Pures

KolodionRS

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do Combat Pures have a bad reputation?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I'm not sure
    • I don't see them as being any different

Hello All,

I recently started playing again a few months a go.

I logged in to my old account to find it was stripped bare by someone, so i decided to start again.

I decided to make a pure, and it is going well for me.

I am having a lot of fun, and now have a few friends who are friendly, and nice to talk to.

At first i found it hard to make friends with anyone who wasn't a pure, and people often ignored me, or judged me before speaking to them.

Do you think pures have a bad reputation?

Hey I moved this to Questionnaires seen as though it can be answered with a simple yes/no format.

Personally I don't mind pures but I do think they are slightly misinterpreted from what I've seen. Agree with spooferfish when most are rude wankers who think they are the shit.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I wouldn't say its limited to pures, but more of a stereotype for pk'ers in general. Perfectly reasonable people turn insufferable when they go from their main to their pk'ing account. It seems to be the mentality of everyone engaged in online multiplayer combat.

I wouldn't say its limited to pures, but more of a stereotype for pk'ers in general. Perfectly reasonable people turn insufferable when they go from their main to their pk'ing account. It seems to be the mentality of everyone engaged in online multiplayer combat.

^ This, pretty much. Although skiller pures can be just as annoying... I think a lot of pures have the attitude that because their account is different to most people's, it's somehow special and better and they should be treated better because of it, whereas in fact most 'main' players just view them as narrow and not playing the whole game. I know not all pures are like this but yknow, as said, the stereotype comes from somewhere.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Sm0k3 420 xX : Sit down kid s0n nerd owned [bleep]ing sit wannabe tryhard nice 2 def shit acc stick to multi

^ This is what I think of whenever I see a pure/pker talking

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

I think its just a stereotype of pkers in general. Also, people tend to talk a lot of smack when getting into p2p combat fights... that just reinforces the stereotype.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

People generally don't like pures, and see them as really cocky and arrogant. A lot of them fit that stereotype well, others completely disprove it as fact. It depends on the person, really.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

I don't think anyone should judge anyone else's playing style to be honest. Who are you to judge how someone else plays or their personality based off of that? Sure there are large ego pures but theres also level threes or skillers with egos to match.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

Most pures bot, talk trash and act immature, so yes i'd say they have a bad reputation in my eyes.

that's the problem with the attitude , most of them bot , before bot nuke day 50%+ botted stats , wc , str , mage , and so much more.

on forums of final ownage elite and mayhem makers you could see it easy , they post 99 str or a 99 stat and the all say , nice botted. they give pures a bad reputation.

still there are pures that do it all without botting and just train everything on 1 defence.

Level 3 Skiller

Yt Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/rsjoeri

• 3 weeks later...

In my experience a player with a main account decides to make a pure, and because it's not their primary account they often act cocky and rude. However, I don't see this as being true with all pures. Personally, my first account was a pure, which I maxed and then turned into a main. I don't think I was an [wagon], but maybe I was. I do know that there is a definite stereotype for pures. It's just best to prove that you don't fall within it.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

In my experience a player with a main account decides to make a pure, and because it's not their primary account they often act cocky and rude. However, I don't see this as being true with all pures. Personally, my first account was a pure, which I maxed and then turned into a main. I don't think I was an [wagon], but maybe I was. I do know that there is a definite stereotype for pures. It's just best to prove that you don't fall within it.

A good example of a pure that isn't a jerk. At least as far as I saw.

Any RS player can be an ass. Pures, 'mains', skillers, the average joe player... any of em...

35b9enp.jpg