01-Sep-11 BTS September

Toad

I really really hope that this quest isn't ruined by the signature heroes. They are undoubtedly going to make some sort of appearance in it considering their close ties to some of the major characters like Sir Tiffy.

RotM is so deep in lore and already established characters I don't want to see it ruined by a group of idiots that includes a sexually ambiguous smart ass and his stereotypical friends.

Sylpheed.png

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Daemonheim story won't interact with ROTM (confirmed by a jmod months ago), so Bilrach is likely to not be attending the Ritual.

It is entirely possible to have Bilrach attend without the Daemonheim story coming up.

The j mods confirmed many mahjaratt story lines won't come up in the ritual as there is too many of them, but that does not rule out characters being present.

I mean we aren't likely to have any furtherance to the Enhkara and Anthankos feud plot arc, but both of them will be there.

All it means/confirms to me is that whatever Bilrach is up to in Daemonheim won't come up in this quest, not that he won't show up; afterall between us sneaking around and cleverly located NPCs and scenery you could have all the mahjaratt there but us not be able to speak too or hear any of them.

The main reason Bilrach went to Daemonheim was to keep from being sacrificed at the Ritual. The other Mahjarrat, even his fellow Zamorakians, found him to be incredibly weak. The only weaker possibly being Jhallan. He thought freeing Zamorak would give him that edge he needed to keep from being sacrificed. So why would he go to the Ritual without Zamorak? He'd do better to stay away, considering how incredibly weak he appears to be in the final letters. Not to mention the voices (likely not Zamorak) he keeps hearing in his head are telling him to "keep going" and he listens to them because he thinks they're from Zamorak himself. In other words, I don't think whatever it is would let him leave even if he wanted to. So while it's possible that he may attend, I wouldn't expect him.

Thinking about it now, I don't think ROTM will follow the subquest style that RFD pioneered. Sure, it's going to be a massive quest and all, but we need to note that while RFD has very low requirements to start it (10 cooking, lol), ROTM has tons and tons of prerequisites. Because RFD was packaged as a quest that everyone could take part in, it was divided into the various subquests with tiered rewards. ROTM is different. It's going to be one huge, massive quest, most likely with a style of many tasks resembling subquests, in a sense, but not actual subquests themselves.

I don't think it will have the subquests like RFD either, actually. A jmod said they want to avoid quests like that because of the immense amount of production time needed. I do, however, think that the requirements we were given in the BTS are only the ones needed to start the quest, and that we'll need more to get through different parts and finish it.

I really really hope that this quest isn't ruined by the signature heroes. They are undoubtedly going to make some sort of appearance in it considering their close ties to some of the major characters like Sir Tiffy.

RotM is so deep in lore and already established characters I don't want to see it ruined by a group of idiots that includes a sexually ambiguous smart ass and his stereotypical friends.

A jmod stated that the signature heroes wouldn't be involved in any current quest series. That was, however, a long time ago. Considering jmods were saying FT/W would never come back just months before the Referendum, it's completely possible that has changed. I hope not, personally. The only person I need on my team is my buddy Kuradal. 8-)

Supermancav.png

The only person I need on my team is my buddy Kuradal. 8-)

TBH this... Kuradal has the passion of avenging her father coursing through her veins along with a fury that hell hath no... So...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

TBH this... Kuradal has the passion of avenging her father coursing through her veins along with a fury that hell hath no... So...

I'd rather not lose Kuradal as well :(

I still want a storyline quest involving the hierarchy of the slayer guild and the 'toes' Duradal supposedly stepped on to make enemies in the guild, like they hinted to in WGS/talking with Kuradal.

hzvjpwS.gif

I still want a storyline quest involving the hierarchy of the slayer guild and the 'toes' Duradal supposedly stepped on to make enemies in the guild, like they hinted to in WGS/talking with Kuradal.

Getting the Slayer Guild itself would be nice...

And following up minigame improvements with skill guild improvements would've been even nicer... :(

2dgucz6.png

Getting the Slayer Guild itself would be nice...

And following up minigame improvements with skill guild improvements would've been even nicer... :(

They could well release that, but with that slayer dungeon thing they said in that 15% offer post? :o

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

The Daemonheim story won't interact with ROTM (confirmed by a jmod months ago), so Bilrach is likely to not be attending the Ritual.

It is entirely possible to have Bilrach attend without the Daemonheim story coming up.

The j mods confirmed many mahjaratt story lines won't come up in the ritual as there is too many of them, but that does not rule out characters being present.

I mean we aren't likely to have any furtherance to the Enhkara and Anthankos feud plot arc, but both of them will be there.

All it means/confirms to me is that whatever Bilrach is up to in Daemonheim won't come up in this quest, not that he won't show up; afterall between us sneaking around and cleverly located NPCs and scenery you could have all the mahjaratt there but us not be able to speak too or hear any of them.

The main reason Bilrach went to Daemonheim was to keep from being sacrificed at the Ritual. The other Mahjarrat, even his fellow Zamorakians, found him to be incredibly weak. The only weaker possibly being Jhallan. He thought freeing Zamorak would give him that edge he needed to keep from being sacrificed. So why would he go to the Ritual without Zamorak? He'd do better to stay away, considering how incredibly weak he appears to be in the final letters. Not to mention the voices (likely not Zamorak) he keeps hearing in his head are telling him to "keep going" and he listens to them because he thinks they're from Zamorak himself. In other words, I don't think whatever it is would let him leave even if he wanted to. So while it's possible that he may attend, I wouldn't expect him.

Well, actually, I don't think he was that weak, but more that most of the mahjarrat thought he was weak. I mean, Zamorak isn't going to make him the second in command, when there are better options. Also, he's very good with portals and stuff. I just think he kept his strength a secret to the others and so they underestimated him.

But I do agree on his delvings in Daemonheim, he's severely tricked, and who knows if he is still alive?

Well, actually, I don't think he was that weak, but more that most of the mahjarrat thought he was weak. I mean, Zamorak isn't going to make him the second in command, when there are better options. Also, he's very good with portals and stuff. I just think he kept his strength a secret to the others and so they underestimated him.

But I do agree on his delvings in Daemonheim, he's severely tricked, and who knows if he is still alive?

According to Zemouregal's notes it says Bilrach is of average strength.

According to Zemouregal's notes it says Bilrach is of average strength.

Yes, but average according to what? Only one considered weaker is Jhallan, but he's considered pathetically weak. Obviously the Rituals of the past got rid of the weaker ones, but we still don't have anything to compare that too.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

In one of the first diary entrees of Bilrach, he mentions that they always underestimated his powers, though.

True, so maybe his power they did. Dunno if they underestimated his intelligence. :smile:

But still, aside from Jhallan, no Mahjarrat are considered weak, except for perhaps Kharshai.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

In one of the first diary entrees of Bilrach, he mentions that they always underestimated his powers, though.

True, so maybe his power they did. Dunno if they underestimated his intelligence. :smile:

But still, aside from Jhallan, no Mahjarrat are considered weak, except for perhaps Kharshai.

I always thought Wahisietel would be pretty weak considering he's been hiding as Ali the Wise for a long time. Probably not too bright either given how obvious it was to figure out who he was disguised as.

queste.png303/324

Honestly I'm a little disappointed with this month, all we're getting is a new quest and a few new items. Granted the quest should be awesome and has been a long time coming so hopefully quality > quantity.

Jeez, what more could you want?

It's not a matter of greed, like you're painting it to be. It's just not the norm.

Compare it to the content released in November 2008, the month when WGS was released. We got the following:

• Stealing Creation
  • WGS
  • Holiday event

This month we're getting

• New herb and prayer restore potion
  • Ritual of the Majarrat
  • BXP weekend
  • loyalty rewards

More on a list, but in terms of replay value, not as substantive. BXPW isn't really content, and the loyalty rewards list have no significant impact on gameplay. And for the vast majority of players, this new herb and pot will be useless.

So it's not really a bad thing, but it's just not what we're used to seeing. No harm in saying that--I agree with him in fact. But I'm still completely excited for ROTM :)

Before we dive into my point, let's clear some stuff up. Loyalty Rewards will have lots of impact on gameplay, thats the point of buying membership monthly nowadays.... Also, I find Stealing Creation completely useless and if the prayer pot,herb, and loyalty rewards tag team, they are a great match for the mini-game you refer to, (which I dislike by the way).

To business

Don't paint over my painting please, had nothing to do with greed and I wasn't saying it was. I just think people need to start lowering their expectations. I doubt there will be many more November 2008's (which wasn't even a very good example because in both their is an epic quest, some content people might not use/not be interested in or use/be interested in [stealing Creation vs. loyalty items and pray pot], and finally some not really content content [i love Santa and the Easter Bunny a lot, but doing easy tasks for them for items with only looks isn't content]). Jagex is giving us a pretty darn good month, to expect more is naiveté.

[hide]

Honestly I'm a little disappointed with this month, all we're getting is a new quest and a few new items. Granted the quest should be awesome and has been a long time coming so hopefully quality > quantity.

It's not a matter of greed, like you're painting it to be. It's just not the norm.

Compare it to the content released in November 2008, the month when WGS was released. We got the following:

• Stealing Creation
  • WGS
  • Holiday event

This month we're getting

• Ritual of the Majarrat
  • BXP weekend
  • loyalty rewards

More on a list, but in terms of replay value, not as substantive. BXPW isn't really content, and the loyalty rewards list have no significant impact on gameplay. And for the vast majority of players, this new herb and pot will be useless.

So it's not really a bad thing, but it's just not what we're used to seeing. No harm in saying that--I agree with him in fact. But I'm still completely excited for ROTM :)

[/hide]

Before we dive into my point, let's clear some stuff up. Loyalty Rewards will have lots of impact on gameplay, thats the point of buying membership monthly nowadays.... Also, I find Stealing Creation completely useless and if the prayer pot,herb, and loyalty rewards tag team, they are a great match for the mini-game you refer to, (which I dislike by the way).

To business

Don't paint over my painting please, had nothing to do with greed and I wasn't saying it was. I just think people need to start lowering their expectations. I doubt there will be many more November 2008's (which wasn't even a very good example because in both their is an epic quest, some content people might not use/not be interested in or use/be interested in [stealing Creation vs. loyalty items and pray pot], and finally some not really content content [i love Santa and the Easter Bunny a lot, but doing easy tasks for them for items with only looks isn't content]). Jagex is giving us a pretty darn good month, to expect more is naiveté.

Stealing Creation, I warrant, has had a lot more impact on gameplay than the Loyalty rewards at this stage will. Consider collecting a bonus XP tool every 12 minutes (Fast SC), compared to the Jack of All Trades aura, a Tier 2 aura which gives out genie lamp XP boosts. Judging by the powering of the JOAT aura, I can tell straight off that the other Tier 2 auras coming out this month aren't going to be something to rave about either. Anything else cosmetic under the Loyalty Programme is simply not gamechanging. Furthermore, you may not like Stealing Creation, but that does not allow you to discount the impact it has had on this game. I may hate Hunter, but I can't wish away the impact it's had on my gameplay (Juju pots, torstol seed prices etc).

So, if you're buying membership just for Loyalty Points, I'd have to call that very shallow gaming.

By the way, to clear up this point, November 2008 did not introduce Stealing Creation - I released an update to the Stealing Creation reward mechanic, which changed the pricing of Sacred Clay items and made it possible to buy more than 1 morphic tool per game played. Compared to that update to Stealing Creation, everything else expected this month (short of ROTM) really pales in comparison already.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

[hide]

• Stealing Creation
  • WGS
  • Holiday event

This month we're getting

• Ritual of the Majarrat
  • BXP weekend
  • loyalty rewards

[/hide]

To business

Stealing Creation, I warrant, has had a lot more impact on gameplay than the Loyalty rewards at this stage will. Consider collecting a bonus XP tool every 12 minutes (Fast SC), compared to the Jack of All Trades aura, a Tier 2 aura which gives out genie lamp XP boosts. Judging by the powering of the JOAT aura, I can tell straight off that the other Tier 2 auras coming out this month aren't going to be something to rave about either. Anything else cosmetic under the Loyalty Programme is simply not gamechanging. Furthermore, you may not like Stealing Creation, but that does not allow you to discount the impact it has had on this game. I may hate Hunter, but I can't wish away the impact it's had on my gameplay (Juju pots, torstol seed prices etc).

So, if you're buying membership just for Loyalty Points, I'd have to call that very shallow gaming.

By the way, to clear up this point, November 2008 did not introduce Stealing Creation - I released an update to the Stealing Creation reward mechanic, which changed the pricing of Sacred Clay items and made it possible to buy more than 1 morphic tool per game played. Compared to that update to Stealing Creation, everything else expected this month (short of ROTM) really pales in comparison already.

Yeah SC was useless when it first came out before the rework, I remember people taking items off the table and dropping the items for friends to deposit (1 Million points) but the rewards weren't as good with the experience.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

“How on Gielinor am I going to raise my levels for all the high-level content that JAGEX keep launching?”

I Lol'd all over myself.

Same. Silly Jagex, thinking they bring out high leveled content.

You know how people would cry and complain if a quest had multiple 90+ requirements. It might happen some day, but definitely not any time soon.

bring it on

For you personally there appears to be no issue; the real issue is the amount of pissed off questers who can't do the new quest. It's grief Jagex can best do without, by doing things such as avoiding substantially increasing the levels needed for the questcape. Plus, it means people who are shooting for a questcape have a slower-moving target. It could be depressing if, for some people, they felt the more quests they did the farther they are from the cape because of certain high level quests.

I'm gonna flip some [cabbage] if the whole Zaros thing fails and you have a sucky ass ending where it just goes back to the norm with Zamorak, Guthix and Saradomin.

I expect Zaros to come back and whoop some ass.

Pretty sure Jagex said we will have NO control over what side we pick in the quest or who dies.

Saradomin, Guthix, and Zamorak will team up and push a pillar on Zaros. Sorry. :thumbsup:

[bleep] you.

Not only that, their idea of High level content is 85 Hybrid gear with impassably [cabbage] drop rates for FOUR mini games. That's not high level, that's highly stupidly frustrating.

Remember the drop rates on Nex armours the first week, not to mention the time it took to even get a kill (or killcount!), plus the expenditure in supplies used? That's not high level either, that's highly stupidly frustrating!

Just because you didn't get Hybrid legs in all of 2 Soul Wars games doesn't mean that the gear isn't high levelled. Remember, high levelled gear isn't supposed to be easy to come by. At all. I don't see why everyone should be able to run around with all 3 sets within 24 hours of it being released.

Remember how they (not 100% sure on this) increased the droprate? And how they sorta got rid of the KC? If this gear follows Nex's foosteps, it'll be nerfed and made easier.

I hope we get to go inside Zemouregal's fortress, that place always did look cool! :D

Means Arrav will be present to help out in the ritual too? Distractions please.

And i'm still curious as to why Rocking Out is a requirement? Unless Rabid Jack intervenes in the ritual somehow? He isn't a Mahjarrat..is he?

Or, you know, they tacked on random hard, high-level quest reqs because [bleep] you they can? I brought this up several ages ago, does anyone know of any storyline reason whatsoever why WGS has MEP2 as a req? Yeah.

(Worth noting that these quests are considered hard and high leveled relative to other quests before people say the quests were easy and had low reqs. Also worth noting that the difficulty of new quests tends to be judged by their stats.)

Lastly, a noteable absence from the quest reqs for ROTM is Nomad's Requiem considering how it was fairly heavily hinted that he was connected to Lucien and this quest, as best as I can tell, is sposed to deal with Lucien. Pretty sure other people have mentioned noteable quest absences but this is one I saw.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I hope we get to go inside Zemouregal's fortress, that place always did look cool! :D

And i'm still curious as to why Rocking Out is a requirement? Unless Rabid Jack intervenes in the ritual somehow? He isn't a Mahjarrat..is he?

Blurb says we get allies (again)

Rocking out I'd say pirate captains help us.

Fairy tale 3 I'd say fairy queen sends help

etc.

Opps, i skipped over that part :L

I suppose that's the more logical idea! Though Rocking out was the quest that revealed a good lot about Rabid Jack, was it not? Though I suppose it is the quest were we make most of the pirate allies too, including that weird guy who gave us the Ex-Parrot :P

Its when we got the pirates captains confidence and its an Ex-Ex-Parrot fool!

What exactly would we gain from an alliance with the pirates though eh? I guess in part IF there was something with the pirates and... *looks around* Rabid Jack was involved, then alright, it would perhaps tie up the loose end that Bill Teach might someday be turned into Blackbeard in game (the real Blackbeard was really called William Teach) and we need to get rid of Rabid Jack for that...

However, the only things against Majarrat we'd gain would be rum and cannons... So are we gona take crates of rum to the ritual area, have a wild party and get them all drunk, and then let the pirates fire on them? I know this is Jagex, but even I wouldn't think they'd do that.

What Octarine spotted though was there were a few pictures of Mos le'Harmless on the Dev Blog for RotM, and also there are loads of strange rocks about the place (you use your ex-parrot on one to bring it back to life or something I've heard) that have magical ressurectional abilities... So I'd say it's more in line with that.

And I agree with the above poster... I find that kinda odd that they don't have NR there too... Just like it's Rocking Out instead of A Clockwork Syringe (thus further disproving the theory of Rabid Jack and the Pirate Captains)...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Blurb says we get allies (again)

Rocking out I'd say pirate captains help us.

Fairy tale 3 I'd say fairy queen sends help

etc.

Opps, i skipped over that part :L

I suppose that's the more logical idea! Though Rocking out was the quest that revealed a good lot about Rabid Jack, was it not? Though I suppose it is the quest were we make most of the pirate allies too, including that weird guy who gave us the Ex-Parrot :P

Its when we got the pirates captains confidence and its an Ex-Ex-Parrot fool!

What exactly would we gain from an alliance with the pirates though eh? I guess in part IF there was something with the pirates and... *looks around* Rabid Jack was involved, then alright, it would perhaps tie up the loose end that Bill Teach might someday be turned into Blackbeard in game (the real Blackbeard was really called William Teach) and we need to get rid of Rabid Jack for that...

However, the only things against Majarrat we'd gain would be rum and cannons... So are we gona take crates of rum to the ritual area, have a wild party and get them all drunk, and then let the pirates fire on them? I know this is Jagex, but even I wouldn't think they'd do that.

What Octarine spotted though was there were a few pictures of Mos le'Harmless on the Dev Blog for RotM, and also there are loads of strange rocks about the place (you use your ex-parrot on one to bring it back to life or something I've heard) that have magical ressurectional abilities... So I'd say it's more in line with that.

And I agree with the above poster... I find that kinda odd that they don't have NR there too... Just like it's Rocking Out instead of A Clockwork Syringe (thus further disproving the theory of Rabid Jack and the Pirate Captains)...

The pirates are suggested to be a formidable fighting force when necessary, just that the modern world has pushed them to the fringes. Plus the ritual site is quite near the sea and pirates have lots of ships, which could give covering fire with cannons in the big battle.

Personally I think its perfectly logical that it has nothing to do with Rabid Jack, it's got to be something Rocking Out gives us in terms of abilities and allies. The only the things we get are Rabid Jack lore expanded, useless to mahjaratt fight, and the trust of all the pirate captains, which can be useful in raising an army to fight.

Need for Mos Le'Harmless may apply but it can't be the reason for Rocking Out, we only need Cabin Fever for that; kinda like Fairy quests sure we need to get to Kethsi via fairy rings, but that doesn't justify fairy tale 3, all that justifies that is the Queen being indebted to us and again our need for allies. Alos the Dev blog having "alot" of pictures of it is wrong; dev blog has 3 pictures. 1 is mos le'harmless (presumably since jungle horrors are present, but no landmark features to be 100% certain), 1 is fally park, talking to tiffy cashien at a guess by location, 3rd is a "new area" that appears to be a dungeon.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Regarding NR, they confirmed multiple times that the Mahjarrat series and Nomad would not cross. Either they scrapped nomad completely or maybe his master is indeed not lucien.

Personally I think Nomad's master may be Drakan, fits the bill for a powerful master and Drakan is obviously up to something. Trying to gain a soul may be a logical choice for this, which would tie into Nomad's soul harvesting thingy.

But who knows, all thats for sure is his master is not Lucien, despite all the "evidence" (that doesn't really evidence any specific person at all), because we know the mahjaratt and nomad stories don't cross

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Anybody think it could be a RFD style quest with a sub quest for each main guy getting north and then a final part for when they're all there? Also if done like that do think they could add any more quest requirements? and if so what ones do you think?

They have all gone north already, its like the tagline end to a mahajaratt quest that they head north.

Plv6Dz6.jpg