go green for halloween

Shady Character

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably is to hit target sales figures/etc set by high street stores I'd guess.. Even though it'd be nice to see something for the people who have a subscription, I'm happy with my lower price for now to be honest, I always felt the game card offers were trying to lure people out of the old price for subscriptions that many of us are still on

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

What's with their obsession for bonus items through pre-paid cards?

Green tone is rather light as well.

I say we petition them for "Hulk green".

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Is there any pics to emphasize how light of a green it is? Is it sick green? Zombie green?

Is there any pics to emphasize how light of a green it is? Is it sick green? Zombie green?

The green I want:

12_umvc3art24.jpg

The green they gave us:

Green_Skin.png

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Not really much to discuss, generally not worth posting news like this.

Now we can discuss how much we hate that Jagex is trying to get us to spend money with rewards for redeeming membership cards.

The shade of green is terrible. I have to renew my membership here soon, and use the cards anyway, but I can't imagine I would want to change myself that color, its terrible.

35b9enp.jpg

Yet more stupid marketing ploys....when will the madness end?

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

It'd be nice if they did something for those of us with a recurring subscription.

Yup, Besides that dumb Loyalty thing.

"We're gunna even the playing field and make it your points dont start until now mkay? so *middle finger* to those who've been pay and playing for so many years."

If we could look like elves, probably, but green? REALLY?

Popoto.~<3

Not really much to discuss, generally not worth posting news like this.

Now we can discuss how much we hate that Jagex is trying to get us to spend money with rewards for redeeming membership cards.

The shade of green is terrible. I have to renew my membership here soon, and use the cards anyway, but I can't imagine I would want to change myself that color, its terrible.

This. Getting green skin unlocked is simply the result of me renewing. Honestly, I am wondering if they play on making us buy a $20 90-day car for a red skin, which would be rather interesting to unlock compared to "green" skin which looks like someone who is sick.

I think this is only the beginning. I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with 6 month or 1 year game cards just so they can thrown in some overpowered or very desirable limited time only gifts to lure people in.

I'm pretty sure the cards aren't available here. What a ridiculous offer. Why not put something out for the people paying for membership, not just the ones using the stupid prepaid card (AFAIK they're not available here).

There are some online retailers that sell RS game cards and email you the code after the purchase. It might work for this, someone would have to give it a shot.

Waaay off-topic, but what the [bleep] ever happened to Jagex's plan to redo the character face models or whatever and allow us to have more customization? (eye color, makeup, etc)

I guess they plan on making us pay for it now... <_<

2480+ total

Well, at least this one is purely cosmetic, as opposed to the Katana which is an incredibly good weapon at the levels you can wield it at. Albeit those levels are extremely low anyways, but still. The Katana bugged me more.

Also, a long time ago in a Q&A, Jagex mentioned they're against RWT for in-game benefits (which the Katana is debateable considering how low level of an item it is) but that selling purely cosmetic rewards is something that they aren't dead-set against.

Still, I'd rather if I could just shell out 5 bucks through my visa to get this then be FORCED to buy a game card.

Y'know, if I in any way wanted it.

Well, been mentioned before, game-cards cost more because some of the money needs to go to the retailer for providing the game cards. Thus they are more expensive. This sort of thing in an attempt to justify a reason for paying the higher price for a game-card.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Actually, the katana is equivalent to an iron 2h, so you can spend whatever that amount of money to save on ... 70gp, really? :P

I'm pretty sure you can top up recurring memberships (credit card) with a game card, even though it's going to end up costing you more. That said, I'd really rather they add some other payment method/in-game method of obtaining these items, instead of insisting on releasing through only game cards (which is what it looks like they're set on doing).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I ended up getting a game card for it, but I pay via game cards anyways, so this wasn't really a big deal for me. I wish the green was darker (as dark as the Zombie Costume) but I don't really care.

They should at least make it possible to get by loyality points too. Maybe half a year after it, but why make it one time only, it is not a holiday gift...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I just want bright red skin, okay? I'd rather be a D-Man than a plant/zombie/irradiated mutant person any day. Oh, or blue skin, smurfs are pretty cool too.

I was hoping wacky skin tones would be added to the game, but after seeing green skin is some promotional benefit, I'm not so sure about the rest...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

if i already have an active membership can i still redeem cards? :s

Yep. If you have recurring, it just adds 30 days to your account. I did this with the Katana while I had recurring on. When you cancel the recurring subscription, it adds the 30 or however many days you got from pre-paid cards. So when I cancelled my recurring after buying the Katana card in July/August, my membership was set to expire in November.

If you don't have recurring, it just adds the amount of days from the card to your membership days.

I just want bright red skin, okay? I'd rather be a D-Man than a plant/zombie/irradiated mutant person any day. Oh, or blue skin, smurfs are pretty cool too.

I was hoping wacky skin tones would be added to the game, but after seeing green skin is some promotional benefit, I'm not so sure about the rest...

Was discussing this with a Zak but I figure they just did green because it was so readily available.

Technically, your light red skin is already in game, so we may see it available yet. When membership card sales dip again, anyway...

There's also fluorescent blue and green, and the whole range of cheeze yellow to turquoise. Maybe some others, but I can't think of them at the moment.

2dgucz6.png

They should at least make it possible to get by loyality points too. Maybe half a year after it, but why make it one time only, it is not a holiday gift...

It kinda is..

Although this offer is limited to the dates above, the colour

change option will be permanently available once unlocked, so

zombies, sugar-fiends and those spending time in Burgh de

Rott can maintain an appropriately peaky pallor all year round.

It was made to be a promo for those who bought membership via cards on Halloween.

People have already paid for it, why would Jagex tell everyone that it was for the above dates only and then turn around and say something like "Actually we are making it free now, TROLOLOLOLOLOL!"

11v40tj.png

Went on IRL quest with friend to get cards lol (wouldn't have bothered if I didn't have so much change and a friend lying around :P). We thought they would be specially marked so it was a bit confusing, but any of them right now should work.

Gamestop sells blue ones with the elvarg destroying crandor background, Target sells green/red 30/90 ones with DG chars, 30/green which are what we got which worked.

$7.95 total. We think that you get it unlocked by redeeming the codes before Nov. 4, rather than the item being tied to the cards themselves.

2dgucz6.png

It kinda is..

Although this offer is limited to the dates above, the colour

change option will be permanently available once unlocked, so

zombies, sugar-fiends and those spending time in Burgh de

Rott can maintain an appropriately peaky pallor all year round.

It was made to be a promo for those who bought membership via cards on Halloween.

People have already paid for it, why would Jagex tell everyone that it was for the above dates only and then turn around and say something like "Actually we are making it free now, TROLOLOLOLOLOL!"

I never said they would make it free, but that you would have to spend loyalty points or something like that on it. Because I don't even have the option of getting it because I live in the Netherlands where they don't sell the cards. They got it for free by their membership and I should pay for it with loyalty points, I don't get how that sounds free to you, but hey it was an idea it is not like they would even do it ;)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!