01-Sep-11 BTS September

Toad

I think ROTM might be the first quest I'll do on release day since Tower of Life (No idea why I did that on release day). Not sure what to think of the rest of the month though. That prayer potion sounds nice, but I also have a feeling it will be completely useless. BXPW is always good fun. RSC doesn't interest me at all and neither do the Loyalty rewards.

All in all, a decent month but not much more than that.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wondering How on Gielinor am I going to raise my levels for all the high-level content that JAGEX keep launching?

People actually do that? What?

If the new Prayer potion is one whole update in itself, I'm going to be rather annoyed. BXPW, meh. Might participate if I don't have a ton of HW. Classic, meh, not many people really play it. ROTM looks to be the highlight of this month, though.

a70c7.png

I'm exited for the new spell. It's pretty obvious it will be on the Ancient spell book. It'll very likely have a higher level requirement than Ice Barrage, so it's base damage will probably vary from 310-340. 555 with Ice Barrage anyone, against players in the Wilderness? :shades:

If Rotm is as good as wgs with rewards like tds, I really don't care what else comes out this month.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I'm exited for the new spell. It's pretty obvious it will be on the Ancient spell book. It'll very likely have a higher level requirement than Ice Barrage, so it's base damage will probably vary from 310-340. 555 with Ice Barrage anyone, against players in the Wilderness? :shades:

Ancients are Zarosian magick remember, so basically if Zaros prevails then yes, perhaps him coming back and winning will expand into a Zarosian storyline and he will give us the new spell to start with, I guess the speculation begins here.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Wow @ New pray pots.

Now you can camp gods foreverevereverever.

Poor monsters, we're getting all these nice buffs and stuff but they stay the same :(

Interested in that new aura that increases prayer.

I would like to see some new training (with that aura + bone crusher + demon horns necklace) where you piety forever.

capt%20kevin.png

Ancients are Zarosian magick remember, so basically if Zaros prevails then yes, perhaps him coming back and winning will expand into a Zarosian storyline and he will give us the new spell to start with, I guess the speculation begins here.

Zaros was heavily involved in the Mahjarrat storyline (Desert Treasure, Temple at Senttisten) and we've gotten Ancient Magicks and Ancient Curses from him so I personally doubt we'll see a spell for the modern spell book or Lunar spell book :smile:

I think we'll do something good for Zaros and/or Azzandra and he'll give us a new Zaros spell as reward.

First update since I quit other than the new GWD boss that sparks my interest. Curious about the quest.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Zaros was heavily involved in the Mahjarrat storyline (Desert Treasure, Temple at Senttisten) and we've gotten Ancient Magicks and Ancient Curses from him so I personally doubt we'll see a spell for the modern spell book or Lunar spell book :smile:

I think we'll do something good for Zaros and/or Azzandra and he'll give us a new Zaros spell as reward.

I know those 2 were, Digsite was also a Zarosian quest, it'll be nice to see where they branch off from ROTM though.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I am veryyyy excited for ROTM, if they did anything like they did with the most recent quest I will be very happy. WGS was one of my favourite quests and this can only be better! Sounds like nice xp too. :P

BXPW is meh, but it'll probably get me the agility level I need for the quest then I'll be set.

Prayer potions sound good for slayer, and the auras sound neat.

On top of that I have my birthday. ;)

Also it mentioned new piece of ranging gear. Dragon crossbow anyone? Though I'd think ccbow trumps it, minus a special.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

So ya, looks like another decent month for RS, little content however, yet should be a decent month none the less. Though August was quite a nice though as I loved the trekking update, and as of yesterday I hear the quest was pretty amazing. :mrgreen:

If Rotm is as good as wgs with rewards like tds, I really don't care what else comes out this month.

Also this.

Even though I am greedy and I could use a few hours of BXP to get closer to max cape lol.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

The Branches of Darkmeyer official guide has been released. Can someone who has already completed the quest skim it to see exactly how useful and in-depth it really is? I'd do it myself, but I have a few quests to do before I can start it. :P

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/branches_of_darkmeyer_members

Disappointed that there's no mention of the new Slayer dungeon. :\

It does it is a reward from ROTM (but it doesn't mention slayer in it).

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

The Branches of Darkmeyer official guide has been released. Can someone who has already completed the quest skim it to see exactly how useful and in-depth it really is? I'd do it myself, but I have a few quests to do before I can start it. :P

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/branches_of_darkmeyer_members

Disappointed that there's no mention of the new Slayer dungeon. :\

It does it is a reward from ROTM (but it doesn't mention slayer in it).

No proof that is the slayer dungeon, slayer dungeon could be in october updates.

But yeah rotm does have a new dungeon in rewards, so could be.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Looks like an excellent month all around, some decent minor stuff as well as the hopefully amazing ROTM quest.

Also, inb4 the exp lamps are physically huge rather than the exp rewards they give being large.

7 years 'scape knowledge and counting

m8pu02.png

99 Attack - June 8th 2010 99 Defence - August 2nd 2011 99 HP - December 2nd 2011

Even though there's only one update this month, I still bet many people will renew their memberships just for that quest. I am tempted to do so myself, even though for all intents and purposes I have permanently quit the game (I play a different MMORPG now).

td2sig.jpg

I'm never excited for XP rewards of quests: those are boring and never efficient compared to grinding.

Much better are the less tanglible rewards: new areas, new moveing around options, new spells, new prayers etc etc.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.