarpetnn0.png

[/hide]

So far they have been related to god colours. But blue? what god is blue? any one...

By the way, thats the second floor of the jail.

Now we move on to the lands south of the other towns, and even though mudskipper poing is south of thurgos thats what im calling the whole area, for my conveniance.

Mudskipper point and the lands slightly north of it

Ok, I didn't forget the church, got a nice pic here too. It also has a different carpet, its a bit lighter in colour. Oh and the stars are gold not black.

[hide=Church]

thechurchpr1.png

[/hide]

Now further south there is thurgo, who might be a part of the investigation, I should check...and than mudskipper point. Now this is just interesting, not relevant, but if I understand corectly trowing explosive barrels into the waer here might find you a Mogre, which I belive to be the mudskippers. But im not a member so this could be quite wrong.

And so ends the investigation. Hope you didnt mind the usless list thing I did till I realised it was pointless.

Now, I am planning to basicly investigate the entire free world now, so tommarow I'll pick another target. When I do Edgville, It will extend from that house north of varrock back to the mountain. And I think i'll include barbarian village too since its not big enough for one investigation. Al-Kirad will basicly be the entire desert, from the north gates to shanty pass. And Karamja shall be the entire free section of the island, and I might stroll through the dungen and around crandore well im at it.

I think tomarrow will be Al-Kirad.

Hope this is deccent by comparison to the other guides, I tried to make it interesting for you ::'

Note this:

He has a Sara staff.

ornaments.jpg

As shown thru this.

Note the names:

Mysterious old man

Wise old Man

See it now?

Well if you want to speculate the Old Mant thing, there's Old Man Ral, Weird Old Man, Strang Old Man, and also 1 more I can't remember. So that's quite pointless thing to say. Also the MOM - WOM relation has been discussed as well. Just read the topic please or don't post. (So information which has been said won't be repeated and stuff that has been speculated won't be repeated. Thanks.

Now that you mention it the old men might all be related since posty pete, parroty pete, pirate pete and party pete are all related. Or they might be the same person

Wise old man- Killing monsters= Kalphite Queen

Helping Humanity = killing the drunken dwarf

Being annoying = Not admitting that some runscapegods exist even though he knows they do (in runescape tha tis).

Being evil = Stealing a phat

Old Man Ral- Killing Monsters = Well he is kind of helping kill the vampires

Helping Humanity = teaching you how to go around Meiryditch to stop Drakan

Being annoying = Not helpign you until you call him the sage of meiryditch

Being evil = Maybe he will betray you in the next myreque quest?

Weird old man- Killing Monsters = *points to the bones surrounding him*

Helping Humanity = Having a quest that gives prayer exp

Being annoying = The exp is rubbish

Being evil = He is doing something evil to whatever is in that sack of his

Strange old man= i dont know who he is

But all of them seem to do the same things

noob:need hot gf

me this is not a dating sevice its a game

noob:but thats the only reson i play this game

then is suggest you use a dating service

but i cant im only 7 #-o

So Randox, too lazy to quote but the monkey head is a part of the Holy Grail members quest (Pointed out by KC 5 million times I guess), the chemistry lab is used in 3 members quests. (Regicide, Mourning's end part I and Biohazard)

And for mhosseins: The strange old man can be found at the barrows and another one of the old man group near the kalphite lair.

So Randox, too lazy to quote but the monkey head is a part of the Holy Grail members quest (Pointed out by KC 5 million times I guess), the chemistry lab is used in 3 members quests. (Regicide, Mourning's end part I and Biohazard)

And for mhosseins: The strange old man can be found at the barrows and another one of the old man group near the kalphite lair.

In that case I really did turn up nothing interesting. Ah well, Jagex couldnt have possibly put some twisted plot in every town I suppose. I dont plan on finding much more interesting stuff till draynore, except for maby Al-Kirad and Karamja.

I was looking around in Varrock, the curator says he is expecting a big cash donation soon. That could mean an update.

Also, I don't think they are departing to Zaros, I see it more to Guthixs.

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

I was trying to get at the possibility that the alliances are already beginning to form for the next God War. Guthix's representation in a Zamorak temple might mean that Guthix is already aligned with Zamorak. Zamorak must be at some kind of disadvantage, because Guthix wouldn't side with him otherwise. Probably, because of Zaros being a major threat again, Zamorak's chances are looking pretty slim which is making Guthix side with him. That temple was pretty new, too. Not half destroyed like the other one.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

Ummmm, Zaros Alter is in Varrock

Sources: Digsite Quest; and I think Soul Bane

So he might have left some of his influnces in Varrock

Actually, all of the ruins of Zaros' empire are buried under most of Misthalin, hence the Security Stronghold. But there is no real alter to Zaros in Varrock.

Fix Boss Monster Drops for teams!!!

Tip.it Forums

Zybez Community Forums

RSOF Quick find: 24-25-592-54824756

Ummmm, Zaros Alter is in Varrock

Sources: Digsite Quest; and I think Soul Bane

So he might have left some of his influnces in Varrock

Actually, all of the ruins of Zaros' empire are buried under most of Misthalin, hence the Security Stronghold. But there is no real alter to Zaros in Varrock.

He's right, but he used to have them. Also, there seems to be a bit more egyptian stuff at the mueseum.

I've done that quest, but I don't rember it having anything to do with the statue...

Tip.it Forums

Zybez Community Forums

I was trying to get at the possibility that the alliances are already beginning to form for the next God War. Guthix's representation in a Zamorak temple might mean that Guthix is already aligned with Zamorak. Zamorak must be at some kind of disadvantage, because Guthix wouldn't side with him otherwise. Probably, because of Zaros being a major threat again, Zamorak's chances are looking pretty slim which is making Guthix side with him. That temple was pretty new, too. Not half destroyed like the other one.

But then wouldn't Saradomin have to side with Zaros? Because if you have:

Zamarok (Medium God)+Guthix (Powerful God) vs. Zaros (Powerful God) vs. Saradomin (Medium God), you don't have a balance... I see it more like this:

Zaros (Powerful God) + Zamorak (Medium God) (Hey, they're both evil, I figure they can put aside their differences to make a more evil world) vs. Armadyl (Powerful God) + Saradomin (Medium God) with Guthix helping either side as needed...

Tip.it Forums

Zybez Community Forums

I only know of a zammorack and a saradomin alter in varrock. And we have no evedince that would suggest Armandyl has enough power to take part in god wars. I would think that Guthix would put his energy into PREVENTING a god war rather than siding in one.

i broke the code!!

its the letters

it turns out at 345 > 678

making a cross right on top od the mage guild

the other co-ordanate

186 > 976

points to the zammy mages there is a conection!

Pq2ZGTAS.jpg

That is interesting, but could you explain what you mean.

Also, I think that the curator has been looking a bit rich, at least graphically lately (just my impression.)

Also, I recently did what Lies below, rogue Zamorackians and all that. I found out that one of the mages there can make you do emotes... Could this be the beginning of player control? Also, the magic and stuff were mightily touched up.

I didnt do the investigation today, but I dont think any of you cared nayway so...

I might get to it tommarow, and nice sig + avatar zweeler. Maby i'll play around with the cordinates later on. I guesse were all waiting for the history update.