[Discontinued]An Ocean of a Problem

Corvus

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a Reminder, The Next Session is 1PM US central time this sunday (~37 hours). Following this session you will not be allowed to make modifications to your character sheet without specific permission from me, and you will no longer be able to write a whole new character without taking a level penalty.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Since my plans for the Next 3 hours fell through I will be sitting in IRC for around 3 hours if anyone wants to make character modifications or write a new character with my help.

[hide]

Martel Richelieu

Male Human Sorcerer 6 | [Lawful Evil]

DESCRIPTION

Age 22

Looks wiry black hair, Black eyes

Height/Weight 5'10" tall, 130lbs. (Medium)

Homeland Lair

Deity Asmodeus

Campaign ____________________

Representing Grim

STRENGTH

10 (+0)

HIT POINTS

HP 23

Current HP

DEXTERITY

12 (+1)

CONSTITUTION

12 (+1)

INTELLIGENCE

12 (+1)

WISDOM

12 (+1)

CHARISMA

21 (+5)

Initiative +1 = 1 [Dex]

Action Points (Lifetime) 9

SKILLS

SKILL Total + Ability Mod. + Ranks + Misc.

Acrobatics* +1 = DEX 1+0+0

Appraise +1 = INT 1+0+0

Bluff +14 = CHA 5+4+3+2 [Deceitful]

Climb* +0 = STR 0+0+0

Craft +1 = INT 1+0+0

Craft +1 = INT 1+0+0

Craft +1 = INT 1+0+0

Diplomacy +12 = CHA 5+4+3

Disable Device*† +1 = DEX 1+0+0

Disguise +7 = CHA 5+0+0+2 [Deceitful]

Escape Artist* +1 = DEX 1+0+0

Fly* +1 = DEX 1+0+0

Handle Animal† +5 = CHA 5+0+0

Heal +1 = WIS 1+0+0

Intimidate +9 = CHA 5+1+3

K (Arcana)† +6 = INT 1+2+3

K (Dungeoneering)† +1 = INT 1+0+0

K (Engineering)† +1 = INT 1+0+0

K (Geography)† +1 = INT 1+0+0

K (History)† +1 = INT 1+0+0

K (Local)† +1 = INT 1+0+0

K (Nature)† +1 = INT 1+0+0

K (Nobility)† +1 = INT 1+0+0

K (Planes)† +1 = INT 1+0+0

K (Religion)† +1 = INT 1+0+0

Linguistics† +5 = INT 1+2+3

Perception +5 = WIS 1+1+3

Perform +5 = CHA 5+0+0

Perform +5 = CHA 5+0+0

Profession† +1 = WIS 1+0+0

Profession† +1 = WIS 1+0+0

Ride +1 = DEX 1+0+0

Sense Motive +1 = WIS 1+0+0

Sleight of Hand*† +1 = DEX 1+0+0

Spellcraft† +7 = INT 1+4+3

Stealth* +1 = DEX 1+0+0

Survival +1 = WIS 1+0+0

Swim* +0 = STR 0+0+0

Use Magic Device† +13 = CHA 5+5+3

* Armor Check Penalty 0

† Trained Only

EQUIPMENT

475 gold

Ring of protection +1

Ring of Sustenance

Handy Haversack

Mithril buckler

Wands, invisibility 50/50

Wand of Mage Armor 50/50

Scroll, Endure Elements x1

Scroll, Locate Object x1

Scroll of Sculpt corpse x2

Scroll, enlarge person x3

Scroll, Expeditious excavation x1

Scroll, Expeditious retreat x1

Scroll, glitterdust x1

Scroll, fly x2

Scroll, Protection from energy x2

Scroll, Summon monster III x1

Scroll, reduce person x3

Flask, Alchemist's fire x14

Trail Rations x10

Rope, silk x2

Grappling hook

Dagger x5

Clothes, travelers x1

Wayfinder

Total carried weight: 30lbs

NOTES

Base Speed [ 30 (6 sq.) ]

AC [13] = 10 +1 [Dex]

Touch AC [11] Flat-Footed [10]

BASE ATTACK BONUS

+2

Basic Melee Attack +2

Basic Ranged Attack +3

FORTITUDE SAVE

+2 = 1 [base] +1 [Con]

REFLEX SAVE

+2 = 1 [base] +1 [Dex]

WILL SAVE

+7 = 4 [base] +1 [Wis] +2 [iron Will]

CMB

+2 = 2 [bAB] +0 [str] +0

CMD

+13 = 2 [bAB] +0 [str] +1 [Dex] +0 + 10

FEATS

Combat Casting

Cosmopolitan

Deceitful

Iron Will

TRAITS

Power of Suggestion

Charming

CARRYING CAPACITY

Light Load: 33lbs.

Medium Load: 66lbs.

Heavy Load: 100lbs.

Lift Over Head: 100lbs.

Lift Off Ground: 200lbs.

Push or Drag: 500lbs.

LANGUAGES

Common

Infernal

Sylvan

Aquan

Sorcerer Spells Per Day

Level 1 6 + 2 [Cha]

Level 2 5 + 1 [Cha]

Level 3 3 + 1 [Cha]

Sorcerer Spells Known

Level 0 7 7+1 [favored class option]

Level 1 7 5+ 2[Favored class option]

Level 2 3 2+1[Favored class option]

Level 3 1

Spells

0 level-

Detect Magic

Detect Poison

Ghost sound

Prestidigitation

Mage hand

Spark

Light

1st level-

Mage Armor

Grease

Charm Person

Delusional Pride

Memory Lapse

Disguise self

protection from good (bloodline spell)

2nd level-

Detect Thoughts

Invisibility

Scorching ray (bloodline spell)

Make Whole

3rd level-

Haste

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Human

Bonus Feat: One extra feat at 1st level

Skilled: +1 skill rank per level

Bonus Languages: Any (except secret languages)

Sorcerer: Infernal

2 Bloodline Spells

Cantrips

Eschew Materials

2 Bloodline Powers

Hit Points 25

EXPERIENCE POINTS

Will add more in later. (like what's actually in the scrolls and more equipment.)

[/hide]

backstory

[hide] Martel, the fifth scion of house Richelieu (a house known for its good fortune, or at least the extreme misfortune of their enemies was never going to get a scrap of inheritance from his siblings, so he went into government work. His rise in ranking was astronomical, matched only in the downfall of those above him, and the rise of several highly devoted allies. This rise caught the attention of several of the more higher ranking officials, who pulled a few strings and suggested (with clubs) that Martel take a break from service and serve the king as a representative in the adventurers. With his "allies" being dealt with through many sundry means, Martel had little choice but to accept. [/hide]

LNYvk.png

This makes me so happy.

It's not anywhere near as fun as Kazi is, so don't worry about me playing musical characters. I'll have Kazi's info to you by just a bit later today, Wyvren.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

My apologies for not attending, I have been spectacularly busy for the last few hours.

It's still going on, Ross.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I won't be able to make next session, as I have to go to a funeral/wake/whateveryoucallamemorialforsomeonewhodoesn'twantareligiousfuneral for my grandfather. Arch can have control over my character (look over the sheet/equipment and then formulate a plan), but I would prefer if he tried to do things diplomatically if at all possible, seeing as it wold be easier to use a ship if manned by mindless thralls if we get the pirates to go with us.

LNYvk.png

I wont stop you from trying to convince the Pirates from joining up, its just you kinda have the problem that the Pirates are Pirates and are wanted for piracy which is why you are being hired by a pair of guards to deal with them in the first place...

I wont stop you from trying to convince the Pirates from joining up, its just you kinda have the problem that the Pirates are Pirates and are wanted for piracy which is why you are being hired by a pair of guards to deal with them in the first place...

[hide]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os5TXyJlEMc&autoplay=1[/hide]

Beyond that, I think from now on when I have spare time between watching anime and the BBC, posting in FG, and barely doing homework I'll spend it making fun characters. I have a couple of cool concepts in mind already. :D

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Problem?

:3

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Ok, so between chapters in the book I have to read:

The summery of what happened last night for people who were not here:

We fought the pirate hoard, and after a rather grueling fight (made worse by my mismanagement :thumbdown: ), we came away with a ship and some loot(detailed later).

The ship we acquired is made from a material known as 'Soarwood', which is like Darkwood, but even lighter.

The vessel also has a double hull, and managed to take on two Arcana-Cruisers (Ships with Wizards as the main armament).

However the ship is damaged...(somewhere between 'Slightly' and 'Its smashed to hell' depending on what we want to do with the ship. :rolleyes:)

We can sell the ship, for an undetermined sum of money, I would assume around 10,000-20,000 gp, though could be as low as 8,000.

We could then buy another ship which was in good working order, but wasn't plot relevant.

Added to that we have a strange woman who seems to know a lot about the ship, who wants to be the Captain of the ship. (Dun dun dunnnnnnn)

In exchange she wants to have 'most of our storage space for trading' (Dun Dun Dunnnnnn) and is willing to pay for all of our repairs (DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN).

I, naturally, am skeptical of this offer, and am generally adverse to taking an unknown ship, with an unknown captain, out into the great unknown, to search for unknown artifacts, on unknown islands. That is at least 2 more unknowns than I would be comfortable with.

Especially while the Ghost Ship making way directly for the Island we are on.

And while we still have a Wizard in a cupboard.

So, my solution is thus:

We keep the ship.

We pay for various work to be done on the vessel. (Between 1,500 and 3,000)

We tell the woman to get stuffed, in the nicest possible way.

While the work is being done on the ship we search around for books and other information sources pertaining to the ship, the wood and the various terminology that Caliber heard during his conversation with the woman.

We also search through the information packs as to our first destination.

And we hunt down the people who kidnapped that guy.

Then, about half a month later, we set sail better armed and better prepared than if we had spent the two weeks sitting on our hands, pinning all of our hopes on this one woman, who may or may not be evil, or betray us down the line in favour of something to do with her own backstory.

Arguably we could do both, though if it turns out she is a witch or whatever it might then we too late to actually get rid of her...And a magic user, on a ship that smacks of magic, neither of which we understand in any great detail, seems far far far too hazardous in my opinion.

In purely metagaming terms:

There seems a strong leaning towards us keeping the ship, getting the woman onboard and she becomes our major quest giver and font of general knowledge, who possible gets us into trouble from time to time.

Ok then loot:

+1 Chainmail [1030]

+1 Battleaxe (Glowing) [2310]

+1 Shield [1159]

3 Flasks of Divine Favour [50ea]

1 Potion of Bulls Strength [300] (Owned by Ross)

Boots of Winterlands [2,500]

Feather Token(Anchor) [50] (Owned by Ross)

5 GP

Just so you know, I have no interest in everyone getting 'their fair share'. The loot we get is collected up, people who want items can take them, everything else is stored until useful, or we decide to trade it in for cash.

If you are replacing an old item (Armour, weapon, ect) then that goes in the chest.

Cash is divided whenever we reach a port on an equal basis, after ship running costs (Food, water, cannons, ect) are deducted.

As an aside to Wyvern, can you post or send me an overview of the ship?

I would like to actually design my room, if nothing else =P

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Must be a pretty tough ship to survive two ships crawling with wizards.

Might be worthwhile to keep it. :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

No division of loot? But Archiiiiiii! How else are we going to decide who gets the first stat belts? I guess it would be on the basis of necessity.

Well, I suppose I'm fine either way. I'll take a look through the Wondrous Items list and the players' character sheets, come up with some possible recommendations for stuff for them. If I have this ability, it could well be a waste for me not to use it.

I would also suggest that others browse the items, and come up with a wishlist for me. :thumbup:

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Ok, so between chapters in the book I have to read:

The summery of what happened last night for people who were not here:

We fought the pirate hoard, and after a rather grueling fight (made worse by my mismanagement :thumbdown: ), we came away with a ship and some loot(detailed later).

The ship we acquired is made from a material known as 'Soarwood', which is like Darkwood, but even lighter.

The vessel also has a double hull, and managed to take on two Arcana-Cruisers (Ships with Wizards as the main armament).

However the ship is damaged...(somewhere between 'Slightly' and 'Its smashed to hell' depending on what we want to do with the ship. :rolleyes:)

We can sell the ship, for an undetermined sum of money, I would assume around 10,000-20,000 gp, though could be as low as 8,000.

We could then buy another ship which was in good working order, but wasn't plot relevant.

Added to that we have a strange woman who seems to know a lot about the ship, who wants to be the Captain of the ship. (Dun dun dunnnnnnn)

In exchange she wants to have 'most of our storage space for trading' (Dun Dun Dunnnnnn) and is willing to pay for all of our repairs (DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN).

I, naturally, am skeptical of this offer, and am generally adverse to taking an unknown ship, with an unknown captain, out into the great unknown, to search for unknown artifacts, on unknown islands. That is at least 2 more unknowns than I would be comfortable with.

Especially while the Ghost Ship making way directly for the Island we are on.

And while we still have a Wizard in a cupboard.

So, my solution is thus:

We keep the ship.

We pay for various work to be done on the vessel. (Between 1,500 and 3,000)

We tell the woman to get stuffed, in the nicest possible way.

While the work is being done on the ship we search around for books and other information sources pertaining to the ship, the wood and the various terminology that Caliber heard during his conversation with the woman.

We also search through the information packs as to our first destination.

And we hunt down the people who kidnapped that guy.

Then, about half a month later, we set sail better armed and better prepared than if we had spent the two weeks sitting on our hands, pinning all of our hopes on this one woman, who may or may not be evil, or betray us down the line in favour of something to do with her own backstory.

Arguably we could do both, though if it turns out she is a witch or whatever it might then we too late to actually get rid of her...And a magic user, on a ship that smacks of magic, neither of which we understand in any great detail, seems far far far too hazardous in my opinion.

In purely metagaming terms:

There seems a strong leaning towards us keeping the ship, getting the woman onboard and she becomes our major quest giver and font of general knowledge, who possible gets us into trouble from time to time.

Ok then loot:

+1 Chainmail [1030]

+1 Shield [1159]

1 Potion of Bulls Strength [300] (Owned by Ross)

Feather Token(Anchor) [50] (Owned by Ross)

5 GP

Just so you know, I have no interest in everyone getting 'their fair share'. The loot we get is collected up, people who want items can take them, everything else is stored until useful, or we decide to trade it in for cash.

If you are replacing an old item (Armour, weapon, ect) then that goes in the chest.

Cash is divided whenever we reach a port on an equal basis, after ship running costs (Food, water, cannons, ect) are deducted.

As an aside to Wyvern, can you post or send me an overview of the ship?

I would like to actually design my room, if nothing else =P

Okay, First thing is some additional things I didn't get to saying in the session:

1)The Harbormaster stopped by and delivered a net total of 10,500gp as your advance payment from the crown following the deduction of titling and port fees. (this is for the entire party, not per person)

2)You have all reached Level 6

Okay, the Current damages to the Soaring Rose:

internal Structual damage (500gp)

Secondary mast knocked off entirely and the main mast has largely been stripped (1000gp)

Stearing Severed (500gp for juryrigged repairs by un-experienced Shipwrights)

Hull damage (1000gp for repairs with availible materials)

Yeah, You met Kiara Tropic, a Half elf who appears to be in her mid 40s (do note that Half elves do not reach middle age until 60 some years of age). Roughly 5' tall, she certainly looks the part of being a ship captain, dressed in somewhat above average quality Sailor's garb and a tan that shows she spends alot of time working outdoors(presumably on the deck of a ship), however the most noticeable thing about her is the intricate set of pale blue Tattoos that you can see on almost every where her skin is exposed. If anyone desires you may ask her more questions as you would have a lengthy discussion on her offer.

The Soaring Rose (stats are following getting repairs availible at this point and are not entirely final) - Atraille class vessel

+4 on Profession Sailor

Speed of 15 x wind

80' by 20' (10' tall with an additional 10' draft)

20 crew members required, all are expected to actually work though it can be done otherwise

Maximum cargo is 150 Tons, but speeds are reduced after 75 tons

The on board weapons and Launch were destroyed during combat. (weapons may be replaced with Ballistas or Light catapults up to a max of 2 total [you do not exactly have access to cannons currently]. Launch may be replaced for 500gp or you can just buy canoes)

Anyone who wishes to may make knowledge History and/or Profession Sailor checks for more information on Atrailles may do so.

Blue2.png

Would Grim and Mask please choose a room

Onboard the vessel we have:

4 Barrels (Stored on deck 2, central area)

2 Crates (Stored on deck 2, central area)

1 Huge Chests, no lock (Stored on deck 1, under the mizzen-mast)

2 Huge Chest, Superior Lock (Stored in the Captain's Room)

3 Barrels Contain:

Water

1 Barrel Contain:

Nothing

2 Crates Contain:

8 Loaves of Bread

10 Lumps of Cheese

1 Chest(no lock) contains:

1 Bell

2 Buckets

5 Block and Tackles

98 Candles

1 Fishing Net (25 Square Feet)

98 Empty Flasks

3 Sets of Medium Sized Manacles

50 Pitons

5 Emergency Ration Packs

1 Signal Whistle

1 Large Tent

98 Balls of Twine

100 Iron Vials

10 Waterskins

1 Chest(Superior Lock) Contains:

Loot:

+1 Chainmail [1030]

+1 Shield [1159]

5 GP

2100 (Grim)

2100 (Mask)

2980.55 (Archi)

2100 (Nex)

2100 (Ross)

1 Chest(Superior Lock) Contains:

Archi's Personal Stash

Also onboard:

1 Tent (Pavillon) (deck 3)

10 Silk Ropes (Around)

10 Common Buoys (Deck 3)

10 Superior Buoys (Deck 3)

1 Sheet of Mithril (1 Square Yard) (Captains Room)

3 Sheets of Lead (Captain's Room)

Pathfinder Chronicles, the complete set (Captain's Room)

Also to note:

The ship has no doors below deck. Instead it has large sheets of strong wood with Iron Rings through, along with a length of rope, lying on either side of a doorway.

Simply grab rope and heave the wood into position, then tie to second Iron Ring.

In the event of flooding close doors, the water pressure in the flooded compartment will keep the door sealed.

Doors are NOT a long term solution.

Do NOT obstruct doors.

There will be a fine of 1 days pay for anyone found to be obstructing doors.

Players bunking below deck must buy own doors (10gp each. Locks must be brought seperately.)

(Information is repeated here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/Ship%20Inventory.txt

Though I will update as we go)

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Yeah, next session is in a bit over 24 hours from now so just some reminders:

Level up your characters to level 6 if you have not already done so.

Think of questions you would like to ask Kiara Tropic, as next session will begin with deciding what to do about her offer.

Your characters will have either a week or 2 weeks to do anything time based, depending on the groups final decision with the captain.

Retech has agreed to make me a character because mine wasn't very well-made and I didn't like playing with the disgusting shambles of a character.

One thing to note is that your character will be a level 5 character as opposed to the party's level 6, as my new character and Character rebuild deadline was 2 weeks ago and at this point its a fair bit more difficult for me to come up with a reason for your character suddenly joining the group.

For the most part he can play what he wants within reason following the general rules for what content is allowed, as I will find some way to fit the character in. Also just because it makes sense for a character to join the party you still take the level penalty because it is intended to get the players to make up their mind about what to play. Dont worry about the penalty as you should be fully caught up in terms of level by the time the party reaches 8th level.