Whip attack changed.

DragonFirenze

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was just about to post this,

i guess its dumb cause it looks dumb, but like everything else we gotta get used to it,

unless they change back

i dont like it, but i guess thats how u really WHIP something?

-mega-

really stupid looking not to mention that there is no difference in the appearance of the different attack styles like there was =[

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Guy's, I have not logged in to see it in motion, but that kind of looks like how a real whip acts. You dont just lightly flail it against your target like we have been doing.

You whip it back, and the kinetic force, combined with the weighted tip streightens for a second. You whip it back and it stays straight until it hits, then releasing the kinetic force into the target and damaging it.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

You whip it back, and the kinetic force, combined with the weighted tip streightens for a second. You whip it back and it stays straight until it hits, then releasing the kinetic force into the target and damaging it.

MATH!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH

Socc.png

Socc | 99 Magic | 95/99 Range | 99 Defence | 99 Hitpoints | 96/99 Summoning |Join SODB for some monster Slayin! |

But we can all agree it looks better than what it was yesterday..right?

No way, it looks awful now. Ironically I had guessed that the second I buy a whip, Jagex would change it in the next update to make it look rubbish.

Did you see before it broke into two pieces when you swung it ?

i thought whips were like a flick motion. its the same princible as flicking somebody with a towell in the changing rooms.

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

The flicking motion worked just as well.. IMO swinging the whip all the way around would be like trying to just club them with the whip..

I haven't seen the animation myself yet, and I really don't care, but the flicking made sense to me..

35b9enp.jpg

MATH!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH

COMMON SENSE!!! AAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

:lol:

Well i guess getting the right whip animation in a game like this, that basicaly has a very very small frame rate is very hard. We studied whips-like motion in our wave propagation classes in order to test an high-frequency sampler and i have to assure you that trying to construct a good looking movement in a veeeery small number of samples (in this game, frames) isn't an easy task at all.

Bari's explanations is correct. And the new animation itself is somehow better than before phisicaly. The impressed movement is probably too wide and ends up looking like an high to low axe swing, while probably the whole whip movement area would be compressed in a way smaller, mid-air centered area, with an horizontal strike coming from the side. Anyway what's certain is that the whip, before striking, has a very "straight" look given by the propagation of the wirst-generated force from handle to tip (that generating the forward thrust, too) and Jagex spotted it correctly.

I personaly like this more than before.

If you don't remember you hit the same, so you'll eventualy get used to it and keep loving your weapon :P