Return of the king... (nahh just kidding :P)

VipLink

I don't really know if anyone know me anymore, but I guess that does not really matter much anyways. Well I've been away for almost 1.5 years now, and I started wondering if I should return to RS again. I've always enjoyed the game really, not because of the game content but because of the great people I've met. I wouldn't play "full time" again as I used to, because that really wasted all my time. Is there even anything new and interesting to return to, or would it just be plain old RS (not rsc, i miss that >_<) and does any of the old schol people even play anymore? Because I have a feeling that even if I returned it would just be to a 2nd generation of RS gamers, and to be honest, I'm not sure if I would like that.

Best Regards,

Vip Link

Hmmm?

-----------------------------------

- Started April 2001

- RSC Combat Level 116

- 4th player to 99 Thieving

- Number 1 in magic from april 2003 to December 2004

- Quitted RSC Nomvember 2004 (played rs2 3 months though)

well it is good to see good ppl coming back to rs and ye there some old schoolers still play but not as much. You also may love to get some barrows armor because it is way better then rune to train or just kill mosters. They also got there own specials for full set that you may just love

nono I havn't returned yet lol, and even if i returned I don't think I'd work on combat skills anymore. Spend way to much time on that in RSC to find out that they made it 3-4 times eassier to get exp in RS2 >_> (at cb skills that is)

Hmmm?

- Started April 2001

- RSC Combat Level 116

I do remember you man.. You were no 1 mage at one point in the game I'd say if you like the game you should return... I am debatin whether to quit or not.. The game doesn't seem much fun anymore i guess its the rude people that i've came across as of late. I haven't been on in over a week or so not nearly as long as you've been away. I guess you could come back and give it a shot if you don't like it you can always go away again.. Well hope to see ya around if i get on

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

Hey VIP! Went to KQ with you once a while back with a couple of mates. It was fun :D

Anyway, rejoin, see what you thin. If you dont like it you just dont have to play :P

Welcome back :wink:

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

I remember you. We went on a KQ trip to celebrate something...maybe some clan thing? I don't know.

I'm an old school player, allthough I don't have the stats to prove it. :oops:

If you need anyone to hang out with, feel free to PM.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Yea, we were in TE together until you left to start your own clan.

Welcome back old-timer. :D

<---- Oh and your avvy says 124 Combat. :P

woot we where clan mates :) i was in eoh/te that was my last clan

To be honest, rs gets less and less appealing for me everyday....

Max i play now is 2-3 hours a month :? probably a waste of members lol, but o well, not liek its expensive.

I do still enjoy the game, but the quality of the people that play gets worse every day it seems, and I just dont have alot of free time anymore....which is why i dont play.

If you have some old friends that are still on ur list that still play, then you will still enjoy the game as long as u can block out everyone else.

If not then play a little, and youll meet some decent paople in game (even if it is a 1:100 ratio lol), and you may still enjoy the game.

I know there has been more then enough updates that you have missed to keep you entertained while you check the game back out.

It doesnt hurt to try, if it doesnt interest you after a week or so, then no loss, bye bye rs.

O and btw, nice to see a fellow rsc player who is still around

sig1178ko.jpg

Sykoknight - 1900 skill total - 132+ combat

Fighting High Scores from late 2001 - Ranked 1894

Prayer High Scores from March 2002 - Ranked 749

Ya, I've been around too long.

but because of the great people I've met.
most of the runescapers that play now are immature, perverted, flaming children who cuss all the time. maybe check the status of some old friends and see how theyre doing, if they still play then id give runescape another go.

no old schoolers play anymore..

dsm = gone

abyss worm = gone

swift mcvay and team = gone

meeturpker = returned !

x dragon x = returned

c h a d = gone

xcyclonewolfx = gone

max333= gone

eugene ru= gone

bigaboys = gone

mr. i have millions of fans blah blah blah aka triple hhh is still around but just not blabbling anymore :(

so most of them are gone

times have changed but i still think there are many many great people in rs, the balance has shifted but that doesnt mean theres noone left :). I do remember you when you were slightly more active :P be glad if you did come back your posts were always intresting to read and discuss. Although i never had a chance to talk to you personally.

tipitsigkk0.jpg

I'm on the same lines with frogmite. never met you but i know who you are. i use to think you're crazy for your insane mage exp in rsc. then came rs2 and it wasn't so insane anymore. :P

there are nice ppl out there, they are just hard to find and if you come by a few, you're lucky like i am. :)

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

most of the runescapers that play now are immature, perverted, flaming children who cuss all the time. maybe check the status of some old friends and see how theyre doing, if they still play then id give runescape another go.

Blame Jagex advertising on Miniclip.com for that. They should advertise to a more mature audience if you ask me.

Blame Jagex advertising on Miniclip.com for that. They should advertise to a more mature audience if you ask me.

For the sake of the community they should, but sadly jagex isn't thinking about the community anymore. I'm not saying they're only keeping RS online for moneymaking purposes, but it surely looks like it. Why do they update weekly? For advertisements sake:

fake[/color] RuneScape advertisementfake":284gobc1]It's RS, it's cool and it's updated weekly!!

If you thought you had fun this week, be sure to log in next week to see what we've added!!

Oh and be sure to keep your membership going because we will make player owned houses towards the end of the year!!

We're not telling you which year but we will implement it someday!

On topic: I can't say that the community has changed since you left because I've only been playing for a year and 3 months, but I must say that there quite a few people out there that you can have great conversations with and great fun. I met quite a few in my "clan" (see signature and yes, you will get a cookie :wink: ) and what surprised me is that most of them aren't over 20 years old. People allways say that the bad apples of the community are all 13 year olds thinking they can do anything they want since they're anonymous on the internet. Sure there's a lot of them out there but with a mix of maturity and bullheadedness they crumble. And if you've tried your best or just don't feel like going head to head with a 'noob' there's allways the ignore button. On these boards I hear a lot of people saying that they can't play the game anymore with public or private chat on. Both of them are usually on for me and I have had quite some interesting conversations with people that randomly added me. Sure people try to scam through pm but a bit of common sense will prevent any losses.

I guess what I'm saying is that there's more parts in the community now: the people behaving immature and trying to bother other people with that behavior and the people that respect other players and play the game to relax and enjoy themselves.

P.S. A small thing to add: not all that comes from miniclip is bad. I for one found RS on miniclip and I consider myself a mature player (even though you shouldn't say that about yourself).

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

I'm on the same lines with frogmite. never met you but i know who you are. i use to think you're crazy for your insane mage exp in rsc. then came rs2 and it wasn't so insane anymore. :P

there are nice ppl out there, they are just hard to find and if you come by a few, you're lucky like i am. :)

well i have about 38 mill exp in RSC since thats the only thing i continued with really after i quitted... didn't take long to achieve and stopped doing magic aswell :\ still had around 400k chaos runes left ^^ I miss it sometimes, but I don't feel like logging on RSC ever again, because all I saw were bots everywhere :( that made me a sad panda :(

I remember you - you're a great poster. Definitely try out playing for awhile and see how things are. If you have friends that still play it should be fun.

Hehe Yeah well after forums changed I must admit I was not as active as I used to be, but I can see the tip.it forums have grown a lot aswell, i remember the old days where there wasnt even 10% of the users there is now :shock:

Hmmm?

- Started April 2001

- RSC Combat Level 116