Golden/Holiday Scythe Discussion

Urza285

I'd like to remind jagex that they haven't won the golden joysticks yet ....

And yet they have already made a celebratory item..cheeky bastards.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the sock mask would be a Runefest-specific reward? I'd imagine that the golden scythe will be given out to everyone like the golden hammer was given to everyone when Jagex won the Golden Joysticks thing.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

The Runefest specific item is some hood with the logo on it, so I don't think the sock mask/golden scythe will be specific to Runefest attendees.

I was thinking about bringing this up, but I thought about the possibility of Jagex releasing a runefest attendance item for the halloween event.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Again, I ask: What is this October 29th event?

A performance-type thing in Death's citadel theater, I think. 2PM BST/GMT/whichever is in effect at the time.

Better [bleep]ing not be. I go clubing the night before for my 21st and the event would be 5AM next morning. It's bad enough I can never goto TET events and TETAU has died during and since my time, but I'll be damned if Jagex pulls this on Aussies.

Popoto.~<3

Again, I ask: What is this October 29th event?

A performance-type thing in Death's citadel theater, I think. 2PM BST/GMT/whichever is in effect at the time.

Better [bleep]ing not be. I go clubing the night before for my 21st and the event would be 5AM next morning. It's bad enough I can never goto TET events and TETAU has died during and since my time, but I'll be damned if Jagex pulls this on Aussies.

Unfortunately for Australia players, the performance *is* at that time. To be honest, I wish they had a second event at Death's citadel for players who aren't American or European, but they seem to forget or not bother. :|

Unfortunately for Australia players, the performance *is* at that time. To be honest, I wish they had a second event at Death's citadel for players who aren't American or European, but they seem to forget or not bother. :|

Hopefully they don't have something like a one-time item giveaway at that time. Speaking from experience about Jagex events, you won't be missing much otherwise.

Hopefully they don't have something like a one-time item giveaway at that time. Speaking from experience about Jagex events, you won't be missing much otherwise.

Since I usually get up before 8 am est, I might just check out anyway out of boredom. Hopefully, there isn't some item giveaway at it.

Some people argue that stuff like the golden scythe, squirrel ears, easter carrot was released for all the whiners who wanted the scythe, bunny ears and rubber chicken respectively. I'd like to point out that not re-releasing the scythe, bunny ears and rubber chicken is just catering to whiners who want to feel special and have a sense of entitlement.

Nailed it!

nyuseg.png

It seems a little strange to me that they would make an item to celebrate something they haven't won.

9 A.M. on a Saturday... And I'm going to be at my hunting camp on the 29th. Sounds like it's very unlikely I'll make it to this event. Oh well.

Either they release the scythe for the Golden Joystick rewards, or perhaps at the 29th event. Not sure about the sock mask, maybe that'll be at the 29th event too. Or these will both be Runefest exclusives and 99.9% of RS players are very sad.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

It seems unlikely that what ever is happening will be a one-time only thing. Especially if they'll be giving away an item. They learned their lesson about that years ago, that's why holiday events now span two weeks instead of a specific time on one day. The current Jagex heads wouldn't risk upsetting that many paying customers.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It seems unlikely that what ever is happening will be a one-time only thing. Especially if they'll be giving away an item. They learned their lesson about that years ago, that's why holiday events now span two weeks instead of a specific time on one day. The current Jagex heads wouldn't risk upsetting that many paying customers.

Especially when they're getting barked at for a number of other issues like botting, favor to certain groups, and such other things.

What are the golden scythe and sock mask items? Are they for RuneFest?

Death: No comment. Check my note on The Horsemens noticeboard.

Mod Srowley: All Ill say is that youll find out more about them when the content theyre attached to is released.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I have a 2003 Scythe myself, and I have no problem with the Golden Scythe coming into existence as long as it isn't a blatant rip off of the 2003 scythe.

However, if the Golden Scythe turns out to be a rip off of the 2003 scythe, I will be barking for a while, and not the bark you find on trees.

Yes, at 2 PM BST, so it's about 8 am for me (EST).

Unless I misread the time conversion. Anyone who isn't a morning person or has bad luck will either make it late or miss it entirely.

I think est is still -5 bst, so wouldn't that make it 9 am for est'ers?

I bet they did it slightly early to help keep the crowds managable. I still think a ton of people will try to be there, and it will be crazy populated.

I am just thinking of alpha base last year when we had a good 300-500 people at the boars head.