[Discontinued]An Ocean of a Problem

Corvus

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in that case, I will need to ask Wyvern if my character is allowed to use large weapons, because I would much prefer it if I could keep using my large greatsword with a -2 penalty. I could replace one of my feats with a feat to use them if you would like?

Either that, or I will need to redesign my character.

It's your choice, Wyvern.

Step 1: Take Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword

Step 2: Buy Large Bastard Sword

Step 3: ???

Step 4: PROFIT!

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I just recieved notice of a meeting that I need to go to on Sunday afternoon which would fall in the middle of the Timeslot for this game, so I will either have to reschedule the session to another date, Enforce a strict ending time on the session, or Postpone this session for a week. I am unsure of my exact plans on Saturday at this point, so at this point I cannot promise that I would be able to reschedule to Saturday afternoon, though I plan on getting final plans later tonight.

So please fill out the poll and if you have any specific option you think is best feel free to post it.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Well. This is looking. Interesting. Too bad I can't play.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I might be a teensy bit late, need to do some back-to-school shopping really quick.

Shouldn't be a major issue, I should be here only a few minutes late if I'm late at all.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

YOU NEED ME, YOU HEAR?

MINE IS THE SCIMITAR THAT SHALL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I will try to attend, but the amount of homework school gives in one week is astounding. Probably trying to get us back into the school vibe ASAP.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Okay, just a reminder that Today's session will be starting in roughly half an hour. Going to go get lunch, but I have put the irc room online:

/join #ocean

Starting map of the Market around the stall

Due to me misreading the schedule for the meeting this week (though it started at 4, when it started at 3), I will have to attend the same meeting Next weekend, so for next week we will have the same schedule as this week

Ok, before next week can everyone have Mumble installed and set up?

Even if you don't have a microphone it is useful because people can respond quickly.

Step 1:

Go to http://www.mumble.com/

Step 2:

Click on the 'Mumble Client 1.2.3'

Step 3:

Click on Run or Save and then run the install program

Step 4:

Click next, agree to the licence, click next, then next again, then install, then finish.

Step 5:

Run the program, enter details:

w243.png

Step 6:

Make sure you are in room 4

If you have done all of that, then congratuations, its setup and you are ready for the session, and you can completely forget about it for the rest of the week.

If not, post your problem.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Okay, added a regular schedule to the first post:

Scheduling information:

Sessions will be held at 1PM Central Time (US) on irc.tip.it in the #ocean channel. To join this channel enter:

/join #ocean

As I have registered the channel you may join the channel prior to me announcing that I will be on IRC for the session.

Note: For This weekend (September 18th) the Session will be from Noon to 3PM due to scheduling conflicts

Also, just because it is convient I will be in the IRC chat for the next 2 hours or so if anyone wants to ask questions or even just talk. (I will be working on other stuff, so just say my name to trigger the notification so I know you are in irc)

:3

Game today or tomorrow?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

How much will it cost to hire a:

Minstral

Man/woman who will learn to play an instrument

Skilled Artistan

Cartographer

?

Reference:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services#TOC-Hireling-Trained

:3

Game today or tomorrow?

Tommorow at noon (roughly 18 hours)

How much will it cost to hire a:

Minstral

Man/woman who will learn to play an instrument

Skilled Artistan

Cartographer

?

Reference:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services#TOC-Hireling-Trained

Minstral - 4sp /day

Person willing to learn to play an instrument- 1sp/day until they are actually trained, when it would increase to 4sp/day

Skilled artisan - Depends on the craft. For basic level artisans it varies between 1 silver to 1 gold piece a day.

Cartographer - 4sp / day

All prices assume long term service and non combat situations. Prices are higher for short term hiring.

If anyone has any questions to clear up before next session, I will be sitting in the IRC chat for a few hours. (or you can just come to talk)

I might make a few adjustments to my character's nature, and just maybe stats as well.

To really have the character I'm thinking of now, though, I'd probably need an entirely new character. Whatevs, don't want to trouble you too much Wyvren. :P

Though I would ask, how would one best achieve telepathy and compulsion abilities? Any class of particular interest, or some sacrifice the GM would be willing to let a Human character make to start with one or two such abilities?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I might make a few adjustments to my character's nature, and just maybe stats as well.

To really have the character I'm thinking of now, though, I'd probably need an entirely new character. Whatevs, don't want to trouble you too much Wyvren. :P

Though I would ask, how would one best achieve telepathy and compulsion abilities? Any class of particular interest, or some sacrifice the GM would be willing to let a Human character make to start with one or two such abilities?

Well, I will allow character revisions to be made up until the session after this one, and if you really want a totally different character you may introduce them in the session after the next, as it works best for the story.

The best way to achieve those two abilities would be either to play as a Infernal or Maestro Sorcerer, an Enchanter (Wizard), or a Bard. (technically Psionics would make more sense but I would very much prefer not to introduce its magic system and its unusual rules to the game.) Getting compulsion abilities is not something you would be able to just get from your race unless it was limited, especially as I am only familiar off hand with 2 remotely playable races that have such abilities (you could in theory take them, you would just end up with a really high level adjustment). Telepathy is also not an ability that I would give easily, though to grant it to a human I would assign fairly major penalties (off hand I would say that it is a general language based telepathy that everyone in range can pick up barring magical effects preventing it, which for all intents and purposes is treated as normal sound; Again I have only personally used 2 character races previously that had innate telepathy, both of which had high level adjustment. However I do believe there is a magical item, but I will have to look around for it. If you want to discuss this further I am currently in the IRC chat

Nex, is this going to be another one of those scenarios where you are never happy with a character you make and want to redesign it every 10 hours?

As a hobby, whenever I'm bored.

In terms of actual gameplay, I'm going to save everyone the headache.

Also I figure coming up with a nice character waaaaaay ahead of time for whenever they may be needed is probably a wise decision. Considering my problems with backstory.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Session is in 38 minutes, and will be focused on finishing this combat and its immediate aftermath, as I will be delaying the next step of the First session notes until Next week to allow 1 week for creating brand new characters if anyone so desires, After that point new characters characters require the previous one to be written out, and come in 1 level lower than the previous character's level (so avoid making new characters). (additionally the Next portion is very Conversation heavy so it does not work to split it up in the middle and it can take a massively variable amount of time.

Tales for the Forest~

After fleeing the City with the unconscience Wizard over their shoulder, Loran and Caliber talked about their options, having recieved a mysterious tip off, from a source beyond reproach, that Kalan, Urist and Gunnari had been arrested.

Eventually it was decided that Caliber would acquire a cart, some cloth and hay, while Loran watched over the unconscience Wizard, for they planned to smuggle the Wizard back into the city when they had finished.

After about two hours the equipment was ready and the Wizard began to stir. At the beginning he was not co-operative, but between the two of them Loran and Caliber managed to pursuade him to start talking...Unfortunately he didn't know anything of any value, though admitted to having taken 1,000 Gold Pieces per person, and being paid off by the very same thugs that had attacked them at the stall.

The only clues were that they took their victims to the East, away from Augustus' stall.

Thusly, while Caliber had Augustus distracted, Loran snuck up behind him and beat him senseless with a Masterwork Sap, which Caliber hadn't seen before. When he questions Loran, Loran said it was part of his new disguise

[hide]

Character%20Loran%20Final.png

[/hide]

Caliber looked confused for a second before shaking his head, donning his disguise and putting the unconscience Wizard onto the cart and covering him in hay, before joining the queue of people entering the city.

Once inside Loran brought several bottles of ale and, in a quiet corner, spread them liberally over Augustus, before dressing Augustus in a disguise and booking him into a local Inn to 'sleep it off'.

Augustus was taken up to his room and bound and gagged, then was locked in a wardrobe, which itself was lain face down on the floor.

With Augustus successfully hidden and disabled for the forseeable future, Loran and Caliber left the room and gave strict instructions not to disturb their 'friend' until the following morning, at the earliest.

They then ventured out to see what had stripped many of the streets of patrons, journeying, through the throngs of people, to the Central Pavilon.

Or something like that.