firemaking's curse

turothking

it seems stupid to me that so many people are complaining bacause of the firemaking lvl req in the upcoming quest. its supposed to be a hig lvl fm quest right? :P

and besides you can easily get to lvl 90 fm.

i spent 3 days at the jadinko lair and got from 92-99, wich was over 6m xp, so the 4-5m xp from the latest higher fm req for a quest (lvl 71) is easily achievable

Turothking.png

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All people complain about is that RS gets too easy but when something "hard" is released they complain about it being too hard.

It's just the way the RS community works I guess.

sigtsg99tq3.png

You're forgetting that at lvl 71 fm you don't have access to curly roots though,so you're xp rates will be lower and (I think) alot more click intensive.

I agree with you though,fm is a fast enough skill that the jump (although large) doesn't matter too much,I guess people just thinkbecause 90 is a high number it's really hard to get to lol.

85 Would probably be a bit more acceptable in my opinion, but 90 is just a tad bit too high to the average quester. Still, 85 + curly roots shouldn't take long for me. (assuming the reward doesn't suck)

Popoto.~<3

You're forgetting that at lvl 71 fm you don't have access to curly roots though,so you're xp rates will be lower and (I think) alot more click intensive.

I agree with you though,fm is a fast enough skill that the jump (although large) doesn't matter too much,I guess people just thinkbecause 90 is a high number it's really hard to get to lol.

nope when i made this thread i had that in mind, but from 71-83 its like what? 2m xp or something? which by doing doing maples,yews or magics is pretty quick to get. and from 83-90 would probs take 1-2 days (at least for me)

its espescially easy now that the toolbelt is out, because u have the right click burn, r if u use a log that u cant fletch, u even have a left click burn (for example teak). so its really easy even before 83 fm ;)

I think that it is good that there's a quest that has high level requirements.

yes i agree ;)

hope the rewards are mathing the req's as well :)

All people complain about is that RS gets too easy but when something "hard" is released they complain about it being too hard.

It's just the way the RS community works I guess.

yes ikr. the rs community is too good at complaining, and not as good at appreciating what they have or get lol

Turothking.png

I'm not really complaining that the requirements are too high (after all part of the reason I train levels is for quests), but 71-90 firemaking is an extremely huge jump, bearing in mind that firemaking is seldom trained for practical purposes. That being said, this should give me a nice few levels towards 2000 total.

The problem is how it's such a pointless and artificial increase.

All of a sudden a quest requires a skill that's 90?

The last ones were like 80 or something and those were high. If these kinds of increases are done in the future, soon many skills require 90s or even 99s for quests.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

well it is a quest aimed at high level firemakers, so of course the level req will be high (duh?) and as i have said earlier getting 90 can be achieved in a couple of days if you put ur mind to it.

also, of course the level req's for quest wil get higher and higher, because the skills just get easier to train as jagex release new ways to train them.

Turothking.png

I think the main problem is like what Ring World said, the first 90 requirement is in a useless skill.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

well it is a quest aimed at high level firemakers, so of course the level req will be high (duh?) and as i have said earlier getting 90 can be achieved in a couple of days if you put ur mind to it.

also, of course the level req's for quest wil get higher and higher, because the skills just get easier to train as jagex release new ways to train them.

I get the intent but its pretty stupid to ask players to invest THAT many hours on a skill pointless before and after the quest.

why is that stupid? why should a player not have to work for the req's for once? and if u dont feel like using a "long time" doing the skill, just do magic logs with a pyre lord. that is 600k xp/h so u can easily get the 4.5m xp ;)

also i do realise firemaking is pointless lol, i only got 99 because a clanmate said i wouldn't be able to get it before new years :P (needless to say i won haha)

Turothking.png

People are complaining because that's what they do.

Their reason is easily identified: They're considering the number jump, rather than the difficulty.

Which, to a certain extent, I can agree with. But it is a quest aimed at firemakers, not a firemaking quest aimed at questers. It's just sadly collaterally affecting questers.

I assume, and actually hope, that we see more higher-level quests aimed at certain skills or skill sets, such as one requiring multiple 75-90 creation skills (Crafting, Smithing, Fletching, etc).

And, for this quest in specific, that the high requirement is justified by an impressive task DURING the quest, rather than just ending reward or training method. It seems this is rarely so, though.

2dgucz6.png

it seems stupid to me that so many people are complaining bacause of the firemaking lvl req in the upcoming quest. its supposed to be a hig lvl fm quest right? :P

i spent 3 days at the jadinko lair and got from 92-99, wich was over 6m xp, so the 4-5m xp from the latest higher fm req for a quest (lvl 71) is easily achievable

Anyone find it annoying when people say they can get X skill level in Y number of days? Seriously, do these guys think we know how long they spend playing every day to put their dismissive statement into context?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Not upset because I think its hard, because its not. Even if I end up chopping all the logs for 80-90 myself (which I will because I refuse to spend money on a skill I never use).

I'm a bit ticked off because I never planned on levelling the skill again, at least not past 85 which I thought was the upper limit for quest reqs, and because this is going to be a huge suck on my free time, and time spent not achieving my main goal of agile armour, because I want to keep my quest cape.

Also, not everyone has the slayer to handle the jadinko lair.

All in all, I probably wont be able to do this quest on the first day, which is a slight dissapointment since I normally make a point of having my quest cape back before anyone can make a coherent quest guide, which means I normally have to get them done in about the first 18 hours. This doesn't seem like a very important quest though, story wise (as in its not linked to other quests that are heavy on RS lore), so I'll be able to wait. I'd still like to have my cape when the month ends though.

I wouldn't have minded a useful skill being picked. I have no use for an adze, unless I wanted to train firemaking super slow, since I am 99 wc, and I always cook things on a range because fires burn more, and I have access to the cooking guild range which is practically in the bank booth itself. The only thing the skill gets used for by me is some occasional use in dungeoneering.

On the other hand, they could have picked a lot worse. They could have picked an expensive skill, or one that is slow to train. I just hope that lighting logs is the default option if you have both a knife and tinderbox in your belt (and it should be since fletching has a fletch-x option which fm lacks).

Ring_World no the average player would not train with maples, not if they are 83 fm.

or haven't you heard of curly roots in jadinko lair? its free and 200-300k xp/h

I havent heard of it (got 99 a while back), but its a pretty dry and boring grind for a good number of hours just for an arbitrary requirement and nothing more.

I get they want it to be elite and guess what even with that requirement im included in that elite, however I disagree with them pushing lore/quest lovers into pointless grinds like firemaking.

Its kind of like instead of a skill requirement you instead need to do a mini quest which requires you to click something 20k times to access the quest.

while i agree it is a pointless skill, and of course it is a grind to get to lvl 90, it is very quick and easy. i suppose i understand ur complaint if you havent heard of curly roots.

curly roots = a semi afkable firemaking method that is quite quick and easy to do ;)

Turothking.png

I just hope that lighting logs is the default option if you have both a knife and tinderbox in your belt (and it should be since fletching has a fletch-x option which fm lacks).

If you're using logs (maples, for example) that can be used for both fletching and firemaking, the fletching option always comes first ('craft') and the firemaking option second ('light'). If you're using logs that can only be used for firemaking (but not fletching, such as teak logs) you have a left-click 'light' option.

Got the info from Turothking, from an earlier post of his in this thread.

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is for Good Men to do Nothing. (Edmund Burke)

Anyone find it annoying when people say they can get X skill level in Y number of days? Seriously, do these guys think we know how long they spend playing every day to put their dismissive statement into context?

sorry about that. i spent a good amount of time every day doing firemaking, but i am not quite sure how much. maybe 8-ish hours i think

Turothking.png

I get the intent but its pretty stupid to ask players to invest THAT many hours on a skill pointless before and after the quest.

It's not really stupid. If people don't want to do it, they don't have to. It's not as if the Quest Cape offers great stats for people to sacrifice their playing style in order to re-obtain it.

It's a great step in the right direction that is finally in line with how difficult they wanted the Quest Cape to be all along.

hzvjpwS.gif

I just hope that lighting logs is the default option if you have both a knife and tinderbox in your belt (and it should be since fletching has a fletch-x option which fm lacks).

If you're using logs (maples, for example) that can be used for both fletching and firemaking, the fletching option always comes first ('craft') and the firemaking option second ('light'). If you're using logs that can only be used for firemaking (but not fletching, such as teak logs) you have a left-click 'light' option.

ikr, i already stated thhis in an earlier post in this thread ;)

Turothking.png

It's not really stupid. If people don't want to do it, they don't have to. It's not as if the Quest Cape offers great stats for people to sacrifice their playing style in order to re-obtain it.

It's a great step in the right direction that is finally in line with how difficult they wanted the Quest Cape to be all along.

i fully agree, although i wont achieve the quest cape in a long time, since i kinda dont like questing too much ;)

or no, i dont like the older quests, because there is so much to get from the ge and such before u start the quest, but the newr quests are fun, like one piercing note :)

Turothking.png

You are all assuming that there is only a grindy way of training firemaking. There's more than one way to get xp without click click clicking logs for days.

People can light the torches in mort myre swamps, light beacons around runescape and the wilderness or by using the blast furnace. Not everyone is obsessed with efficiency iand there are bound to be at least some people that will enjoy lighting beacons in order to level up their firemaking to be able to do the quest.

Players are also free to use up any lamps, books, jot, penguin points, dragonkin lamsp and troll invasion exp on firemaking too.

I welcome the level 90 requirement even if it is in a less "important" skill.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You are all assuming that there is only a grindy way of training firemaking. There's more than one way to get xp without click click clicking logs for days.

People can light the torches in mort myre swamps, light beacons around runescape and the wilderness or by using the blast furnace. Not everyone is obsessed with efficiency iand there are bound to be at least some people that will enjoy lighting beacons in order to level up their firemaking to be able to do the quest.

Players are also free to use up any lamps, books, jot, penguin points, dragonkin lamsp and troll invasion exp on firemaking too.

I welcome the level 90 requirement even if it is in a less "important" skill.

yes i agree, althought i am one of the players who try to be more efficient :P

and holy crap u have nice stats :o

Turothking.png