Experienced Noob

blosssom2581

After much hiatus, I have finally decided to come back to Runescape and pay for membership

Even I am a relatively high levelled player (by f2p standards), as I have never been a member before, I am overwhelmed by the details that is presented to me and amount of choices that I can make

Here is my current status

Levels

98490621.png

Equipment (Bought abyssal whip, somehow it is very cheap)

29124442.png

Bank

67505964.png

18633004.png

As you have probably noticed, I have finished Duric Ritual, Priest in Peril and Fishing Contest Quests

What quests should I do for my level? Surely I want to be comparable to most other members of my level, and also make best use of my skilling

Also, what should be the sequence, i.e. order of doing quests? I feel particularly puzzled by quests, as the "interlocking" pre-requisites make me difficult to start from scratch

Also, what equipments should I use? I feel that abyssal whip is going to be helpful (especially it is dirt cheap now), and dragonhide is okay for ranged. How about mage? And how about my rune (sara). Should I get a better armor than full rune?

Thanks everyone

Currently taking a break from Runescape

Start with all of the ones listed "easy" on the quest guide section of this website. Most of the quests in this game are inter-related and you have to do the easy ones to access the more rewarding ones. You should to wolf whistle, heros, monkey madness, death plateau, fremmenik trials/isles and the plague city quests asap. Not to mention others such as smoking kills, desert treasure, and legends.

For quests, you should definetly try and finish Recipe for Disaster first as you will get barrows gloves from it aswell as completing many other pre quests. Fremmenik isles would be another important quest.

A chaotic rapier would also be worth getting asap.

Other than that, do slayer for combat training, you'll regret it if you don't (I certainly do anyway...) and start doing herb runs whenever possible, however that requires 32(?) farming before it's any good for cash. I gained most of my early farming lvls while training thieving at sorceresses garden, though I'm sure this isn't the best way to train farming or thieving at low lvls, it's just what I did.

Good luck.

Quests, Quests and more Quests! Yes, you've certainly got a lot of quality time ahead of you if you do all the quests you possibly can! It's a great idea and I think you're on the right path.

However, before you get too far along with this cunning plan, I would suggest that you do two things:

First - train all of your new-found (P2P) skills. There's a lot of low-level quests that have skill requirements, and it will come in handy now to spend your first few hours of your membership time training those level (1) skills to something more useful – like level 35-50. It doesn't take long to train a skill to 50, and you could easily have 50 in all those skills within 4 or 5 days, tops – depending on how much you play.

Second - upgrade some of your current gear to something a little more useful: it appears that you have the levels to wear better gear than rune, so I'd suggest upgrading ASAP. Dragon legs and boots are not too expensive. You could use a ring of wealth and an amulet of glory. An obsidian cape will give you some much needed bonuses too.

Oh -- and get a BANK PIN! :unsure:

That's three things!

If you've got questions in-game, I am usually on-line most evenings. Feel free to add me in-game and I will help you out.

If you're seeking more help than that, feel free to visit my clan's chat ("Team Walmart"). You'd be hard-pressed to find a more helpful and friendly bunch.

Let 'em know that Bly sent you.

:lol:

:grin:

nyuseg.png

in after elitism and inb4 "you need overloads now otherwise you suck"

you do not *need* a rapier as soon as possible. you can do perfectly fine with a whip until you decide you need a rapier.

However, the rest of above peoples comments ring true.

farming, slayer, questing, herblore are the ones to work on now youre a member. summoning too when you decide to do so

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

You'll be seeing lots of charms drop from the monsters you kill while in p2p worlds, collect all those, they're for summoning, a skill which is relatively fast once you have the charms.

As previously said, slayer is a good way to train up your combat skills, for this you'll want to look at investing in a black mask (currently costs 640k), which gives you an invisible boost to attack and strength of 15% when fighting a monster you've been assigned as your slayer task. I would advise looking at buying dragon boots and an amulet of glory. Getting a defender from the warriors guild is the most popular choice for the shield spot and is available from the warriors guild (it's untradeable), tip it's guide is here http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=warriors_guild.htm Although, for full gear recommendations you're going to need to say how much cash you've got to work with

While the gloves from recipe for disaster are good, that quest has a lot of pre-requisites. Some other quests you might want to do that aren't listed are tree gnome village/gnome stronghold, these will unlock gnome gliders and spirit trees, which are useful transport options. Stronghold has an agility requirement in the mid 30's if I recall correctly, which would also be a good starting point for agility (and the quest is done in the same area as the first agility arena).

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

you do not *need* a rapier as soon as possible. you can do perfectly fine with a whip until you decide you need a rapier.

farming, slayer, questing, herblore are the ones to work on now youre a member. summoning too when you decide to do so

He never said you *need* a rapier. He said it's worth getting asap, big difference.

On topic: Look at your quest list, make sure filter is checked off and start on quests, a lot give good exp and are relatively easy and quick to do at your level.

Angelic_Whim.png

Work yourself towards Recipe for Disaster and While Guthix Sleeps.

In setting your goals to completing these quests, you'll naturally unlock a great deal of useful rewards and get a good amount of quests done. They'll also give you decent skill goals.

Wow, I have to say I envy you. I still remember my first ever month playing p2p, what an experience it was! Now I take being members for granted and have joined all the other moronic ranters [bleep]ing about how bad this game is. I hope you enjoy your time as p2p though, don't take the downers ("RS sucks, just quit" etc. etc.) too seriously.

Anyhow, definitely try out as many different quests as you can. They're a great starting place for learning what all the various p2p skills are like what, where everything is (just look at that world map! plenty to explore), and what new items you can play with. As mentioned before, slayer is a good skill to begin with as it helps out with leveling combat as well (and reduces the monotony to some extent). Farming is worth doing as it's a way to get a constant cashflow to build your bank with.

There's a lot of content to experience if you've never been p2p; don't rush yourself, I'd say for at least the first month you should just attempt to try out as many things as you can and then stick with something you really liked.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

I recommend "One Small Favour" once you can do it. Fun quest :).

Good quests to focus on are a Fairy Tale part 1 (and eventually 2 and 3) as well as Garden of Tranquility right after, to give that farming level a big boost.

To improve your equipment, you'll want Fremmenik Trials and eventually Isles, for helmets (+3 strength and +3 prayer over your current helmet). Recipe for Disaster for gloves (+12 strength and attack over your current). Nomad's Requiem or Fight Caves for a cape, although those are probably far off (+12 prayer or +4 strength, +1 attack, +2 prayer over your current). Dragon boots are a decent item to get once you have a spare 150k or so, another +4 strength is pretty nice. Get an amulet of glory. Very important is the dragon defender, a free (well, costs time) shield slot item with +25 stab, +24 slash and +23 crush attack and +6 strength. For cheap, you can get a ring of wealth. Body and legs can be replaced by Verac's (+9 prayer bonus over rune, and tons more defence).

In p2p, prayer and strength bonus are important, mostly because the ability to restore prayer at any time (aka prayer pots) make protect prayers viable at all times, making defence much less important (and soul split later on changes that again). Strength bonus simply increases max hit (every +4 to strength is 1/16th of your strength level added to max, including pots/prayers) and through that kill speed.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I would train some agility so run energy comes back faster. In addition, you could try going for all skills 30+ or 40+. Some of those will be boring and you can do quests for some experience as well. Once you have all skills 40+, then you can do many things and I'm sure you'll have a good idea what you want to do.

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

Worth getting and you have to get are very different. I just suggested he get one when he can because it helps a lot, that's all.

Just do a bunch of whatever quests you can do. Basically, the more quests you do, the better. And do them sooner rather than later because the xp rewards will be more useful at low levels.

Worth getting and you have to get are very different. I just suggested he get one when he can because it helps a lot, that's all.

I am skeptical that that's useful advice for someone just starting at P2P with, like, lv1 in all the P2P skills and no gear better than katagon.

Do Throne of Miscellania as soon as you can as well, and Royal trouble afterwards. Read up on "Manage Thy Kingdom" on the tip it guide, tell you what kind of goods you can get out of your sla... i mean workers.

It will be invaluable at early p2p because the seeds you can get from the tree nests from maple logs provides tree seeds, and those give good xp per seed.

Also, you will want to do Ghosts Ahoy for the Ectophial (free instant teleport to the Morytania area, and easy access to the farming patch there).

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

A chaotic rapier would also be worth getting

would also be worth getting

*need* a rapier

Alright then.

OT: Quests quests quests! Try clearing through easier quests/quests that look interesting to you, getting the skills for them in the process. You'll learn a lot about how members works that way.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.