Just WHAT is a solid money gaining activity?

pulli23

Hi there,

My combat stats are in the mid - 90s. Apart from prayer, summoning + herblore (can use extremes now though). I have a tortoise as best familair, prayer is 86. I do own a chaotic rapier and have enough to buy a second chaotic.

I'm specifically looking for a method to raise my cash so I can fund above 3 skills. What I tried:

frost dragons - Way too many bots nowadays

tormented demons - either I got terribly unlucky, but I haven't had any good drop there. Besides all things it drops are crashing hard, I fear the moment I finally understand them well the drops are under the ground.

Merchanting - Problem with this is that I have the tendency of "disappear" suddenly, from the one day on the other I have to quit. I can't sell my stuff than anymore so only long term profits can be gained. Which with the current way how rs works, is terrible.

Boss hunting - Wish I could do this, but I'm never accepted for the real profitable bosses. Because I got no money/skills.

Slayer - Well got me so far. However it is slow money and i"m looking 2-3 years ahead for 95 prayer there.

What other effective methods exist nowadays? Is green dragon bot farming any good?

I'm looking at more or less 2M+ hourly, as that were my profits before I last quitted with frost dragons.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solo hybrid DKs?

Idk how crowded it is, haven't gone in a looong time, but the ring drops aren't that uncommon, and I'm pretty sure you'd clear at least 1-2m/h

Last I head solo dks was only profitable (nowadays) with a yak - I'm far away from that still.

A unicorn I might gain sometime, I've already got the charms for a unicorn "banked". Would a unicorn be better to get or 95 prayer first?

Then they came for me

I've heard farm running is very good. If you're like me, who's lazy and doesn't want to play so much to make money, try lending items (specifically godswords, claws and phats) including offering assistance

for a sum of gp. You can average 2m a day AND you can also maybe work for a few bit to increase your income. I've saved a ton of money just lending my phat and eventually worked my way up from

upgrading my green to a red mask plus a couple mill gp to host a nice drop party. ^^

I've heard farm running is very good. If you're like me, who's lazy and doesn't want to play so much to make money, try lending items (specifically godswords, claws and phats) including offering assistance

for a sum of gp. You can average 2m a day AND you can also maybe work for a few bit to increase your income. I've saved a ton of money just lending my phat and eventually worked my way up from

upgrading my green to a red mask plus a couple mill gp to host a nice drop party. ^^

Well you got to earn those items in the first place.

I have about 30M cash. Maybe 40 if I sell some surplus items. Lending claws doesn't really make faster money than the drop of claw price I fear.

Then they came for me

really the only effective ways for money now are bosses/merching/daily herb runs

if you dont really want to boss or merch, that leaves farming. and since the only herbs worth over 10k ea are torstols, you should get 85 farm if you dont have it.

i made about 100m off farming snaps before bxw, but all the herb prices are still dropping.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

really the only effective ways for money now are bosses/merching/daily herb runs

if you dont really want to boss or merch, that leaves farming. and since the only herbs worth over 10k ea are torstols, you should get 85 farm if you dont have it.

i made about 100m off farming snaps before bxw, but all the herb prices are still dropping.

Well are there any boss (teams) which I can do without overloads/curses/unicorn?

Then they came for me

overloads, curses, and uni/yaks are used at practically all bosses. if you dont have them, likely to get crashed by someone who does.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

overloads, curses, and uni/yaks are used at practically all bosses. if you dont have them, likely to get crashed by someone who does.

So, let me get this straight:

You can only start making money AFTER you have all the expensive things out of the way? - IE: you don't need more money apart from novelty features?

Really apart from merchanting, is there nothing a player can do to actually get those more expensive things done?

Then they came for me

You can only start making money AFTER you have all the expensive things out of the way? - IE: you don't need more money apart from novelty features?

Really apart from merchanting, is there nothing a player can do to actually get those more expensive things done?

These days all the "easy" money makers are a thing of the past. Bots made sure of that. There's really nothing, apart from farming, that really makes anything close to decent.

These days all the "easy" money makers are a thing of the past. Bots made sure of that. There's really nothing, apart from farming, that really makes anything close to decent.

uhm so what can someone do then.. Who just started?

Then they came for me

I funded my 95 prayer through farming and Miscellania, grinding-free. Took me a couple months, but not too long. This was back before infernal ashes and frost dragon bones were around, of course.

I really have no idea. For me, i find the best money-makers to be TDs, Nex and DKs to a certain extent. TDs would probably be the only one of them that you would be able to do to some degree of efficiency. But your kills wont be as fast and your trips won't last as long if you don't have a unicorn and at least extremes.

My advice would be to just stick to Slayer and regular herb runs for now. The money won't be great, but it's going to be something.

Just a question though, what exactly do you plan on spending the money on?

I really have no idea. For me, i find the best money-makers to be TDs, Nex and DKs to a certain extent. TDs would probably be the only one of them that you would be able to do to some degree of efficiency. But your kills wont be as fast and your trips won't last as long if you don't have a unicorn and at least extremes.

My advice would be to just stick to Slayer and regular herb runs for now. The money won't be great, but it's going to be something.

Just a question though, what exactly do you plan on spending the money on?

Well I have extremes.. And *can* get unicorns (got charms).

I'm spending omney on 95 herb, pray & summon. Just to keep track where I lost the game a few years ago.

Then they came for me

Alright the only thing i can think of then is to get 88 Summoning as soon as you can then start TDs.

With Rapier and Karil Xbow your kills should be fairly fast. You should be able to get at least 30 kills/h, which is a decent place to start. This could possibly net you upwards of 2m/h.

Getting that unicorn will open up a lot of bosses for you, glacors, tds, dks and GWD.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I think the theory behind it was supposed to be you-grind-hard you make money. It's like every other MMO out there. :P

The basic problem is that you need a fairly high tier in any skill to actually make money. Short of gambling your soul away at those scamming places or getting a lucky drop where...

Runecrafting can still bring in 300k-500k an hour, which is chump change in comparison to what you make at those bosses, but it's slow and steady and consistent.

Mining Runite Ore can still be surprisingly profitable. About 400k-500k if you've done enough quests/have D. Pickaxe, but can go higher depending on competition.

If you have 91 Hunter you can try hunting implings. Sometimes a jar from the Kingly ones give you an uncut Onyx which is what, ~7mil?

I also tend to run all the randoms. Y'know, buying chocolate bars and feathers and vials and etc. Pick up sands and free stuff. That sort of thing. That can bring in about a 1mil for 45 minutes of work.

Those things aren't usefull at all. Or are you saying while everything got more expensive since 5 years ago, you make way less money with skilling - and that is normal? If less money is earned globally it's only normal that all prices drop.

Then they came for me

What about high-level skilling in general?

Nothing compared to bossing, merchanting, or someone who's skilled/lucky at PVP.

A lot of even high level skills have bots at them. So aside from farming, everything is basically flooded.

High level skilling (ever since ghraahking was added) is simply something I can't even consider anymore.

Anyways, just for references: what are the expected profits should I go (blue/green) dragon hunting? - And what about the barrows?

Then they came for me

Barrows is your best bet right now, no competition, not grindy (mostly), 1-1.5m/hr. Dragons are 1m/hr perhaps but bones are well below 3k.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

also sorry if anyone pointed this out, but bots cannot function on foreign worlds so doing frost dragons on them really isnt too bad. id say its about 1.5mill an hour, although there are real players there. other then that farm, MTK, and do some bosses, making money doesnt have to be a chore. :P

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

also sorry if anyone pointed this out, but bots cannot function on foreign worlds so doing frost dragons on them really isnt too bad. id say its about 1.5mill an hour, although there are real players there. other then that farm, MTK, and do some bosses, making money doesnt have to be a chore. :P

Well MTK is VERY slow (as in, total time needed, not for time spend though).

Farming - I'm going to wait till herbs stabalize, got 2k snapdragon to sell still.

I personally always like seeing my money pile slowly but steadily grow. Hence I did rc back in 2007 a lot (And I only did boss hunting for fun, often lost much more than I earned on trips). But I more or less just wanted to know what those numbers were for a reference. To see how well TD's will go, TD's do earn if you're unlucky and don't get claws don't they?

Then they came for me